Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 268 of 358 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 5364
  1. #4006
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    7,591
    ^^^ absolutely

  2. #4007
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Barren, Desolate Wastes of Angband
    Posts
    6,082
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    I didn't ask you who you WEREN'T replacing them with, I asked who you ARE replacing them with. Perhaps it's a reading problem.
    So.....the sum total of your attempt at an ‘position’ on Saturday January 4, 2020 is that there have been no quality alternative acquisitional signing possibilities during the entirety of Brian Cashman’s 21 seasons on the job other than Travis Hafner, Dustin Ackley, and Stephen Drew.







    Max Scherzer says hello.

    Last edited by sauronthepower; 01-05-2020 at 02:17 AM.
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!




  3. #4008
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    16,893
    Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Cmon mush, common sense. If a better training staff can keep Stanton, Voit, Hicks on the field we should in turn produce. I agree, namely Sanchez and Edwin completely disappeared. But a healthy roster is a huge boost
    Sometimes your roster is just too goddamn fragile. Stanton, Bird, Sanchez, Judge are always hurt. They are made of glass and a better training staff is not going to make them more durable. The are what they are, soft, marshmallow soft.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

    1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

  4. #4009
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    16,893
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    I don't get your apparent anger. Sure, the Yankees haven't won a championship since 2009, but they have been competitive and extremely entertaining especially in the last three years.

    And, if things don't go catastrophically wrong this year, they should have an excellent chance to win the championship.
    The young talent needs to come up with a few big hits or a dominant pitching performance in some must win games in Oct. Judge, Sevy, Sanchez all fail in Oct. and getting Cole is not going to help those Oct failures!

    What we needed was George to fire up the media....we had a great player in Dave Winfield but he was just Mr May and not Mr Oct like Reggie...we need a Reggie and I doubt Judge or Sanchez will be the ones. George by now would have called out the three I mentioned for their miserable Oct’s
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

    1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

  5. #4010
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,232
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    I still haven't forgiven Joe for bringing the infield in on that play
    Torre sucked. It was a disgrace that he lost that game and series through total mismanagement. At a time when the WTC had fallen and the whole country was rooting for the Yankees, he botched it and couldn't get it done. He botched later years, as well as his constant stream of mistakes and the fact that he was one of the worst game managers ever caught up with him.

    The Yankees won in spite of Torre, mostly because of Mo and secondarily because of the rest of the Core 4, plus O'Niel and Bernie, who had a lot to do with it and other players like Boggs, Knoblauch, all of whom worked the counts and never gave in. Then throw in some power lefties like Justice and Strawberry and even Tino and you have a relentless lineup. Then you have the bullpen arms that he abused like the Setve Karsays of the world that were closers on other teams that we signed for top dollar for 4 year contracts and made set up men for Torre to blow out their arms in their first year and be replenished the next. He had two pitchers throw perfect games and another throw a no hitter. Heck any person off the street could have managed that team and won a World Series, no matter what lineup they used.

  6. #4011
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,706
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Torre sucked. It was a disgrace that he lost that game and series through total mismanagement. At a time when the WTC had fallen and the whole country was rooting for the Yankees, he botched it and couldn't get it done. He botched later years, as well as his constant stream of mistakes and the fact that he was one of the worst game managers ever caught up with him.

    The Yankees won in spite of Torre, mostly because of Mo and secondarily because of the rest of the Core 4, plus O'Niel and Bernie, who had a lot to do with it and other players like Boggs, Knoblauch, all of whom worked the counts and never gave in. Then throw in some power lefties like Justice and Strawberry and even Tino and you have a relentless lineup. Then you have the bullpen arms that he abused like the Setve Karsays of the world that were closers on other teams that we signed for top dollar for 4 year contracts and made set up men for Torre to blow out their arms in their first year and be replenished the next. He had two pitchers throw perfect games and another throw a no hitter. Heck any person off the street could have managed that team and won a World Series, no matter what lineup they used.
    I agree with many of your points but I liked a lot of what he did,for example going with the hot hand in playoff games,kill me if you want but I wish Boone would have benched Sanchez against Houston in the playoffs this year,could Romine have done any worse??? I also think he took a lot of the pressure off the players with George,,later on in years when George mellowed it probably didn't matter.. Would we have enjoyed the same success if Buck was at the helm? We'll never know but I'll go on record as saying I thought Buck was a great manager,I think Joe G is a great mgr as well and I wish Joe was still our skipper. I wish Joe G nothing but the best as long as he's not playing us,it's gonna be tough looking at him in that red uniform

