Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 217 of 309 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 4630
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Most of these deals are not signed because it effects the 40 man roster and the team loses players in the Rule V Draft, so they wait to schedule the physical until the following week. Makes Smart Business Sense. in the meantime the team will push to trade players to clear up a roster spot not to have to put someone on waivers.
    Yes. Many teams are full. Brewers only have 32 guys in their 40. Kooky.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Yes. Many teams are full. Brewers only have 32 guys in their 40. Kooky.
    Yes, brewers lost a bunch of free agents and now need to add MLB talent or worthy 40 man roster players. Makes a multiple Yankees for Josh Hader trade a perfect fit.

This is based on nothing but watching his delivery and hearing the rumors about how heís reacted emotionally to certain pressures - and Iím 10000% sure the Yankees are way better judges of this and do their own research - but Hader just seems like someone whoís going to break be it physically or emotionally at some point.

Seriously, Iíd rather just resign Dellin to a restart contract and let Blake work with Lasanga who pumps absolute filth. Weíre going to have a ton of depth.

Also worth noting weíll likely see Deivi, Sikkema, Nelson, Albert and King barring injury or crazy regression. Heck, we could even see Schmidt.

I really donít want to touch this team/deplete our reserves unless itís a clear upgrade and not in the form of an opulent luxury, preferably a switch or left-handed bat.

Cashman is probably going to make Cashman trades in the next two and a half months and I encourage that but right now I just want to resign Dellin and sign Cervelli to a minor league deal. Iím perfectly okay with rolling into camp with that unless a great deal comes along.

Interesting idea...

Sign Bumgarner, trade Paxton. Itís expected that Paxton will be the top FA pitcher next year. Yankees might not be interested in signing him to a big deal. Heís pitching his age 31 season this year so youíd be signing him for age 32 and on. MadBum is going into his age 30 season, for comparison.

Bumgarner would be an upgrade over Paxton AND you would end up adding prospects. Paxton is projected $12.9M in arbitration for next year. MadBum was rumored to want 5 years, $100M. But letís say that falls a bit. Might end up only being a small payroll increase with net prospect gain that you can flip for help elsewhere.

You also lock in some stability to the rotation. Instead of Paxton for one year then facing a big FA bidding war, you have the younger MadBum locked in. It allows you more flexibility in developing your young starters without as much need or pressure.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Interesting idea...

Sign Bumgarner, trade Paxton. Itís expected that Paxton will be the top FA pitcher next year. Yankees might not be interested in signing him to a big deal. Heís pitching his age 31 season this year so youíd be signing him for age 32 and on. MadBum is going into his age 30 season, for comparison.

Bumgarner would be an upgrade over Paxton AND you would end up adding prospects. Paxton is projected $12.9M in arbitration for next year. MadBum was rumored to want 5 years, $100M. But letís say that falls a bit. Might end up only being a small payroll increase with net prospect gain that you can flip for help elsewhere.

You also lock in some stability to the rotation. Instead of Paxton for one year then facing a big FA bidding war, you have the younger MadBum locked in. It allows you more flexibility in developing your young starters without as much need or pressure.
    MadBum also has over 2000 innings on that arm when you include postseason play. Thatís way too much mileage for a 5/100 commitment, specifically with the position weíre in payroll and rotation wise . Paxton has something like 750 innings and showed he can reach back and just let it fly when he needs to in his last start against the Astros.

Think of it like you would a car.
    Last edited by DasBoot; 12-13-2019 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Latest Yankees rumors:

YES Network: Josh Hader would be a nice addition to the Yankees bullpen, says @JackCurryYES

MLB Network: The #Yankees are reportedly pursuing #Brewers reliever Josh Hader. @Ken_Rosenthal

Dan Federico: Heard from a source earlier that the Mets are pushing hard for a one year contract with Dellin Betances. Yankees still have interest. @ByKristieAckert says itís unlikely he returns to the Bronx

The Official Simonetti Source: The #Yankees have kept engaged with representatives for Madison #Bumgarner even after the #Cole signing. Twitter.
    That Simonetti guy has the same sources you and I have lol

Boone walking out to the mound and Pax saying ďNo. Lets go. Letís ********king go.Ē

Iím not trading Pax right now. Guy is primed for a cy young run

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Interesting idea...

bumgarner is on the decline i would not trade paxton for him... paxton to me is a better pitcher who is not on the decline..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    bumgarner is on the decline i would not trade paxton for him... paxton to me is a better pitcher who is not on the decline..
    You wanted to trade for madbum. You were all over him during this season when trade rumors were swirling.

Now you want nothing to do with him?

Got it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    You wanted to trade for madbum. You were all over him during this season when trade rumors were swirling.

Got it.

The characters we have here are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    The characters we have here are awesome.
    We are a wild bunch.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post

Got it.

a lot can happen in 6 months like the yanks signing cole.. or paxton winning his last 10 decisions,, and the fact madbum is on the decline...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    a lot can happen in 6 months like the yanks signing cole.. or paxton winning his last 10 decisions,, and the fact madbum is on the decline...
    Bingo. I for one would not trade Paxton for Madbum even up. I also propose that we sign Paxton long-term and I do predict that he will have a very good season.

Iím a Paxton fan but I still prefer MadBum. He had a few ďfreak accidentsĒ like a motorcycle crash in 2017/18 so innings were down. Otherwise, heís a lock for 200 innings. Paxton even as great as he ended last year only had 150 over a full year. And that almost matched his career high.

MadBumís velocity was still good too, his stuff didnít look declined. Heís going to get a 4-5 year deal for his age 30-33 or 34 seasons. Paxton will pitch his age 31 season this year then hit FA as the top pitcher. Iím anticipating a desperate team offering more than Iíd feel comfortable matching.

If you look at our rotation, beyond this year, we have Cole, Severino and.... thatís it. No other proven options. So to me itíd be a great series of moves. You sign MadBum to upgrade Paxton now and lock in some stability in the rotation. You also add extra prospects that you can then flip into Hader, Rizzo, someone else.

Obviously it depends on some factors like the final deal for MadBum, what you could get for Paxton and what you could in turn get with those prospects. But letís say maybe the main prospect you get for Paxton could be packaged with Frazier and Garcia for Hader. And then you replace Paxton with MadBum. Overall, I think youre looking at that being the best combination of resources.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)