Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 256 of 358 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 5364
    Quote Originally Posted by NYYCowboys View Post
    The reason you can't understand is because you obviously don't understand how baseball works if you're making this statement. Gardner's WAR last year in his age 35 season would be the second best of Didi's entire career.

Then again I'm sure you'll say "nerdy stats" aren't what counts, and ruining the game yada yada yada... the same as every other dummy who says Gardner stinkzzzz.
    First time poster here swinging for the fences.

Respect.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

The reason you can't understand is because you obviously don't understand how baseball works if you're making this statement. Gardner's WAR last year in his age 35 season would be the second best of Didi's entire career.

Then again I'm sure you'll say "nerdy stats" aren't what counts, and ruining the game yada yada yada... the same as every other dummy who says Gardner stinkzzzz.
    ‘How baseball works.....’

That’s cute.

Should I hang that on my fridge?
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Pretty much.
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    I’m actually not sure what else they can do.

Every position is set. Budget blown out.

Lineup isn’t good enough nor is bullpen.

Still the favorite? Yep.

Beat Houston? Not exactly sure how we are better unless they get decimated by penalties.

Yeah, the lineup that lead MLB in runs scored isn't good enough. Funny stuff.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

Gardner since 2015

Didi
    .9 (Not fair assessment because he was not here much of the year and was nowhere near normal)

I like Gardner. But for 1.5 mil more, I would rather have a lefty hitting SS who is still in his prime for a couple more years.
    Their WAR is not that glaringly different since Didi has been here.

Stats aren't ruining the game. People relying on them as the sole basis for an argument or an in game decision, are.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    I wanted Treinen BEFORE we lost Felicia to the Mutts.

Thought then we were low on depth but now it is really problematic.

Didn’t want to lose EE for the same reason but could understand the need to cost cut.

What I can’t understand is why we couldn’t pay 1.5 more for a far better player in Gregorious than for a 37 year old never-was in Brett Gardner.
    Are you talking about the "never was" that hit 28 home runs last season? You're lost in your own little world.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

I'd prefer Didi over Gardy as well, but I don't think it's as simple as that. Sign him instead of Gardy, you still need outfield help. Unless you want to run with Sockman and Frazier backing up all 3, which I don't.

Didi is definitely the better player, but our situation dictates things a little differently for us.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The problem i see with the Gardy deal is they are paying him for his past performance not his future value. Yes he had a fantastic yr but to bet on a 37yr old to have 2 career in a row, not what i would have done.

Didi was a incredibly valuable clubhouse presence/ leader and a quality LHed bat.

If im buying on what i expect them to do next yr it Didi and its not particularly close.

Yes i realize the difference in their positions, IMO Didi helps us win more next yr than Gardy

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja1k View Post
    I'd prefer Didi over Gardy as well, but I don't think it's as simple as that. Sign him instead of Gardy, you still need outfield help. Unless you want to run with Sockman and Frazier backing up all 3, which I don't.

Didi is definitely the better player, but our situation dictates things a little differently for us.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    If we signed Did, our OF would be Judge-Sockman-Frazier/Stanton You could bring back Maybin or try and find another lefty OF in FA.

What I don't get, is why not bring back both? Unless you plan to make a move for another IF or have one in the pipeline, keep Didi for a 2-3 year deal.

I think Wade could still be the everyday 2nd baseman and have DJ play first.
    He will be an old school second, great D, great speed, below average offense. My hope would be that in time, he could become a 270 hitter who could move runners, steal bases and take his walks.
    Andujar can DH, fill in at 3rd and 1rst.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    If we signed Did, our OF would be Judge-Sockman-Frazier/Stanton You could bring back Maybin or try and find another lefty OF in FA.

What I don't get, is why not bring back both? Unless you plan to make a move for another IF or have one in the pipeline, keep Didi for a 2-3 year deal.

I think Wade could still be the everyday 2nd baseman and have DJ play first.
    He will be an old school second, great D, great speed, below average offense. My hope would be that in time, he could become a 270 hitter who could move runners, steal bases and take his walks.
    Andujar can DH, fill in at 3rd and 1rst.
    didi would have cost the yanks 15 million..they have gleyber a natural ss and d.j will play his best position 2b now..

In a vacuum I'd take Didi over Gardner. But Didi was a luxury while Gardner was pretty much a necessity this offseason. They needed an every day CFer who can play some defense and provide some hitting. Gardner is coming off an excellent year, is lefty, and with lack of better FA options out there...he was basically the only option.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    In a vacuum I'd take Didi over Gardner. But Didi was a luxury while Gardner was pretty much a necessity this offseason. They needed an every day CFer who can play some defense and provide some hitting. Gardner is coming off an excellent year, is lefty, and with lack of better FA options out there...he was basically the only option.
    yanks put a lot of value in gardner defense,, who knows how long hicks will be out and while tauchman can play center and left.. the yanks are probably not convinced yet what he did last year is legit....

Did TheWalkingMazda just try to tell me that regular season runs scored predicts success in the postseason? Wow.

His tube TV w rabbit ears must not have gotten a signal the last three Octobers.

I still really want Brock Holt. He’d be a real nice fit here. He’s basically what everyone hopes Wade can be. It’s no secret that our lineup is righty heavy:

C Sanchez (R)
    1B Voit (R)
    2B DJ (R)
    3B Gio (R)
    SS Torres (R)
    LF Stanton (R)
    CF Gardner (L)
    RF Judge (R)
    Andujar (R)

We can mitigate that though with a strong bench of lefty hitters. We already have Tauchman and Ford. Holt is a proven hitter that could be trusted to start 100 games, unlike Wade.

Holt shouldn’t cost much and while I know some people still hold out hope for Wade, it’s not like he’d be banished. He’d be one of the top guys in AAA who’d be up with any IF injury.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)