Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 140 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2314
    That Hal interview on Hot Stove didn’t give me any confidence.

Per Rosenthal: “The Yankees are again making [Cole] a priority, sources said.”

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Who knew Cashman ate.. Nevermind.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Per Rosenthal: “The Yankees are again making [Cole] a priority, sources said.”

That is Rosenthal.

Now listen to Hal and this goes up in flames.
    My top 5 Yankee playoff teams

5. 2009

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    I’ve accepted the fact that it isn’t going to happen. Extending Chapman closed the door on any chances of signing Cole in my opinion. I’m just curious what the reasoning will be when they don’t. Will we hear the “we gave it our best shot” or will it be “we just missed the World Series last year.. we feel good with what we have”. I do think they will be “in” on him but they won’t come anywhere near the Angels or Phillies. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Cole and Didi both land in Philly.

At the very least the Yankees will still have 2 great options to win ballgames.

Hitting and a strong bullie. Those two areas must not weaken now. We didn’t even have Delin and the bullpen still thrived. We can’t worry about Cole. Strengthen within for now and if we somehow get lucky to sign Cole then that is the cherry on top of the sundae.

5. 2009

Industry sources are saying Cole will avoid NY completely and take whatever money Moreno offers. Hal will not even have a shot. He apparently doesn’t want any part of NY with the high taxes and cold weather in April and May. He can live with the even higher taxes in sunny California.

Think about it folks, what would,you take?

I love NY and everything about the city but the place is miserable when the weather turns rotten and April and May is not the best time of the year for the weather. You wake up in a rotten mood with the weather and then look at your pay stub of all of the the ridiculous taxes that you have to pay. I’d rather pay more taxes in sunny California as the mood is much brighter. That is just me.

Why do you think I live in Florida. I’m a New York guy and want no part of that besides weekly visits during some good homestands. Leo knows as well.

Hal said there are ramifications if they go over the $248 million mark. Besides paying more in taxes the draft picks are affected. All of this factors in Hal’s thinking process.

Hal is also looking at the future payrolls with Sanchez, Judge, Torres getting huge raises soon.

Then in 2028 the roster is like the 2013-2014 with albatrosses.

Folks, I just gave you every reason why Hal will not even offer Cole a dime.

Just resign Tanaka, Pax and Happ and pray Sevy and German progress further and become strong 1’s and 2’s and leave Pax, Tanaka and Happ in the dust and then nothing is affected and the rotation is stronger thru progression.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 12-03-2019 at 08:45 AM.

5. 2009

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Industry sources are saying Cole will avoid NY completely and take whatever money Moreno offers. Hal will not even have a shot. He apparently doesn’t want any part of NY with the high taxes and cold weather in April and May. He can live with the even higher taxes in sunny California.

I love NY and everything about the city but the place is miserable when the weather turns rotten and April and May is not the best time of the year for the weather. You wake up in a rotten mood with the weather and then look at your pay stub of all of the the ridiculous taxes that you have to pay. I’d rather pay more taxes in sunny California as the mood is much brighter.
    I am going to put hopeful spin on this. If you were Boras, wouldn't you want the Yankees to think there was no chance in hell that he would play here? Make them beg you to come just to talk? Make them make a bottom line offer?
    "We won't even consider the Yankees unless your starting point is 7 for 260 mil."

Make the Yankees overbid. Then bring other teams into the mix.

I am quite possibly, very, very wrong and there is no way Cole will play here but it is a very smart move to make it known that he doesn't like NY

**** off. Where's my title

Mush. You are correct in one thing. You have to have a few extra chromosomes to live in NY or Cali.

I know people making 150k in NYC and have zero savings and people that work at Publix in Florida and make 35k and have more of a life.

At the top level, athletes are not going to NYC. Just look at every Ny team. They all stink and nobody wants to go there. NY is a miserable place all around.

If I’m Cole, I sign in Texas or Houston. Otherwise, my home town and eat the taxes for that comfort.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

I love NY and everything about the city but the place is miserable when the weather turns rotten and April and May is not the best time of the year for the weather. You wake up in a rotten mood with the weather and then look at your pay stub of all of the the ridiculous taxes that you have to pay. I’d rather pay more taxes in sunny California as the mood is much brighter. That is just me.

Why do you think I live in Florida. I’m a New York guy and want no part of that besides weekly visits during some good homestands. Leo knows as well.

Hal said there are ramifications if they go over the $248 million mark. Besides paying more in taxes the draft picks are affected. All of this factors in Hal’s thinking process.

Hal is also looking at the future payrolls with Sanchez, Judge, Torres getting huge raises soon.

Then in 2028 the roster is like the 2013-2014 with albatrosses.

Folks, I just gave you every reason why Hal will not even offer Cole a dime.

Just resign Tanaka, Pax and Happ and pray Sevy and German progress further and become strong 1’s and 2’s and leave Pax, Tanaka and Happ in the dust and then nothing is affected and the rotation is stronger thru progression.
    I have a friend who got 18 inches of snow in Upstate NY yesterday,,and that is why I also live in Florida. I have no need for that crap

Take the money, big stage, a legit shot at a ring, chance at being a star leading a rotation and creating a legacy. Get a sun tan in the off season!

FWIW, lifelong NYer, I tolerate Fla. for 2 weeks a year. Not everyone enjoys sweating and bugs!
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I am going to put hopeful spin on this. If you were Boras, wouldn't you want the Yankees to think there was no chance in hell that he would play here? Make them beg you to come just to talk? Make them make a bottom line offer?
    "We won't even consider the Yankees unless your starting point is 7 for 260 mil."

Make the Yankees overbid. Then bring other teams into the mix.

I am quite possibly, very, very wrong and there is no way Cole will play here but it is a very smart move to make it known that he doesn't like NY
    Precisely. It's how the game is played. Think of it as an orchestrated dance. Others have claimed "to hate NY", but somehow manage once they get here! Hal is well schooled in Borass tactical maneuvers.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    I have a friend who got 18 inches of snow in Upstate NY yesterday,,and that is why I also live in Florida. I have no need for that crap
    I guess you don't ski! Northeast two foot powder! We are packing as I type.

How about trading with Jeter again?

Jonathan Villar is now a product of the Marlins and stands to make $10 million next season. Trade some stiffs to Jeter and then we have Villar for 2b in 2020 while Torres goes to SS thus saving a lot of loot by not resigning Didi.

Villar, DJ are what the Dynasty teams had.

5. 2009

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Take the money, big stage, a legit shot at a ring, chance at being a star leading a rotation and creating a legacy. Get a sun tan in the off season!

FWIW, lifelong NYer, I tolerate Fla. for 2 weeks a year. Not everyone enjoys sweating and bugs!

Why would Cole want to be stuck inside playing PS4 because of heavy snow and instead come outside in Sunny California and tee it up on a nice warm afternoon with a cocktail in hand?

Most would take the sun and a cocktail.

5. 2009