Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 272 of 358 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 5360
    A bit late fireman. Check the OT thread.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    A bit late fireman. Check the OT thread.
    No! Off topic isn't supposed to be baseball related! [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    No! Off topic isn't supposed to be baseball related! [emoji14]

Sorry, this is the YANKEE forum! Anything related to Boston Red Sux is off topic.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Sorry, this is the YANKEE forum! Anything related to Boston Red Sux is off topic.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!
    Yankees were eliminated by red Sox in 18 and Astros in 17/19 and both teams were cheating. So I'd say it's related to Yankees.

That's my story and although I'm sticking to it, a hoe on a boat could persuade me.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Interesting article about Lasanga, his new role as a reliever, how his stuff stacks up against Betances ect
    https://www.pinstripealley.com/2020/...ellin-betances

Great article projecting Torres offensive numbers by fangraphs and MLB.com. They see something in his anals that make them believe last yrs power output is just beginning to scratch his offensive potential.

If he comes anywhere close to putting up the numbers they are projecting he'll be a perennial MVP candidate and on the short list for the best player in baseball. If he comes anywhere close to putting up the projected numbers he'll be the best hitting SS since Arod. Definitely worth a look https://www.nj.com/yankees/2020/01/p...idiculous.html

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    I agree with one thing, Boone should have a quicker hook in the playoffs. Joe Torre made a lot of decisions I didn't agree with (like infield in game 7 with Luis Gonzales at bat), but one thing he did right in the playoffs was to go with the hot hand and bench the guy who's lost at the plate.
    Torre was Great through 2000. But Luck ran out and made a ton of bad moves:

1. 2001 - Was infield alignment
    2. 2002 - Traded a talented Lefty in Ted Lilly for a stiff in Jeff Weaver. This trade would haunt us badly in 2003 and 2004.
    3. 2003 - Ted Lilly a left handed pitcher would go 12-10 with a modest 4.34 ERA, Jeff Weaver would go 7-9 with a 5.99 ERA. Weaver lose Game 4 of the World Series in the 12th where the Yankees should have been up 3-1. In 2003 playoffs Ted Lilly threw 9 scoreless innings against Boston
    4. 2004- Weaver would be gone and we would then trade for Kevin Brown. Brown would be horrible. Lilly would go 12-10 with a 4.04 ERA (which back then was good) for a bad Blue Jays team. Lilly would be an Allstar. Kevin Brown would give up 9 runs in 3.1 innings against Boston. Despite how bad Brown was, we still should have won that series. Torre made two huge mistakes. In on of the two games in Boston, when Mariano was in there...Francona pinch ran Dave Roberts...Every human being on the planet knew Roberts was going and probably on the first pitch. On Pitch out and that series was over. Instead we lose that game. Game 5- With a fairly fast base runner in Sheffield, Boston had Wakefield out there with Varitek catching him. Varitek could barely catch the ball. Yet Torre has Sheffield take a ***** on first base. Sheffield could have walked to second and would have scored that inning had he stolen a base. Game 6 Torre pitched John Lieber, Game 7 Kevin Brown. Lieber pitched admirably. Kevin Brown lost the game in the first inning. Also that year Torre blew up the bullpen. Tom Gordan, Paul Quantril and Tanyon Sturtz combined had over 270 innings and had nothing left in the playoffs. Torre for some ung-dly reason would fall in love with Felix Herdia because he was left handed.

5. 2005- Started a string of three straight playoff appearances where it was once and done. In those years Torre had only Gordan and Rivera as the rest of the bullpen arms were shot. If not for Aaron Small and Shawn Chacon the Yankees probably don't win the division...not that it mattered

6. 2006 - the team forgot how to play defense and would lose game 2 and 3. We would force a game 5, and have Randy Johnson Pitch better than he ever had. Unfortunely Torre waited to long and had Mussina give up 5 runs in two innings.

7. 2007 - The Midges. Not pulling the team off the field that game was pretty much the end of Torre. Had he pulled the team off the field Yankees win Game 2 and likely advance against Boston. Instead we Let Boston win its second World Series.

https://twitter.com/BarstoolHubbs/st...365023744?s=19

Andujar looks like he completed the Aaron Hicks weightlifting program this offseason.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobshirleyrules View Post
    Torre was Great through 2000. But Luck ran out and made a ton of bad moves:

