Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 258 of 358 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 5364
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    In regards to the bullpen, signing Cole is going to help us in a few round-about ways:

1) On paper he should give us an extra couple of innings vs what we got from our starters last year. That’s going to save one or two middle relievers from needing to be used in those games. That’s going to keep guys fresher and give opponents less chance to see them in a short series.

2) Unlike last year we should have starters who can move to the pen. German is our 5th starter right now which means he’d be in the pen for the playoffs and it’s not hard to see him being a weapon there. Garcia probably gets called up and he has the stuff to be a weapon in the pen as well.

I’d like another reliever but with a true ace and a deeper rotation I feel ok about how it will be come playoff time.
    YES! One would hope.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees90. View Post
    Hey Sauron, in regards to your reply, I just wanted to say fair points, but also understand that if we put every GM under a microscope like you have, we could find quite a few F ups a long the way. Also a couple of those prospects you mentioned either haven't played yet (deivi, florial) or were considered by many to be as close to "can't miss" as you could get. Or at least we thought, because I know I was on that wagon that said "no to the killer b's and montero.......lol. Yeah, hindsight maybe we should have pulled the trigger on a few of those deals but that would be unfair, but if we're going to look at recent activity, I gotta give the guy a ton of credit.

Also, we've been setting MLB records for players sent to the DL, and yet we managed 103 wins and lost out in the ALCS to a cheating Astros team. I think that's a pretty good testament to how deep our system really is. Which was not the case for quite some time in Yankee land
    Fair and excellent points.

Cashman has had a VERY good three years which has seriously put some balance onto Brian’s resume.

Thing is, if this Cole scenario laid out by Day’s source is, in fact, true, it just shows, to my mind, the same pattern-set incompetence we’ve all witnessed play out over and over and over and over again
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    I just re-read your posting that gets here... you can't even follow your own rules...

You give Brian Sabean credit for winning 3 times in 6 seasons.... (those 3 wins were over 5 years...)..
    If you do that... you also have to give Brian cashman credit for 98, 99 and 2000 for the exact same reason... There is no way, in 1 year any GM could build that winner... Brian Sabean walked into a great position.. when he come on he would have had to inherit a team and farm with the likes of Posey, Belt, Crawford, Sandoval, Linchcom, cain Baumgardner... can't give credit to him there.. no more than you can Brian Cashman for the first 3.. though reality.. you should... because as much as he inherited a great situation.. he also had the power to make it go pear shaped...

When are you simply going to say it right.. Sauron just don't like Brian Cashman.. for your reasons are horribly flawed, not well thought out.. and any fool can shoot holes in most of them.. except for 1.... that you don't like him personally... I'll grant you that one... because right or wrong.. that one don't matter.
    Wow.

Brian Sabean became general manager in 1997 and won for the first time in 2010. That’s 13 years by my math.

Brian Cashman came on in February 1998 RIGHT IN THEMIDST OF THE DYNASTY RUNS.

Evil...........do you not understand that Brian had not one iota of input as to the dynasty lineups which were already here by the work of the P-R-E-V-I-O-U-S executive administration.

Sabean required 13 years to construct his winning formula. There are no players 13 years into your tenure that you yourself are not responsible for.

Please..........for the sake of your employees.......outsource your payroll.

Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    your reasons are horribly flawed, not well thought out.. and any fool can shoot holes in most of them.
    You keep trying but cannot offer one single iota of evidence to contradict fact and history.

Not one.

I have provided countless lists and facts that you cannot even begin to hope to counterman, because, at the end of the day, history has recorded exactly one win in 21 years on the job for Brian Cashman, and no amount of acolyte narrative spin on your part can erase even one tiny bit of that ink.

But, then again, why am I surprised when the source material is a guy who claimed Pedro Martinez bombed in 2004 and was justification for the 'position' that aces don't make or break championship squads, all-the-while completely forgetting that a little known player named Curt Schilling actually threw a few innings for that team to reverse its curse.
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 12-27-2019 at 07:01 PM.
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

In response to all the responses, I see it this way:

1- Yes, Cole pushes every starter back making our rotation deeper.
    2- The flaw with the above statement is that Boone still only let Tank go 60 pitches, Pax 2 innings and Sevy has only gone 0,1,4 innings in each year of his spectacular career. Why does everyone think this will suddenly change?
    3- So, since we only have actual results to go by as truth, Cole will help us win one or maybe 2 games in a series if he goes 9!!!. We got stomped in ‘18 and didn’t come close in ‘19. Not sure one game matters. But it might.
    4- We effectively replace Hicks and Dizzle w Void and TalkMan. Is that a win? Would you make that trade?
    5- We lost Romine. When Gary goes down for a month, who exactly is playing? Higgy every day? Who backs him up?
    6- How about when Slappy gets hurt? Who exactly is playing?
    7- How about Gleyber gets hurt? Tell me that solution?

And the whole overused bullpen argument is funny....

Otto sucked beyond belief. He wasn’t overused. He was unusable!

Green wasn’t overused. He’s terrible. He gave up two three run bombs. What was his era all year? 5??? He stinks.

Chapstick pitched like 2+ innings and Britton pitched like 3+ the entire series!!!