  7. #4012
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,232
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    I agree with many of your points but I liked a lot of what he did,for example going with the hot hand in playoff games,kill me if you want but I wish Boone would have benched Sanchez against Houston in the playoffs this year,could Romine have done any worse??? I also think he took a lot of the pressure off the players with George,,later on in years when George mellowed it probably didn't matter.. Would we have enjoyed the same success if Buck was at the helm? We'll never know but I'll go on record as saying I thought Buck was a great manager,I think Joe G is a great mgr as well and I wish Joe was still our skipper. I wish Joe G nothing but the best as long as he's not playing us,it's gonna be tough looking at him in that red uniform
    Torre was the worst manager with the most success. Hopefully, Boone who is a terrible decision maker in the same vein as Torre also experiences tremendous success and acclaim. Though, we'll all know better, when he does. I agree that Girardi was the best of the three and that Buck got a raw deal from the Yankees when he was let go.

  8. #4013
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Sometimes your roster is just too goddamn fragile. Stanton, Bird, Sanchez, Judge are always hurt. They are made of glass and a better training staff is not going to make them more durable. The are what they are, soft, marshmallow soft.
    That’s actually the literal job of a training staff. Guys today are too proud of the muscle they put on. If a new training staff can correct some of the pulls and strains these guys go down with, how is that bad? If you car windshield was broken would you just ignore it and not drive anymore simply because it was made of glass and might break again, or would you fix it and continue driving?

  9. #4014
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    42,069
    Nothing better than a multiple post Mush rant.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day


  10. #4015
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    33,537
    Be nice if Urshela could fill in at SS for us next year. Our current lineup would probably be:

    C Sanchez
    1B Voit
    2B DJ
    3B Gio
    SS Torres
    LF Stanton
    CF Gardner
    RF Judge
    DH Andujar

    OF Tauchman
    1B/DH Ford
    C Higgy
    IF/OF Wade

    If Gio can play a little SS for us, then on days Torres sits you can put Miggy at 3B and then either Stanton at DH with Tauchman in LF or leave Stanton in LF and play Ford at DH. Same would apply for when DJ sits with Gio at SS and Torres sliding over.

    It just gives you flexibility to find some extra games for better hitters in Ford/Tauchman vs Wade.

    Bryan Hoch had an article suggesting Gio could play some SS which is why I bring it up.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  11. #4016
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    34,612
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Nothing better than a multiple post Mush rant.
    Too bad he won't post in his thread

  12. #4017
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    7,591
    Question for u guys, if the Yanks do nothing else this winter do u still think this was a very successful winter?

  13. #4018
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,456
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Question for u guys, if the Yanks do nothing else this winter do u still think this was a very successful winter?
    Cole signing was huge that alone made it a successful winter imo. It addressed a major hole, with Sevy healthy that is a formidable 1-2. A lefty bat would be welcome but not a glaring need. Yanks lineup can hit RHers as well as LHers.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  14. #4019
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    34,612
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Question for u guys, if the Yanks do nothing else this winter do u still think this was a very successful winter?
    If we do nothing else I would give it a B+

    We still haven't addressed the pen, or gotten rid of Happ, and we still need a lefty power bat imo.

  15. #4020
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    33,774
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    If we do nothing else I would give it a B+

    We still haven't addressed the pen, or gotten rid of Happ, and we still need a lefty power bat imo.
    Uhhh

    Bentley is a lefty power bat.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •