Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 158 1231151101 ... LastLast

Official 2019-20 Offseason thread.

We have reluctantly arrived. Our collective hearts crushed by an Altuve blast. The highest of highs leading so quickly and decisively to the lowest of lows.

The Yanks looked like a team that could and would defeat all odds. They managed 103 W's while maneuvering around more injuries to key personnel, than any team in recent memory has endured. No excuse, just reality. They overcame adversity. They had us believe it was possible.

The floor is open. Questions imo that need to be answered:

1) Rotation help. Cole, Strasburg or Wheeler?

2) Didi FA? Let him walk and move Torres over give DJ 2B permanently? Didi's value at an all time low.

3) Start extension talks with DJ immediately!

4) Is Gio the long term answer at 3B?

5) What to do about LF and DH.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

I’d like to start this thread by thanking Mush for betting the Yanks so I bet Houston to hedge my emotions .

And won a lot of loot!

Sauron.....I can now afford a VIP ticket on the express!

1) Yankee's will trade for a starter but don't expect a big FA move. The team will reason we played Houston close and did not win due to a lack of hitting. The team will argue we had an often injured Severino who will be a major contributor this upcoming season along with a young elite contributor like German returning. They may trade for a starter but they are not breaking the bank. 2) Didi they may want back, depends on the contract. I think he will be back. 3) DJ gets a extension 4) Gios defense is worth keeping him and he contributed offensively in the playoffs 5) Frazier should get left field or DH spot as his batting style is what they needed, he has a good eye and is a line drive hitters, doesn't swing for the seats every at bat. Stanton is not being traded. Maybe Ford remains as the team could use a left handed bat, heck does Bird get another chance

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    I’d like to start this thread by thanking Mush for betting the Yanks so I bet Houston to hedge my emotions .

And won a lot of loot!

Sauron.....I can now afford a VIP ticket on the express!
    Great just what we need to hear this morning. You won, Yanks lost.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    1) Yankee's will trade for a starter but don't expect a big FA move. The team will reason we played Houston close and did not win due to a lack of hitting. The team will argue we had an often injured Severino who will be a major contributor this upcoming season along with a young elite contributor like German returning. They may trade for a starter but they are not breaking the bank. 2) Didi they may want back, depends on the contract. I think he will be back. 3) DJ gets a extension 4) Gios defense is worth keeping him and he contributed offensively in the playoffs 5) Frazier should get left field or DH spot as his batting style is what they needed, he has a good eye and is a line drive hitters, doesn't swing for the seats every at bat. Stanton is not being traded. Maybe Ford remains as the team could use a left handed bat, heck does Bird get another chance
    Bird. I forgot he was alive.

And the Yankees need to do Yoga and less weight lifting. Yoga, core, and cardio.

If we didn't sign a single one of our own FAs and gave Cole (Gerrit, not Hamels) all of their money I'd consider our offseason a success.
    Last edited by goingfor28; 10-20-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    If we didn't sign a single one of our own FAs and only signed Cole (Gerrit, not Hamels) I'd consider our offseason a success.
    I think the ownership is down on huge contract commitments. They got Elsbury, Stanton, and ARODs last contract on their minds. They will find any reason to justify not signing Cole. They will say German, Severino, Tanaka, Paxton is elite when healthy. They will say Happ is a luxury as a 5th starter and they have Cessa, Green, Loisiga and others too. They might sign Wheeler or trade for a 5th starter to show the fan base, but they will opt to use coupons and sales instead of going shopping at Tiffanys.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    I think the ownership is down on huge contract commitments. They got Elsbury, Stanton, and ARODs last contract on their minds. They will find any reason to justify not signing Cole. They will say German, Severino, Tanaka, Paxton is elite when healthy. They will say Happ is a luxury as a 5th starter and they have Cessa, Green, Loisiga and others too. They might sign Wheeler or trade for a 5th starter to show the fan base, but they will opt to use coupons and sales instead of going shopping at Tiffanys.
    The thing is that Ellsbury and Stanton were redundant, while Cole is redundant to no-one.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    The thing is that Ellsbury and Stanton were redundant, while Cole is redundant to no-one.
    Not to mention a necessity (that has existed for at least the last three seasons!)

The more I hear Buck ....the more I want him to be our Manager. That guy is a genius mind.

Who do you think is internally laughing more?

Jeter or Girardi?

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Who do you think is internally laughing more?

Jeter or Girardi?
    Girardi. I don't think Jeter gives a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    We have reluctantly arrived. Our collective hearts crushed by an Altuve blast. The highest of highs leading so quickly and decisively to the lowest of lows.

The Yanks looked like a team that could and would defeat all odds. They managed 103 W's while maneuvering around more injuries to key personnel, than any team in recent memory has endured. No excuse, just reality. They overcame adversity. They had us believe it was possible.

The floor is open. Questions imo that need to be answered:

1) Rotation help. Cole, Strasburg or Wheeler?

2) Didi FA? Let him walk and move Torres over give DJ 2B permanently? Didi's value at an all time low.

3) Start extension talks with DJ immediately!

4) Is Gio the long term answer at 3B?

5) What to do about LF and DH.
    Just to piggy back off of your bullet points:

1. The obvious answer is Cole. I’m a little skeptical of Strasburg. Wheeler is probably who they will sign and it will be a mistake. He is not a number 1 pitcher which is what this team desperately needs. No matter how hard they try, it has become obvious that Sevy is not that guy you can give the ball to in a must win game.

2. I say let Didi walk. Yankees have plenty of infield options and they can save that money for pitching help.

3. They can always start extension talks with DJ but it won’t be cheap. He is coming off a career year and was easily our MVP. Easier said than done.

4 and 5. This is probably the most difficult question to answer. The DH, 3B, and 1B. Both of the guys who entered the year as options at 1B were not even on the playoff roster. It will be interesting to see what they do there.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Girardi. I don't think Jeter gives a ****.
    I meant on the Stanton deal. Not the loss.

Page 1 of 158 1231151101 ... LastLast