Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 218 of 310 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 4644
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Bingo. I for one would not trade Paxton for Madbum even up. I also propose that we sign Paxton long-term and I do predict that he will have a very good season.
    Paxton will be 31 this year. So any extension would be for age 32 on. How deep into his 30s do you want to sign someone who’s career high is 160 innings?

I’d actually argue that the better Paxton is the least likely it is I’d want him back. If he continues to be good not great and gets like a 3-4 year deal through age 35/36 then maybe. But if he’s great, as the top pitcher on the market, some team probably gambles and gives him 5 or 6 and I wouldn’t feel great about that

That’s a big consideration for me.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

That fool Rosenberg on the Mike Kay Show said Paxton and Stroman is a wash.

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Didi's a combination player that we will miss and is far superior defensively to Andujar. Torees is an apples-to-oranges because his ceiling is just so absolutely astounding and cost-controlled.
    So can I assume you are confident and comfortable with Torres moving to SS and DJ to 2B? Imo Andujars glove really doesn't fit in any equation.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

This new 3 batter rule is just terrible. Completely can wreck a game, which isn’t fair to anyone.

Sports need to quit changing things. Ruining each sport.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    So can I assume you are confident and comfortable with Torres moving to SS and DJ to 2B? Imo Andujars glove really doesn't fit in any equation.
    IB? LF? DH platoon?

Bat is too special to just outright dismiss
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Paxton will be 31 this year. So any extension would be for age 32 on. How deep into his 30s do you want to sign someone who’s career high is 160 innings?

I’d actually argue that the better Paxton is the least likely it is I’d want him back. If he continues to be good not great and gets like a 3-4 year deal through age 35/36 then maybe. But if he’s great, as the top pitcher on the market, some team probably gambles and gives him 5 or 6 and I wouldn’t feel great about that

That’s a big consideration for me.
    We completely disagree and that's OK. However, I said that I would sign Paxton now to an extension, not wait until next year once he's a free agent.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    This new 3 batter rule is just terrible. Completely can wreck a game, which isn’t fair to anyone.

Sports need to quit changing things. Ruining each sport.
    100% Spot On. I would go so far as to call this one of the most idiotic rules in the history of sports and it makes me feel that the person making the decision has the teeniest of mental capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    IB? LF? DH platoon?

Bat is too special to just outright dismiss
    I agree. Would be great if he could learn to play 1B. Rumor has it he was practicing on his own. I was just a bit confused by early statement where you juxtaposed Didi and Andujar defensively. In my mind the comparison was Didi to Torres defensively.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

100% Spot On. I would go so far as to call this one of the most idiotic rules in the history of sports and it makes me feel that the person making the decision has the teeniest of mental capacity.
    It’s really true. Just a terrible rule. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s deleted.

I also would give Pax a 3 year extension right now. I would not even entertain him in FA. Offer the QO to get our draft pick back since we lost one this year. I’d offer Tank the QO too.

We completely disagree and that's OK. However, I said that I would sign Paxton now to an extension, not wait until next year once he's a free agent.
    How many years would your extension be? Forget his last year or arbitration and sign him to a new 3 year deal that runs through age 33? Sure. A 4 year deal that runs through 34? Sure. 5 years that runs through 35? Eh. 6 years that goes through 36? I’ll pass.

As the top FA pitcher next year he stands to be able to push for a 5 year guarantee I think. So that would mean on an extension he’d want 6 years. It’ll be hard to get him for less than that, especially since he stands to make $12.9M this year. So already a good sum of money. If you bumped him up to $20M for example that wouldn’t be enough to make him give up a year.

I just don’t foresee a scenario where Paxton is signed beyond this year.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    It’s really true. Just a terrible rule. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s deleted.

I also would give Pax a 3 year extension right now. I would not even entertain him in FA. Offer the QO to get our draft pick back since we lost one this year. I’d offer Tank the QO too.
    Definitely offer them both QOs. Paxton is sure to decline. I’d be totally fine if Tanaka accepted. 1 year for him is good to plug a rotation spot.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Definitely offer them both QOs. Paxton is sure to decline. I’d be totally fine if Tanaka accepted. 1 year for him is good to plug a rotation spot.
    Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    a lot can happen in 6 months like the yanks signing cole.. or paxton winning his last 10 decisions,, and the fact madbum is on the decline...
    You fought with me and others tooth and nail saying how good he was and how he was not in a decline.

Now you're saying you don't want him and he is in a decline.

You can't stick to a story.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I agree. Would be great if he could learn to play 1B. Rumor has it he was practicing on his own. I was just a bit confused by early statement where you juxtaposed Didi and Andujar defensively. In my mind the comparison was Didi to Torres defensively.
    Don’t think his glove is awful. It’s the bad throwing position/mechanics, and poor range that are more the problem. I think if he could play a few games at 1B a week, and a few at DH, we would be fine, and he would get a decent amount of ABs.

Kills me to think we are trading a bat like that for a reliever

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    You fought with me and others tooth and nail saying how good he was and how he was not in a decline.

Now you're saying you don't want him and he is in a decline.

You can't stick to a story.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Was it also Johnny Drama who one day posted to pay Stocking any amount whatsoever then posted he wouldn’t go past a certain number for a pitcher?