Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 332 of 358 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 5366
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I don't think the bullpen game was the only issue at hand. It was the fact that Yankees got no length from their starters and the bullpen was over used and the Astros got multiple looks at all the relievers and were able to square up on the over used arms.

I'm not saying hitting doesn't matter but I really think you're under estimating how much the lack of length from the starters hurt. Boone didn't help pulling guys early either.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Yes. To me, thatís all on Boone. Which guy that he pulled needed to come out? None really.

The pitching was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    This trade is a damned joke unless Betts leaves via free agency after this season
    well the sox were not willing to meet betts 35 million dollars season salary demands neither will the dodgers..

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Did the Astros do a bullpen game? Yes, They did too. No issues.
    Yeah in game 4 after they were up 3-1 on the series so game 4 wasnít a must win and their bullpen wasnít gassed . Game 6 was an elimination game for the yanks and they relied on a gassed bullpen to stave off elimination . If you canít see that as a problem on the pitching then you are just blind .

Yeah in game 4 after they were up 3-1 on the series so game 4 wasnít a must win and their bullpen wasnít gassed . Game 6 was an elimination game for the yanks and they relied on a gassed bullpen to stave off elimination . If you canít see that as a problem on the pitching then you are just blind .
    How would you know if they were gassed when you watched zero games?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Support Every President & The Country!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Doh!

Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 02-05-2020 at 01:28 PM.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

How would you know if they were gassed when you watched zero games?
    Just by looking at the score boards from the first 5 games of that series tells you that the bullpen was gassed going into game 6 . Btw the Astros did their bullpen ga me so that they would have cole starting a potential game 7 At home on regular rest . The Yankees had their bullpen game in game 6 because they had no choice since happ wasnít an option .

Yes. To me, thatís all on Boone. Which guy that he pulled needed to come out? None really.

The pitching was fine.
    We can agree to disagree. IMO, Pitching wasn't good enough. They didn't go deep enough(heh) and the bullpen was blown(heh)

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Just by looking at the score boards from the first 5 games of that series tells you that the bullpen was gassed going into game 6 . Btw the Astros did their bullpen ga me so that they would have cole starting a potential game 7 At home on regular rest . The Yankees had their bullpen game in game 6 because they had no choice since happ wasnít an option .
    I just find it odd that you are claiming authority in the subject but never watch a game. Itís odd.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    We can agree to disagree. IMO, Pitching wasn't good enough. They didn't go deep enough(heh) and the bullpen was blown(heh)

;beavisgif:
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Beaver Gif?

Dam. I disagree too. Can I have my beavers gif now?

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Yanks pitching gave up the following amount of runs per game in the playoffs....

Pitching wasnít the problem in the least. Hitting was.
    Actually.... the case could be made either way...

A little better pitching in game 2 and game 6... and the offense we did get would have won the day... same can be said that 1 more hit in either could have also one the day...

Now looking at the lineup... which was easier to improve? Well, just getting Stanton and Andujar healthy will improve our hitting (and Hicks later in the year), and getting German back from suspension and Sevy back for the year would improve the pitching... but There wasn't really anyone on the UFA market that would improve our hitting (Without subtracting a good piece at the same time)... At first we would have liked to.. but there wasn't any 1st basemen that really improved us... Rendon was nice at 3rd... but we already have Urshela and Andujar who can play there...

But pitching... Cole is a clear improvement over Happ... so if the playoffs started today:

Cole, Tanaka, Paxton, Sevy, German

German was our best last year... unavailable for playoffs... that's a pretty good top 5 with Monty and Happ begging for scraps...

No... the improvement on both is there... but hitting was more difficult to improve over pitching... so pitching won.

Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    Actually.... the case could be made either way...

A little better pitching in game 2 and game 6... and the offense we did get would have won the day... same can be said that 1 more hit in either could have also one the day...

Now looking at the lineup... which was easier to improve? Well, just getting Stanton and Andujar healthy will improve our hitting (and Hicks later in the year), and getting German back from suspension and Sevy back for the year would improve the pitching... but There wasn't really anyone on the UFA market that would improve our hitting (Without subtracting a good piece at the same time)... At first we would have liked to.. but there wasn't any 1st basemen that really improved us... Rendon was nice at 3rd... but we already have Urshela and Andujar who can play there...

But pitching... Cole is a clear improvement over Happ... so if the playoffs started today:

Cole, Tanaka, Paxton, Sevy, German

German was our best last year... unavailable for playoffs... that's a pretty good top 5 with Monty and Happ begging for scraps...

No... the improvement on both is there... but hitting was more difficult to improve over pitching... so pitching won.

Well the nats proved that getting a tor starter makes a bigger difference to the team than one hitter . Remember they never replaced Harper but instead picked up Corbin .

What would be funny is if the Dodgers didn't make the WS and Betts signed in NY.

Well the nats proved that getting a tor starter makes a bigger difference to the team than one hitter . Remember they never replaced Harper but instead picked up Corbin .
    rendon was a much better player and more clutch then harper..