Don’t be fooled by the one bright shiny toy....it’s awesome to unwrap and brag about but it might not matter very much.

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Whose at bats would he take away? You slide Torres over to second and DJ to first. Are you suggesting you’d rather have Voit over Lindor?

Also, you do know we signed Cole, right? How did Gardner keep us from signing him?
    Lindor had a wRC+ of 114 last season to Voit's 126, while he was playing injured. At best, we are talking about a push in terms of offense. You're just replacing Voits offense with Lindor's, plus, now you have to extend Lindor with a 300 million contract and lose half the farm in acquiring him. What possible sense does this make?

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Now THIS is the Webslinger we’ve all grown to know and love.

Was starting to think you had turned on me and jumped ship.
    I try to be fair, i criticized and complained for the longest time about Cashman, with good reason. He made lousy trade decisions, or no decisions. He invested in bad players over and over. For some reason no one at all except a select few actually recognized what i was seeing for so long. The good Cashman has done recently with the farm, with trades and with picking up guys from the scrap heap have given me pause to give him credit, whether justified or not. All these things happened under his watch, but along the way, i also noticed that he completely missed out on guys like Verlander, Morton, Corbin, who I'll admit, i didn't want for 6 years. Now there's rumors that he didn't want Cole either? It's time to reassess our favorite gm once more.

I have a hard time believing that Cashman didn't want Cole. I think the situation was that he got approval from ownership for 8 years and once the 9th year became what was necessary then ownership had to get involved to push it across the finish line. Just my opinion because it's just hearsay.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Lindor had a wRC+ of 114 last season to Voit's 126, while he was playing injured. At best, we are talking about a push in terms of offense. You're just replacing Voits offense with Lindor's, plus, now you have to extend Lindor with a 300 million contract and lose half the farm in acquiring him. What possible sense does this make?

I try to be fair, i criticized and complained for the longest time about Cashman, with good reason. He made lousy trade decisions, or no decisions. He invested in bad players over and over. For some reason no one at all except a select few actually recognized what i was seeing for so long. The good Cashman has done recently with the farm, with trades and with picking up guys from the scrap heap have given me pause to give him credit, whether justified or not. All these things happened under his watch, but along the way, i also noticed that he completely missed out on guys like Verlander, Morton, Corbin, who I'll admit, i didn't want for 6 years. Now there's rumors that he didn't want Cole either? It's time to reassess our favorite gm once more.
    lindor is so much better offensively then voit no matter whats stats you use..smh.. at some yankee fans...what they are thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    lindor is so much better offensively then voit no matter whats stats you use..smh.. at some yankee fans...what they are thinking...

The only thing

That Lindor has

That has been better than Luke on the offense side of the ball

Is batting average

Luke has a higher OBP(strikes out more but walks more)

I wish you'd stop posting nonsense. [emoji1782]

Last edited by RCSownsU; 12-27-2019 at 08:52 PM.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Also, losing Didi doesn't really bother me much because they're getting Andujars bat back and I think he's a better hitter than Didi is. Hopefully Voit is healthy and Stanton because that's three huge bats they're getting back.

DJ(OBP machine and high contact)
    Torres(excellent all around hitter)
    Judge(good hitter/power/high OBP)
    Andujar(good hitter/power)
    Stanton(high obp/power)
    Gardner(sees a lot of pitches/high OBP)
    Sanchez(power hitter)
    Voit(good all around hitter/high OBP/power)
    Sockman(wildcard)

Is a hell of a 1-9(not in an order persay)

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I have a hard time believing that Cashman didn't want Cole. I think the situation was that he got approval from ownership for 8 years and once the 9th year became what was necessary then ownership had to get involved to push it across the finish line. Just my opinion because it's just hearsay.

100%. He drafted him in the first round and pursued him thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    100%. He drafted him in the first round and pursued him thereafter.
    Bingo.

I can't believe the hate Voit gets here. Guys is legit, and his numbers are definitely comparable to Lindor, minus batting average and strikeouts. Voit is a huge part of our offense. Before he was hurt in London, his wrc was higher than Torres and DJ. Second half, he was obviously hurt. His fielding, well, it is what it is.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ninja1k View Post
    I can't believe the hate Voit gets here. Guys is legit, and his numbers are definitely comparable to Lindor, minus batting average and strikeouts. Voit is a huge part of our offense. Before he was hurt in London, his wrc was higher than Torres and DJ. Second half, he was obviously hurt. His fielding, well, it is what it is.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I agree that Voit is better than the credit he gets from this message board. that being said, I'm indifferent about trading him if it gets Austons something we need and opens up a space in the lineup for a lefty on a more regular basis or allows Andujar or Stanton to possibly play some 1B. Since Stanton isn't going anywhere and Judge, Sanchez and Torres appear to be building blocks, Voit is the one righty that has trade value that can be parted with, especially in a deal for Lindor or Rizzo, adding a star LH to the lineup. I'm also more than fine with keeping him and watching him rake.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Bingo.

Was his name-o

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Was his name-o
    No. You can't just quote me whenever you want. It's rude and if I had feelings it would hurt.