Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 262 of 356 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 5330
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    ....and our third string catcher is now a starter? I have no love for Sanchez, but catching is a premium position. Who exactly would replace him?
    gary to me is much better than he has showed the last few years. higgy has not proved he is a major league catcher...and i don't believe if he caught everyday he is...

I wouldn't trade Gary for the simple reason of depth. Even if you love Higgy as a starter, you then have Kratz as your backup catcher. If Higgy gets hurt (which is common among catchers), there would be a significant downgrade to Kratz or whoever else they could scrounge up. I think they could get Clevinger without including Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Is one good year considered proven? Montgomery hasn't really pitched since 2017 and had a major arm surgery since then. Andujar has no position which really hurts him because that is how bad of a defender he is. Frazier is similar but you can hide him a bit more in the OF. Not saying I don't have hope for any of these guys, but these aren't the type of guys who land a young, controllable, cheap TORP.
    Montgomery actually showed improvement in the beginning of 2018 before going down with injury. There is no reason to think he wasn't going to keep doing what he did. German has always had the talent and finally got his opportunity last season. The stuff matches the results and thus there is no reason to think he won't continue to be a successful major league starter. Make no mistake, these guys are not the centerpiece of this deal. Andujar and Frazier are. Andujar can't play defense, yet teams still want him badly in trades. The man has tremendous trade value. He is the centerpiece. What has more value? A guy who has one year of success at the major league level with no record of failure? Or a guy who has no track record whatsoever in the majors? Personally, I'll take the guy with the track record any day. It would be one thing if Montgomery and German were crafty guys who get by on location and moxie. They are not. They are guys who have excellent stuff.

I am a huge fan of Deivi Garcia, but he has more red flags than any of the above players. He had a lot of trouble when he got to Triple-A with both control and getting hit around. Some of that can be attributed to the new ball and adjusting to a new level. Still, he has to prove he can handle Triple-A. Secondly, there are questions about his durability given his size. He is an excellent, top 100 prospect. He is not an elite prospect though. This is not Phil Hughes or Joba Chamberlain prior to their promotions here.

I'm not denying that the Yankees would need to add more to this trade package, even maybe some high end prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    I wouldn't trade Gary for the simple reason of depth. Even if you love Higgy as a starter, you then have Kratz as your backup catcher. If Higgy gets hurt (which is common among catchers), there would be a significant downgrade to Kratz or whoever else they could scrounge up. I think they could get Clevinger without including Gary.
    Exactly. Higgy has played a total of 56 ML games in three seasons! Even if he's capable as an ML starter, most catcher 120-30 games per season. Kratz is the backup?!
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Me, of course.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Yes. You are an excellent catcher.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Montgomery actually showed improvement in the beginning of 2018 before going down with injury. There is no reason to think he wasn't going to keep doing what he did. German has always had the talent and finally got his opportunity last season. The stuff matches the results and thus there is no reason to think he won't continue to be a successful major league starter. Make no mistake, these guys are not the centerpiece of this deal. Andujar and Frazier are. Andujar can't play defense, yet teams still want him badly in trades. The man has tremendous trade value. He is the centerpiece. What has more value? A guy who has one year of success at the major league level with no record of failure? Or a guy who has no track record whatsoever in the majors? Personally, I'll take the guy with the track record any day. It would be one thing if Montgomery and German were crafty guys who get by on location and moxie. They are not. They are guys who have excellent stuff.

I am a huge fan of Deivi Garcia, but he has more red flags than any of the above players. He had a lot of trouble when he got to Triple-A with both control and getting hit around. Some of that can be attributed to the new ball and adjusting to a new level. Still, he has to prove he can handle Triple-A. Secondly, there are questions about his durability given his size. He is an excellent, top 100 prospect. He is not an elite prospect though. This is not Phil Hughes or Joba Chamberlain prior to their promotions here.

I'm not denying that the Yankees would need to add more to this trade package, even maybe some high end prospects.
    One of the problems in all this is that these guys’ trade values are at their ebb low right now.

Sure, we all love Andujar because we saw him rise through the ranks and tear it up during his rookie season. However, the injury is the most recent point on his resume and teams will ise that as negotiating leverage at the very least.

Same can be said for Garcia, Florial, and German.

While not all injury related, each is a seriously compromised asset and therefore at a low point in trade value until they can revert to form and end that narrative.
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

Worth noting, some food for thought.

Joe Randazzo (Bronx Pinstripes crew)@deflategator

I’ve seen conversations that Sevy won’t become a true ace and that’s unfair.

It took Max Scherzer 800 IP to become Max Scherzer. In that time he had a 3.88 ERA & 3.72 FIP.

With the Yankees Sevy logged 530 IP. He has a 3.46 ERA & 3.35 FIP. Also his AVG Fastball velo is 97.4 😬
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Unavailable online huh?

What's unavailable? No clue what you're talking about.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

I see dead people.........

.......but they are all dressed in blue.

Swidt?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    What's unavailable? No clue what you're talking about.
    It’s cool. I’m not in a hurry.

Just get ‘em when they restock.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    I see dead people.........
    :

.......but they are all dressed in blue.

Swidt?

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    It’s cool. I’m not in a hurry.

Just get ‘em when they restock.
    You're talking in circles. Nothing to say that makes sense?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    You're talking in circles. Nothing to say that makes sense?
    Like your baseball ‘acumen.’

Read an article about Eric Thames from MIL as an option for us. I never considered him because I didn’t even realize he was left handed. But he’d be a nice bench bat for us. He can play 1B and COF so he addresses depth in a few spots.

It’d mean Ford starts in AAA but depth is never a bad thing.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Read an article about Eric Thames from MIL as an option for us. I never considered him because I didn’t even realize he was left handed. But he’d be a nice bench bat for us. He can play 1B and COF so he addresses depth in a few spots.

It’d mean Ford starts in AAA but depth is never a bad thing.
    Yes! One of the biggest juicers around. Bring it!