Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 141 of 319 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 4782
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I am going to put hopeful spin on this. If you were Boras, wouldn't you want the Yankees to think there was no chance in hell that he would play here? Make them beg you to come just to talk? Make them make a bottom line offer?
    "We won't even consider the Yankees unless your starting point is 7 for 260 mil."

Make the Yankees overbid. Then bring other teams into the mix.

I am quite possibly, very, very wrong and there is no way Cole will play here but it is a very smart move to make it known that he doesn't like NY

Not a bad ploy.
    My top 5 Yankee playoff teams

5. 2009

I read that the Rangers are very interested in Andujar. The only pitcher on the Rangers staff I would be interested in is Mike Minor. Minor only has one year left of team control (although it is a nice $9.5 million salary), and he is a low 90's right handers who had a decent era this past season but I'm not enamored with the whole package. If the Yankees were to get Minor for Andujar, I would hope they would also get some other players. I don't think Minor is the piece that brings the Yankees from contender to champion.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    I read that the Rangers are very interested in Andujar. The only pitcher on the Rangers staff I would be interested in is Mike Minor. Minor only has one year left of team control (although it is a nice $9.5 million salary), and he is a low 90's right handers who had a decent era this past season but I'm not enamored with the whole package. If the Yankees were to get Minor for Andujar, I would hope they would also get some other players. I don't think Minor is the piece that brings the Yankees from contender to champion.
    Agreed. I would say he's not even close to that guy.

I would hate that trade. I hope if they do move Andujar, it's in a package for a TORP. I think he far too valuable for a mid rotation guy with slightly above average stuff, who has a year left of team control.

I would trade Happ for him!

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Why would Cole want to be stuck inside playing PS4 because of heavy snow and instead come outside in Sunny California and tee it up on a nice warm afternoon with a cocktail in hand?

Most would take the sun and a cocktail.
    I am thrilled to be stuck in the house today and will be playing my PS4.

With his money, he could have 2 houses and most likely will. He doesn't have to live here in the winter, just the last few days of march into the first week of november. Rest of the year he can **** off

I am thrilled to be stuck in the house today and will be playing my PS4.

With his money, he could have 2 houses and most likely will. He doesn't have to live here in the winter, just the last few days of march into the first week of november. Rest of the year he can **** off
    except for early season and perhaps late october nyc summers are much hotter a place then southern california is..i don't believe for a second weather has anything to do with cole destination.. he could play for the angels and never win anything for most or all of his career.. or come to the yanks and be assured of being a world series contender for many years to come.. plus the yanks can match or beat any other teams offer for him..

ps. he does not have to live in nyc during the winter months like many other yankee players they lived in warm weather during the winter like jeter did and cano did..

Talks that the Cubs want to shake things up. I’d love to try and pry Rizzo away from them if possible. Gold glove 1B that hits from the left side and gets on base.

Imagine if we traded for him and Lindor. Trade Sanchez, Gio and Voit to help create the prospect capital. Andujar and Frazier probably gone in the deals too.

SS Lindor
    3B DJ
    RF Judge
    1B Rizzo
    DH Stanton
    LF Tauchman
    C Romine
    CF Gardner

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Talks that the Cubs want to shake things up. I’d love to try and pry Rizzo away from them if possible. Gold glove 1B that hits from the left side and gets on base.

Imagine if we traded for him and Lindor. Trade Sanchez, Gio and Voit to help create the prospect capital. Andujar and Frazier probably gone in the deals too.

SS Lindor
    3B DJ
    RF Judge
    1B Rizzo
    DH Stanton
    LF Tauchman
    C Romine
    CF Gardner
    100%
    I have been on the Rizzo trade idea for over a month.
    I had suggested trades like Andujar, Florial, German and another spec for Rizzo and Sanchez, Frazier, Garcia and throw in Monty if they want an MLB ready guy, for Lindor

That lineup is absolutely filthy and that's coming from a Clown. You have 4 guys who can legitimately run. You have 5 guys who can hit the ball all over the place. You still have 3 power bats. By moving Sanchez, it allows Stanton to be full time DH and occasional LF or RF.

Do that and sign Wheeler.

Pax
    Tank
    Wheeler
    Sevy
    Happ

100%
    I have been on the Rizzo trade idea for over a month.
    I had suggested trades like Andujar, Florial, German and another spec for Rizzo and Sanchez, Frazier, Garcia and throw in Monty if they want an MLB ready guy, for Lindor

That lineup is absolutely filthy and that's coming from a Clown. You have 4 guys who can legitimately run. You have 5 guys who can hit the ball all over the place. You still have 3 power bats. By moving Sanchez, it allows Stanton to be full time DH and occasional LF or RF.

Do that and sign Wheeler.

Pax
    Tank
    Wheeler
    Sevy
    Happ
    wheeler does nothing for me as a yankee fan i want cole no matter what the cost he is the difference maker...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    wheeler does nothing for me as a yankee fan i want cole no matter what the cost he is the difference maker...
    Does he do something for you as other than a Yankee fan?

I would be fine with him if we had that lineup

Agree with everyone else. Rizzo would be a perfect fit here. Under control for a few more years and at not a bad price too.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Mush. You are correct in one thing. You have to have a few extra chromosomes to live in NY or Cali.

I know people making 150k in NYC and have zero savings and people that work at Publix in Florida and make 35k and have more of a life.

At the top level, athletes are not going to NYC. Just look at every Ny team. They all stink and nobody wants to go there. NY is a miserable place all around.

If I’m Cole, I sign in Texas or Houston. Otherwise, my home town and eat the taxes for that comfort.
    One of my closest and most trusted friends works at Publix (mid-tier position).

Sauron lives in Connecticut which might be the one state that actually trumps NY and CA in terms of taxation density.

The dream is to retire to Orlando or Puerto Rico and, yes, you need an abundance of surplus chromosomes to call this place home.
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Mush. You are correct in one thing. You have to have a few extra chromosomes to live in NY or Cali.

I know people making 150k in NYC and have zero savings and people that work at Publix in Florida and make 35k and have more of a life.

At the top level, athletes are not going to NYC. Just look at every Ny team. They all stink and nobody wants to go there. NY is a miserable place all around.

If I’m Cole, I sign in Texas or Houston. Otherwise, my home town and eat the taxes for that comfort.
    About this, supposedArlington is an absolutely moserable place to pitch in the summer months and the Rangers aren’t going anywhere, anytime soon.

I think he burnt his Houston bridge.

Also, for all of this talk on Moreno, aren’t they locked into big-time salary outlays already with Trout, Pujols, and Ohtani??? I have a very difficult time seeing them plunk down another 35+m AAV to upgrade to 3rd place and I have an even more difficult time thinking Cole thinks he has anyshot at serious contention in Anaheim.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I guess you don't ski! Northeast two foot powder! We are packing as I type.
    Doc...........................PLEASE tell me you are not the user formerly known as “skierdude!!!!”

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Doc...........................PLEASE tell me you are not the user formerly known as “skierdude!!!!”
    He was a skater dude. He said see ya later dude.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Idk to me this Cole situation has CC written all over it.

Cashman never seemed interested in Machado or Corbin. Felt like he was just doing them a favor by meeting with them(more like a favor for the agents) in just playing ball.

I don't know if they'll land Cole. But I 100% believe Cashman is going to do everything in how power to land him.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.