Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 138 of 357 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 5341
  1. #2056
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    7,531
    A couple interesting articles about Rothschild and the Yanks having to go around him to fix Paxton and others.
    Hopefully these new pitching coaches and coordinators will be an improvement
    https://www.12up.com/posts/yankees-r...n-01dt7r4ptwf0

  2. #2057
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    33,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Post 2034. Please read
    No.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  3. #2058
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,480
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Joel Sherman was on Maddog and had a good point for all you Cole fans.

    Next year, the best FA pitcher is Paxton so there are no aces available.

    The following year itíll be all over the hill guys like Kershaw and Kluber.

    So if the Yanks want an ace in his prime, this is literally the ONLY chance theyíll have and itís only money, not player assets.
    Iíve accepted the fact that it isnít going to happen. Extending Chapman closed the door on any chances of signing Cole in my opinion. Iím just curious what the reasoning will be when they donít. Will we hear the ďwe gave it our best shotĒ or will it be ďwe just missed the World Series last year.. we feel good with what we haveĒ. I do think they will be ďinĒ on him but they wonít come anywhere near the Angels or Phillies. I wouldnít be surprised to see Cole and Didi both land in Philly.

  4. #2059
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    41,886
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    Iíve accepted the fact that it isnít going to happen. Extending Chapman closed the door on any chances of signing Cole in my opinion. Iím just curious what the reasoning will be when they donít. Will we hear the ďwe gave it our best shotĒ or will it be ďwe just missed the World Series last year.. we feel good with what we haveĒ. I do think they will be ďinĒ on him but they wonít come anywhere near the Angels or Phillies. I wouldnít be surprised to see Cole and Didi both land in Philly.
    Iíd be happy for Joe.

  5. #2060
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,480
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Iíd be happy for Joe.
    I wasnít the biggest Girardi fan but I certainly prefer him to Boonehead. I think he will succeed in philly.

  6. #2061
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,336
    hal is a corporate owner it's cashamn delusional belief the yanks don't need to go after a ace like cole..

    and that they can win it with basically what the team has... i don't think the yanks will sign even a second tier starting free agent piitcher like wheeler or madbum.. yanks have 5 starters... and they will go with what they got basically...

  7. #2062
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,480
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    hal is a corporate owner it's cashamn delusional belief the yanks don't need to go after a ace like cole..

    and that they can win it with basically what the team has... i don't think the yanks will sign even a second tier starting free agent piitcher like wheeler or madbum.. yanks have 5 starters... and they will go with what they got basically...
    While Cashman is responsible for some questionable moves in the past, I believe Hal is the reason they donít sign Cole. You might be right about going with why they have. I think guys like Wheeler are even going to get paid more than what Hal wants to spend.

  8. #2063
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    41,886
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    I wasnít the biggest Girardi fan but I certainly prefer him to Boonehead. I think he will succeed in philly.
    No reason to dislike Joe. He did a great job and won a ring. Hope he wins anything we canít.

    Iím still shocked they didnít overpay Slappy yet.

  9. #2064
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,480
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    No reason to dislike Joe. He did a great job and won a ring. Hope he wins anything we canít.

    Iím still shocked they didnít overpay Slappy yet.
    Donít worry. They will give him his 1/10 deal here shortly. Then Hal will tell us how he was such an integral part of the team.

  10. #2065
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    7,531
    Heard from my buddy that Gardy has a 2yr offer in the 16-18m deal from somewhere else. He wants the Yanks to give him 1yr with a vesting option for the 2nd.
    The Yanks dont feel comfortable with Tauchman being their only CF option. He said they are exploring lots of different trade options..
    Betances sounds like he has a much stronger market than anticipated. They are looking to add both a lhed and rhed relivers to give the BP more depth
    He said the markets for Cole and Stras haven't even begun to get serious. Boras wants to see what Wheeler is going to get before they'll get serious about Strasburg, then he'll get going on Cole. He expects those 2 to sign after the 1st of the yr. I don't think thats anything we all didn't already know about the Stras and Cole markets
    Nothing new about Didi either

  11. #2066
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,194
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Heard from my buddy that Gardy has a 2yr offer in the 16-18m deal from somewhere else. He wants the Yanks to give him 1yr with a vesting option for the 2nd.
    The Yanks dont feel comfortable with Tauchman being their only CF option. He said they are exploring lots of different trade options..
    Betances sounds like he has a much stronger market than anticipated. They are looking to add both a lhed and rhed relivers to give the BP more depth
    He said the markets for Cole and Stras haven't even begun to get serious. Boras wants to see what Wheeler is going to get before they'll get serious about Strasburg, then he'll get going on Cole. He expects those 2 to sign after the 1st of the yr. I don't think thats anything we all didn't already know about the Stras and Cole markets
    Nothing new about Didi either
    I believe all of this 100%. The Yankees are messing up if they don't sign Betances now. As for CF, I agree that Tauchman is not the everyday answer. Marte is available. I wonder if they are one of the teams kicking the tires on him. Gardner only costs money. If he is being offered 2 years at $16 to $18 Million, Yanks could do 1 yr $8 million with a vesting option and a $2 million buyout and he'd sign.

  12. #2067
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    41,886
    Bye Slappy. Please donít give him two years. Ridiculous.

    Imagine them giving Slappy two years but not giving Dizzle or Dellin 3.

    Of course, Iíd let em all go to inject new blood.

    Dellin is not a guy who can be counted on in a big spot. Mental midget. Canít field. Walks everyone. Stolen bases 100%.

    Slappy useless in October.

    Dizzle is the only guy I can be convinced to keep.

    Time to think about October. Not just getting there.

  13. #2068
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,480
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Bye Slappy. Please donít give him two years. Ridiculous.

    Imagine them giving Slappy two years but not giving Dizzle or Dellin 3.

    Of course, Iíd let em all go to inject new blood.

    Dellin is not a guy who can be counted on in a big spot. Mental midget. Canít field. Walks everyone. Stolen bases 100%.

    Slappy useless in October.

    Dizzle is the only guy I can be convinced to keep.

    Time to think about October. Not just getting there.
    But Leo, itís much cheaper to just get there than it is to build a team capable of winning it all.

  14. #2069
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    16,770
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Bye Slappy. Please donít give him two years. Ridiculous.

    Imagine them giving Slappy two years but not giving Dizzle or Dellin 3.

    Of course, Iíd let em all go to inject new blood.

    Dellin is not a guy who can be counted on in a big spot. Mental midget. Canít field. Walks everyone. Stolen bases 100%.

    Slappy useless in October.

    Dizzle is the only guy I can be convinced to keep.

    Time to think about October. Not just getting there.
    I have a slight feeling that Joe Girardi wants some key veterans on his Philly team and will use available Yankees..

    Gardy, Betances and Romine could all be bound for Philly.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

    1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

  15. #2070
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    16,770
    With Didi gone Iíd wait and see what happens to Villar. Monday is the last day tender contracts and the Oís have already put Villar on outright waivers.

    Yankees could get him to play 2b and move Torres to SS to be the new Jeter who actually has a chance to be even better with regards to regular season numbers. I highly doubt Torres will ever get 5 rings. So the Jeter lovers will always use that against Torres.

    Torres will be the face of the Yankees for the next 12-15 years. He is going to be a lifer.

    New lineup For Opening Day, Hicks coming back makes it stronger in the stretch run.

    1. Villar 2b
    2. Judge RF
    3. DJ 1b
    4. Big Mike LF
    5. Torres SS
    6. Sanchez C
    7. Andujar DH
    8. Urshela 3b
    9. Tauchman CF
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

    1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •