Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 313 of 358 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 5366
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Well that is why I said Cole was more important than the combo of Didi, romine and Betances . And why I said that Cole was the only real need they had coming into this off season
    I was agreeing, elaborating a bit.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

It’s really a $324 million bet on one or two starts a year. We have zero need for him in the regular season.

Insanity....but it ain’t my loot!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Support Every President & The Country!

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Is Cole more important than the combo of Didi, Dellin and Romine and not addressing the lineup flaws? On the surface, of course he seems the most important.

In reality, not sure.
    Yes
    Want to be technical last year dellin was a non factor. Didi missed half a year and wasnt great when he did play. Romine was our backup catcher who'd value can be replaced. So yeah gerrit cole himself is more important than those 3 guys combined.

Let's go 2020
    Last edited by Rush; 01-26-2020 at 10:09 PM. Reason: THERE IS NO NEED TO TAKE PERSONAL SHOTS. PLEASE DO NOT DO SO AGAIN.

Gerrit cole is almost exactly what the Yankees needed. Let's pretend otherwise cus this old dude wants to contradict mass opinion.

I wouldn’t say Leo knows nothing about baseball , I just think he over values Didi and Betances . Because I can see how losing romine could hurt the Yankees .

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD6 View Post
    Yes
    Want to be technical last year dellin was a non factor. Didi missed half a year and wasnt great when he did play. Romine was our backup catcher who'd value can be replaced. So yeah gerrit cole himself is more important than those 3 guys combined.

Let's go 2020
    Is Cole more important than not addressing the lineup and the loss of those 3?
    I don't think so. Cole absolutely gives us n Ace and makes the rotation better but pitching didn't lose the games.
    Crappy hitting did. Romine was excellent backup. How many backups hit 280 and play the D he plays? Very, very few. His output was better than most starters and with Sanchez's injury history and durability questions, having Romine was great.
    Didi played less than half a season but he's an excellent fielder and leader. He's also a lefty bat. He's hit over 20 hr every year except last and he hit 16 in the time he was here.
    I am guessing he has a solid year at the plate. A 260 avg, 310 OBP and over 20 hr while playing high level SS.

Dellin was a non factor last year.

We still have a lineup of guys who K way too much. We still have an all righty lineup.

We got Cole. He plays every 5 days. Is he worth a high level, every day SS, an excellent and reliable, backup catcher and a potentially high level BP arm? Maybe. It will depend how they play.
    Is he worth that plus the holes we didn't fill? I don't think so.

Will Cole get us into the WS? No. No one pitcher does that and our staff last year got us to the brink and I believe could do it again without Cole.
    Cole is awesome. If you gave me a choice for one player, it might have been lindor.
    Last edited by Rush; 01-26-2020 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Edited out personal shots in quoted post.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

It wasn’t the crappy hitting that cost the yanks in the alcs . It was the pitching and that was evident in that it gave up 20 runs in the 4 games they lost , including 17 of those 20 runs in games 3,4 and 6 . The bullpen was already showing signs of wear in game 4 . The two games the Yankees won the pitching allowed just 1 run combined .

I think it's hilarious that everyone is upset about not re-signing Romine and that he would help them get to the world series in 2020...

He didn't have one at bat the entire 2019 playoffs. How exactly is he going to help them get to the world series by playing 0 games. It's painfully obvious losing him will not affect their chances to win the world series in the least.

Dellin barely played in 2019.

Didi didn't play much and didn't do much when he did.

In terms of replacing 2019 production, the Yankees will not be losing anything by letting these guys go.

Arguing that Gerrit Cole is not going to increase their chances to get to the world series is ludicrous. He was the best pitcher in the league in 2019. Of course having that guy on your team increases your chances to win the world series. Everyone in the world believes it except Leo and Kinko. Vegas oddsmakers believe it, the rest of the league believes it, the Yankees front office believes it, and the beat writers all believe it. The two posters on this website who are perseverating on this topic are the only ones who believe this.
    Last edited by Phoba Rama; 01-26-2020 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Is Cole more important than not addressing the lineup and the loss of those 3?
    I don't think so. Cole absolutely gives us n Ace and makes the rotation better but pitching didn't lose the games.
    Crappy hitting did. Romine was excellent backup. How many backups hit 280 and play the D he plays? Very, very few. His output was better than most starters and with Sanchez's injury history and durability questions, having Romine was great.
    Didi played less than half a season but he's an excellent fielder and leader. He's also a lefty bat. He's hit over 20 hr every year except last and he hit 16 in the time he was here.
    I am guessing he has a solid year at the plate. A 260 avg, 310 OBP and over 20 hr while playing high level SS.

Dellin was a non factor last year.

We still have a lineup of guys who K way too much. We still have an all righty lineup.

We got Cole. He plays every 5 days. Is he worth a high level, every day SS, an excellent and reliable, backup catcher and a potentially high level BP arm? Maybe. It will depend how they play.
    Is he worth that plus the holes we didn't fill? I don't think so.

Will Cole get us into the WS? No. No one pitcher does that and our staff last year got us to the brink and I believe could do it again without Cole.
    Cole is awesome. If you gave me a choice for one player, it might have been lindor.
    you have to be trolling not even mr spock could explain your logic of you rather not have cole instead of lindor..

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    It wasn’t the crappy hitting that cost the yanks in the alcs . It was the pitching and that was evident in that it gave up 20 runs in the 4 games they lost , including 17 of those 20 runs in games 3,4 and 6 . The bullpen was already showing signs of wear in game 4 . The two games the Yankees won the pitching allowed just 1 run combined .
    We lost game 2, 3-2, game 3, 4-1 and game 6, 6-4
    My argument is the term who slugged their way to the ALCS should have scored more. We were horrible with RISP.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    you have to be trolling not even mr spock could explain your logic of you rather not have cole instead of lindor..
    A 25 year old SS who will be a perennial all star, is a switch hitter, can steal bases and is a fantastic defensive SS vs a Cy young pitcher? Yes. I take the SS, the guy that plays every day at an all star level, all day, every day

I'd rather have 5 aces and a lineup of league average hitters over a lineup of Allstars and 5 average SPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    I think it's hilarious that everyone is upset about not re-signing Romine and that he would help them get to the world series in 2020...

He didn't have one at bat the entire 2019 playoffs. How exactly is he going to help them get to the world series by playing 0 games. It's painfully obvious losing him will not affect their chances to win the world series in the least.

Dellin barely played in 2019.

Didi didn't play much and didn't do much when he did.

In terms of replacing 2019 production, the Yankees will not be losing anything by letting these guys go.

Arguing that Gerrit Cole is not going to increase their chances to get to the world series is ludicrous. He was the best pitcher in the league in 2019. Of course having that guy on your team increases your chances to win the world series. Everyone in the world believes it except Leo and Kinko. Vegas oddsmakers believe it, the rest of the league believes it, the Yankees front office believes it, and the beat writers all believe it. The two posters on this website who are perseverating on this topic are the only ones who believe this.

First, I never said Cole is not a great addition. This argument is about money spent.

Does he increase the chances? Of course. No one argued that either.

Will Cole be the sole reason we get to the WS and does he guarantee us getting there? No. No one player does that. I don't care how good he is. If that were the case, Cole going to the Angels, would put them in the WS.

You think the lineup will be good enough to do that, just because we got Cole. I don't. I hope I'm wrong and we don't repeat 17, 18 and 19.

Regarding Romine not getting a post season AB, that isn't his fault. Maybe Boone should have given him a few. Romine was in no way a savior. But with the amount of time Sanchez seems to miss every year, having a backup like him was huge.

I am not perseverating anything. I responded to a post. I don't think I've mentioned Cole in any fashion aside from being the Ace of the rotation, in weeks. I have always maintained that I would love to sign Cole but I think the team has more pressing needs and that our rotation was good enough to get us to and win the WS without Cole.

My argument is the term who slugged their way to the ALCS should have scored more. We were horrible with RISP.
    Clown....it’s funny how the haters need to resort to insults rather than just present an opinion.

We lost because our manager takes every pitcher out too early and because our repeat lineup of strikeout addicts can’t hit good pitching.

Does Cole help? Of course. But is he gonna pitch 9 innings and help us score? No. Is he pitching the other 5 games in the series? No.

I also love the sudden hate for Dizzle Dellin and Romine when everyone usually loves them. I actually didn’t want any of them but jeez....
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Support Every President & The Country!

Conversely Clown, if Yanks had the pitching to keep it closer or match zero's maybe it's a very different outcome. If game 6 wasn't a BP game and Green doesn't give up 3 spot early....? I agree Yanks did not hit well with RISP, some of that could be due to superior pitching. Good pitching, particularly postseason rotations will shut down good hitting more often than not.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin