Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 310 of 358 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320 ... LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 5358
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    So any bets on which position Andujar struggles with the most? I gotta think he's going to be an adventure in the OF
    LF at the Stadium can be a challenge, 1B might be a bit easier sans having to throw on a DP. I still maintain his best defensive position is DH. Boone wants his bat in the lineup but where do you hide his glove? Milwaukee? SD? Pittsburg? Cleveland?
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

I think they try andujar at 1b

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It's not the worst thing. Worst case, It gives him a chance to increase his trade value or end up in the pen. Best case, he returns to his old form and becomes a legit part of the rotation.
    It gives Monty time in the minors to fine tune. It pushes Cessa and Lasagna to the pen, I'm guessing.

Cole-Tank-Pax-Sevy-Happ is a nice rotation.
    it is the worst case happ is garbage he will continue to get bombed until the yanks release him...

So any bets on which position Andujar struggles with the most? I gotta think he's going to be an adventure in the OF
    I'm not sure what to expect from him. His defensive #'s weren't all that great in 2018... but it was not his glove that was the issue... he would make a good play with the leather only to throw the ball away... with the same arm he just got repaired in 2019... So I expect that we have not idea what we'll get...

I'd say Andujar struggles the most with 3B. He likes to play deep. If he plays a deep LF, he probably won't struggle with misplaying balls, but hits will drop in front of him, which isn't good, but he won't look like he's struggling. Whereas at 3B, if he tries to hurry the throw, because he's so deep, he will make a lot of throwing errors.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    it is the worst case happ is garbage he will continue to get bombed until the yanks release him...
    I don't even think that's a bad thing. Most people seem to be annoyed he's on the team still. If he stinks it up, he's gone. Monty gets called up. It will make most, happy to see him fail and go.

**** off. Where's my title

I never understood why a young pro athlete would have trouble with any position. When I was a young stud, I played them all without issue at my level.......why can’t they?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

I don't think it's Miggys' glove per se, he can catch whatever is hit directly at him. Imo his range is limited and his positioning (footwork) when throwing seems to be the problem. Awkward mechanics. Can't teach range or quickness. First step is critical when playing the IF, particularly 3B and 1B, ball gets on you quickly. His bat is special no question. At the age of just 23, Andujar led the Yankees in almost all offensive categories in 2018. I hope his off season work pays dividends.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Torres and Gary look like sculpted machines.

We might see career years from these two.

They better hurry though, Jeter after 4 years already had 3 rings. Thanks to those cheating bastards they have zero.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Torres and Gary look like sculpted machines.

We might see career years from these two.

They better hurry though, Jeter after 4 years already had 3 rings. Thanks to those cheating bastards they have zero.
    Cmon Mush....are we still whining about cheating when our last 5 titles were due to cheating?

Take the good with the bad.

They were never scoring off the Nats anyway. And Boston beat chump Sevy 16-1 in our building.

They lose this year and they need to blow up the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Cmon Mush....are we still whining about cheating when our last 5 titles were due to cheating?

Take the good with the bad.

They were never scoring off the Nats anyway. And Boston beat chump Sevy 16-1 in our building.

They lose this year and they need to blow up the lineup.
    Facts matter. Sevy's performance was horrid, however in fairness he gave up 7H and 6 ER's. There is plenty more "blame" to go around for the Boston debacle. Imo, if Sevy's a chump I welcome more chumps just like him.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Facts matter. Sevy's performance was horrid, however in fairness he gave up 7H and 6 ER's. There is plenty more "blame" to go around for the Boston debacle. Imo, if Sevy's a chump I welcome more chumps just like him.
    Come on doc. That game 3 loss is 100% on Sevy. The game was over by the 4th inning. If he hadn't forgotten what time the game started and then **** the bed, no way Lance Lynn, Holder, Tarpley and Romine also pitch that game. That stellar 4some gave up a combined 9 runs and the only reason those guys were pitching is bc Sevy ruined the game early and might as well save the good pen arms for game 4.

As great as Sevy has been in the regular season, he has been absolutely terrible in October. He's still plenty young so hopefully he figured it out, but so far the guy has choked hard in big games.

His best October start so far was vs the Twins last year where he lasted a whopping 4 innings and was in trouble every inning.

October career
    8 starts
    1-3 record
    5.17 ERA
    31.1 IP (less than 4 inn per start)
    31 H
    19 BB
    7 HRs
    18 ER
    1.6 WHIP
    I would expect these numbers from someone like Chance Adams, not a guy who has been the staff ace.

28 What part of "his performance was horrid" is unclear? Not disputing his performance.

You are correct, he stunk up the joint. If he doesn't get blown out by the 4th likely we don't see the pen procession. You are also correct, until his performance vs. Twins not a good resume'. His outing in Oakland also very good.

My only point, why dump on Sevy exclusively. Others have failed in postseason. Imo he shouldn't be the only guy with a target on his back. In the Oakland series he was great, 2H's 0 ER's, 5 days later he gets shelled and looks like ****. I simply object to the monotonous narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    28 What part of "his performance was horrid" is unclear? Not disputing his performance.

You are correct, he stunk up the joint. If he doesn't get blown out by the 4th likely we don't see the pen procession. You are also correct, until his performance vs. Twins not a good resume'. His outing in Oakland also very good.

My only point, why dump on Sevy exclusively. Others have failed in postseason. Imo he shouldn't be the only guy with a target on his back. In the Oakland series he was great, 2H's 0 ER's, 5 days later he gets shelled and looks like ****. I simply object to the monotonous narrative.
    He's definitely far from the only one to massively underperform in October. But his regular season resume and the fact that he was supposed to be our ace the past few years, is why he stands out more imo.
    His wild card start vs Oakland was good, but he still allowed 6 baserunners in 4 innings and he threw 87 pitches. He just needs to string together a couple starts of 5+ dominant innings imo. I think it's all mental with him. He has the stuff, but I think that Twins WC game when he didn't make it out of the 1st messed him up. Hopefully he proves everyone wrong this fall and he and Cole are an unhittable 1-2 punch. If that's the case, Pax and Tanaka are as good a 3-4 as you can ask for.

No different than with Arod imo (2009 being the one exception). The guy put up stellar numbers during the regular season every year but was awful in October.