Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 196 of 312 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 4667
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Very team friendly. Rizzo signed a seven-year, $41 million contract extension with the Cubs in May 2013, one of the most team-friendly deals in all of baseball. Both Rizzo and Bryant have come up in trade rumors.
    Wasnít the Cubs the team for the decade with all of their young talent?

Theo ruined the rotation with bloated contracts and now they want to part ways with Rizzo and Bryant.
    My top 5 Yankee playoff teams

5. 2009

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Hey I donít want the Rays to leave. I like the Yankees coming to town here in Florida. Plus I like baseball games so quit that contraction talk....
    Agreed, and contraction would kill jobs.

The league needs to expand if anything. A team in Mexico City and a team in Montreal. Mexico City would go nuts for a team.

2021 rotation

1. Cole
    2. Sevy
    3. Monty
    4. German
    5. Garcia

Lean and mean!

5. 2009

They donít ďwantĒ to part ways with Rizzo or Bryant. Theyíve reportedly been told to cut payroll yet they have a lot of holes. So moving a player like Rizzo or Bryant to fill multiple holes is a way to manage both of those tasks.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Who are the top lefty 1st basemen FA?

5. 2009

2021 rotation

1. Cole
    2. Sevy
    3. Monty
    4. German
    5. Garcia

Lean and mean!
    As of right now Iím thinking that Tanaka could come back. Heíll be entering his age 32 season so he wonít be young. He hasnít exactly been great in recent years, more along the lines of good or even just serviceable. But when he came here he supposedly wanted the big stage and heís well settled in now in NY. I think price will line up right for him to be back on a relatively modest deal.

Iíd send Theo: Andujar, Florial, King and our best SS spec for Rizzo.

5. 2009

Looking at Rizzos number, other than the very high obp% Other than that they are very similar to the numbers Andujar put up as a rookie

If i was choicing id go Lindor. While not bad i much prefer DJ to be able to play where ever. And Torres at 2nd.

Lindor add power, speed and plays elite defense at a premium position and he and Torres would make an incredible middle infield for yrs. With those 2 u could pencil in high avg, high contact high power. We could realistically get 60plus hrs out of our middle infield

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Iím ecstatic! But Iím also a bit let down. It was fun waiting.

Letís argue about Slappy who should sign any minute!
    I wanted Cole and that was me happy. Numbers are insane though and I get ya itís kinda a Meh deal now. I actually think the massive numbers reduce whatís on the table to Slappy. Sign here on a team Friendly deal cement your legacy or go elsewhere which you donít want and fade into obscurity.

I think a deal or two out the blue will happen too. We are absolutely all in on a win now mode.

The arguments over the Cole deal are gonna be fun. What we did last summer allowed the signing of Cole and that shouldnít be underestimated. There was obviously a plan there and for once the cards fell our way.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Looking at Rizzos number, other than the very high obp% Other than that they are very similar to the numbers Andujar put up as a rookie

If i was choicing id go Lindor. While not bad i much prefer DJ to be able to play where ever. And Torres at 2nd.

Lindor add power, speed and plays elite defense at a premium position and he and Torres would make an incredible middle infield for yrs. With those 2 u could pencil in high avg, high contact high power. We could realistically get 60plus hrs out of our middle infield
    I agree 100%. But heíll be harder to obtain. I think there would be a more desperate team than us who would beat an offer of Andujar, Garcia and others.

I donít think Rizzo will draw the same market. This more obtainable. The lefty lineup balance, the excellent defense and excellent OBP make him a big upgrade to the 2020 yankees over Andujar IMO

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Sauron we got our ace buddy Hal and Cash stepped up for the 1st time in 11yrs. Cash finally got his white whale!!!!! Yeah buddy

Somewhere up there George is smiling again.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    My agency buddy just told me Rizzo could be next. Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    For the record. I am still on the train.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/9cc8401...f-096bb7b7e292

I think Cash was terrified and that's why he did this.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Sauron has spoken.

Buster Olney@Buster_ESPN

It's likely that the Yankees will pay more for Gerrit Cole and Giancarlo Stanton than the Orioles will spend on their entire team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Costanza View Post
    Iím shocked we got him. Definitely thought we were on the outside looking in.
    Gentlemen, upon a full night's sleep of contemplative reflection, Sauron has decided to humbly surmise that, indeed:

THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

^^^^ If you notice, Sauron subtly utilized exactly 36 of those emojis.
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

Hey I donít want the Rays to leave. I like the Yankees coming to town here in Florida. Plus I like baseball games so quit that contraction talk....
    Unfortunately not enough of your neighbors feel the same!
    ďFarts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.Ē ó Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin

Unfortunately not enough of your neighbors feel the same!
    I donít live in Tampa but I have friends that do, their biggest gripes are the location of the ballpark and how terrible it is. Itís really hard to get to apparently and thereís not much around it.

The new park that was proposed apparently addresses all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    Agreed, and contraction would kill jobs.

The league needs to expand if anything. A team in Mexico City and a team in Montreal. Mexico City would go nuts for a team.
    Definitely NOT expansion. I could be convinced relocation of certain franchises to more lucrative markets might be an answer.
    ďFarts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.Ē ó Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin