Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 211 of 314 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 4699
    The only one of consequence that we lost was Rony Garcia. That was disappointing though as he is primed for a breakout IMO.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    Yeah, players want it and I’m sure a chunk of owners do too. The cap, because that’s essentially what it is, is stupid. Teams like the Indians & Astros shouldn’t be looking to trade Lindor and Correa; and the damn sure Red Sox shouldn’t have to explore trading Mookie.
    While I agree the luxury tax acts as a defacto cap, imo isn't what is responsible for teams shedding payroll, at least not directly. Escalating salaries and an equitable distribution of revenue has put pressure on all MLB franchises. Hard for an owner to cry poverty with record revenue and MLB national TV deal kicking in millions to the corporate coffers. This in addition to local TV deals and RSN's. Imo it's simply greed. Some owners put profit over product and performance. Winning is secondary. Small market / lower revenue teams enjoy MLB welfare via revenue sharing as an additional bonus in an attempt to level the playing field.

I support players trying to get their slice of the $11B+ pie. Yes the salaries are absurd. (10K per pitch for Cole!!!) But they are the best at what they do and frankly without the very best what product would MLB have?
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Sports Info Solutions@SportsInfo_SIS*
    43s
    Brett Gardner's re-signing with the Yankees continues a run by one of the top defensive players since we began tracking Defensive Runs Saved in 2003.

His 138 Runs Saved in that time rank 6th overall and 2nd among outfielders to Jason Heyward's 143

*Formerly Baseball Info Solutions, provide data and analytics to MLB & NFL teams.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

So, Mike ford. Guys jacked.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    In the MLB round, Detroit selected RHP Rony Garcia.
    In the Triple-A phase, Toronto selected RHP Hobie Harris, Chicago-AL selected RHP Will Carter, Boston selected RHP Raynel Espinal, Atlanta selected INF Wendell Rijo.
    “I never heard of half these guys and the ones I do know are way past their prime”

“Most of these guys never had a prime”

“This guy here is Dead!”

“Well, cross him off then”

🌮

Quote Originally Posted by OliveTacosSI View Post
    “I never heard of half these guys and the ones I do know are way past their prime”

“Most of these guys never had a prime”

“This guy here is Dead!”

“Well, cross him off then”

🌮
    You may run like Mays, but you hit like....

Rumor mill suggesting things are heating up with Hader.

What will he cost us prospect wise. I have no idea

Three year verifiable work history with really good #s. Strike out rates have gone up the last three years, walks down. HR/9 and HR/FB rate are concerns though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OliveTacosSI View Post
    What will he cost us prospect wise. I have no idea
    Well they need pitching, catcher and a 3B. Some package including Andujar, maybe Frazier and some minor arms might work. I imagine they be looking for cost control, BUT also major league ready.

I’d have to assume it’s more of a “ let’s see if someone blows us away with an offer” than actually wanting to deal him.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Who's rod?
    Or what rod?

Oh That rod. Arod!!

**** off. Where's my title

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Well they need pitching, catcher and a 3B. Some package including Andujar, maybe Frazier and some minor arms might work. I imagine they be looking for cost control, BUT also major league ready.
    I think it would be foolish to give up Andujar or Frazier for Hader. He's only got 1 year left and he is not a need. If you are moving either of those guys, it needs t be for someone like Lindor/Rizzo.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think it would be foolish to give up Andujar or Frazier for Hader. He's only got 1 year left and he is not a need. If you are moving either of those guys, it needs t be for someone like Lindor/Rizzo.
    Hader is signed thru 2024. If you mean he only has 1 year of him being elite then that's a maybe, he is only 25 years old so you never know. He does have a pretty violent mechanic and relies a lot on his electric fastball.

But I wouldn't give up Andujar for him, Frazier and 2 minor prospects should do it. He is a reliever afterall.