Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 142 of 304 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 4559
    Sauron dont forget they also have J Upton and Simmons on their payroll. Cole and Borass have completely walked back the narrative that he's only interested in west coast teams.

For those hanging on anything on whats Hal said in his interview that aired recently, gotta remember that was taped over a month ago.

I would love to have but what i want means exactly zero. That said from what im seeing, reading and hearing this is by far the most interest the Yanks have shown in a big time FA since Tanaka. Usually when the Yanks decide the really what a GA they get him, most recently CC and Tanakq.

If they are determined to get Cole i highly doubt it will be the money that prevents us from getting him

RC 100% im with u. If they miss on Cole i believe its either going to be on Hal or that Cole doesn't want to play here

Sauron. Correct on your locale post.

Day. Itíll simply be the highest bidder that wins on Cole no matter the location.

Regarding Rizzo. Would love to have him.

Regarding Wheeler. I think heís a stud waiting to break out in a big way. In fact, Iím confident saying his A Game stuff is the best in baseball. Problem is he only has that occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Sauron. Correct on your locale post.

Day. Itíll simply be the highest bidder that wins on Cole no matter the location.

Regarding Rizzo. Would love to have him.

Regarding Wheeler. I think heís a stud waiting to break out in a big way. In fact, Iím confident saying his A Game stuff is the best in baseball. Problem is he only has that occasionally.
    That's why I believe it's the CC situation all over again. CC wanted to be on the west coast but could not turn down what the Yankees offered.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Leo i dont disagree with u at all but if the money is the exact same i like our chances. Here he has qn opportunity to win multiple WS and has a huge supporting cast to help him do so.

In Anaheim its basically him, Trout and Ohtani. 2 of the best 10 players in the world wins championships in basketball. In baseball it doesn't do alot for u. Seattle had Arod Griffey and a prime Randy Johnson and didn't win ****. I dont think Trout and Cole do much better

Regaurding Rizzo id love to have him depending on the cost. That said i find much much more value in up the middle players.

We had 2 of the better 1st baseman in baseball at their times with Giambi qnd Tex. We won 1 with those guys.

I would way way rather have the younger far more complete player in Lindor who is capable of putting up similar numbers to Rizzo while playing a premium position

RC. Agree. Itís the only way we get him imo. A blowout offer.

Day. If itís equal money, the proper Ďbaseballí choice is the yanks. But these days, players care more about lifestyle, convenience to their other ventures and family ease. They donít care about winning like fans do.

My buddy was a pro mlb guy you all know. He always told me it was all about the money first, then bust ur azz to win after your secured financially.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

My comment above goes the same for owners. Money trumps winning.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Furthermore, ask yourself to answer this truthfully:

Would you rather have $300 million to go 81-81 at home in sunny cali with the Angels or $200 million to go 100-60 w the Yankees but maybe win a ring?

Itís the 300m. Every time.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

And finally.....ask Manny. He took $300 mil to lose in Sunny SD rather than win for 200m in nyc.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The difference with MM and Corbin the Yankees never went on the road to recruit them .Cash, Boone and Blakeley went to Coles house today. They aren't going on the road to recruit him if they weren't very serious about getting him and they absolutely know what its going to cost

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    One of my closest and most trusted friends works at Publix (mid-tier position).

Sauron lives in Connecticut which might be the one state that actually trumps NY and CA in terms of taxation density.

The dream is to retire to Orlando or Puerto Rico and, yes, you need an abundance of surplus chromosomes to call this place home.
    Connecticut is stupid expensive. I left there in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Furthermore, ask yourself to answer this truthfully:

Would you rather have $300 million to go 81-81 at home in sunny cali with the Angels or $200 million to go 100-60 w the Yankees but maybe win a ring?

Itís the 300m. Every time.
    I'll take the $200m w a shot at winning every year. 200 or 300m for me would be the same thing.

Then again, they flew to Arkansas to try and sign Cliff Lee.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I'll take the $200m w a shot at winning every year. 200 or 300m for me would be the same thing.
    Iíd bet when those two checks are laying in front if you, you choose the loot.

First of all, the union would make you do so anyway.