1. 2001 - Was infield alignment
    2. 2002 - Traded a talented Lefty in Ted Lilly for a stiff in Jeff Weaver. This trade would haunt us badly in 2003 and 2004.
    3. 2003 - Ted Lilly a left handed pitcher would go 12-10 with a modest 4.34 ERA, Jeff Weaver would go 7-9 with a 5.99 ERA. Weaver lose Game 4 of the World Series in the 12th where the Yankees should have been up 3-1. In 2003 playoffs Ted Lilly threw 9 scoreless innings against Boston
    4. 2004- Weaver would be gone and we would then trade for Kevin Brown. Brown would be horrible. Lilly would go 12-10 with a 4.04 ERA (which back then was good) for a bad Blue Jays team. Lilly would be an Allstar. Kevin Brown would give up 9 runs in 3.1 innings against Boston. Despite how bad Brown was, we still should have won that series. Torre made two huge mistakes. In on of the two games in Boston, when Mariano was in there...Francona pinch ran Dave Roberts...Every human being on the planet knew Roberts was going and probably on the first pitch. On Pitch out and that series was over. Instead we lose that game. Game 5- With a fairly fast base runner in Sheffield, Boston had Wakefield out there with Varitek catching him. Varitek could barely catch the ball. Yet Torre has Sheffield take a ***** on first base. Sheffield could have walked to second and would have scored that inning had he stolen a base. Game 6 Torre pitched John Lieber, Game 7 Kevin Brown. Lieber pitched admirably. Kevin Brown lost the game in the first inning. Also that year Torre blew up the bullpen. Tom Gordan, Paul Quantril and Tanyon Sturtz combined had over 270 innings and had nothing left in the playoffs. Torre for some ung-dly reason would fall in love with Felix Herdia because he was left handed.

5. 2005- Started a string of three straight playoff appearances where it was once and done. In those years Torre had only Gordan and Rivera as the rest of the bullpen arms were shot. If not for Aaron Small and Shawn Chacon the Yankees probably don't win the division...not that it mattered

6. 2006 - the team forgot how to play defense and would lose game 2 and 3. We would force a game 5, and have Randy Johnson Pitch better than he ever had. Unfortunely Torre waited to long and had Mussina give up 5 runs in two innings.

7. 2007 - The Midges. Not pulling the team off the field that game was pretty much the end of Torre. Had he pulled the team off the field Yankees win Game 2 and likely advance against Boston. Instead we Let Boston win its second World Series.

I will add,
    2004- Not ****ing bunting multiple times to make bloody sock run around the field.

**** off. Where's my title

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Great article projecting Torres offensive numbers by fangraphs and MLB.com. They see something in his anals that make them believe last yrs power output is just beginning to scratch his offensive potential.

If he comes anywhere close to putting up the numbers they are projecting he'll be a perennial MVP candidate and on the short list for the best player in baseball. If he comes anywhere close to putting up the projected numbers he'll be the best hitting SS since Arod. Definitely worth a look https://www.nj.com/yankees/2020/01/p...idiculous.html
    I was thinking about this while chopping down a tree, yesterday.
    I will bet in the years to come, a new stat comes into play and "launch angle" becomes obsolete. It will be "Top hand Spin rate" (or something like that) These things all cycle and I can see guys going back to hitting down on the ball to create the spin that makes line drives take off. Instead of lifting the ball, things will return to the top hand, philosophy.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Sanchez did bounce back last yr and was an ALL Star in 19 again. He had a monster 1st half and was well on his way to an absolutely monster yr before he got hurt. Sanchez biggest problem is his numbers plummet when he tries to play hurt. After his 1st DL stint last yr he was hitting very well again until he got hurt again and was never right again the rest of the yr. He got hurt again in September and rushed back for the playoffs and that was a disaster..

He has an incredibly difficult staff to catch and honestly he's to big to catch 140 games a yr.

If the Yanks are going to maximize his bat they need to only let him catch about 100 games a yr and DH him the rest of the time till they can teach him to play 1st base 20 plus games a yr like alot of other catchers do.

Healthy like the end of 16, 17 and the 1st half of 19 proved he one of the most feared bats around
    What sense does it make to keep a catcher that can only catch 100 games? There's no guarantee he'll stay healthy even with those many games catched. The problem with Sanchez isn't that he wears down before the end of the season, but that he simply breaks down often, during parts of the season, sometimes very early on.

The yankees literally have 3 first baseman! We don't need a 4th! If Gary can't stay healthy as a catcher, then he needs to be traded for the sake of the team. If higgy or whomever has to play 62 games a year, he might as be the starting catcher. I'd rather have higgy and Clevinger then just sanchez.

Torres's most valuable stat is that he knows how to hit with runners in scoring position. Guys like Sanchez, Judge and Stanton are awful clutch hitters. We need more guys like Torres, Tauchman, Urshela and DJLM.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Torres's most valuable stat is that he knows how to hit with runners in scoring position. Guys like Sanchez, Judge and Stanton are awful clutch hitters. We need more guys like Torres, Tauchman, Urshela and DJLM.
    i would not lump judge in with stanton and sanchez judge is a very good clutch hitter..

gleyber has not even hit 280 his first 2 season in baseball.. he will never be a mvp candidate unless he hits for a higher average and produce over 100 rbi's...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    i would not lump judge in with stanton and sanchez judge is a very good clutch hitter..
    This. Judge hits less homeruns in the clutch but he hits more singles and doubles. That's because he knows not to swing for the fences under those circumstances.