Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 302 of 357 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 5346
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    one of the wonderful things about baseball is that they tend to police themselves, the unwritten rules we always here about in baseball. I agree with u, actually i'd be shocked if the worst offenders like Altuve and Bregman don't get used as target practice the first handful of series by the opposing teams pitchers.
    You know Altuve is gonna get some brush backs , he stated earlier that the Astros will be in the workd series this season . Btw don’t you think some Red Sox players deserve some brush backs too?

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    You know Altuve is gonna get some brush backs , he stated earlier that the Astros will be in the workd series this season . Btw don’t you think some Red Sox players deserve some brush backs too?
    I do think they do but the difference being is Altuve and Bregmans names have been front and center in all this with lots of players complaining about them, like Judge deleting that IG post congratulating Altuve for his MVP. I haven't heard of one player being the wring leader in their clubhouse, the only name that has come out has been Cora. I'm certain alot of guys would like to throw at him but its not like he's going to be in the box. If/ when Sox players names come out i'm sure that likely to change... Maybe the throw at Martinez and Betts because of the career yrs they had, into wouldn't be a stretch to think they were the ones that benefited the most from knowing what pitch was coming

I wonder how long the investigation into the Red Sox will last , assuming there will actually be one

My guess is that they address the Cora situation, since they already fired the GM not much they can do there and maybe give the Soxs a 5m fine which from what i understand is the max the can fine the team under the CBA. Maybe they lose picks for a yr or 2.

As far as the players, if they didn't do anything to any of the Stro's players it would seem unlike they go after any Soxs players

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I don't believe our team is that honest
    Well hopefully the Yankees don’t get caught up in this cheating scandal as this thing is about to blow the lid off according to reports.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

I wonder what the over under is NOW for Houston and Boston?

I saw one where the Yankees are 101 and the RedSox are 88. Houston was 94. But that was basically because of Cole going to the Yankees.

Funny, we get Cole and probably go backwards in Wins this year.

We need more help with the lineup.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Winning 100 games, especially 3yrs in a row isnt an easy thing now matter how easy weve made it look the last couple yrs
    CBS came out with there over unders yesterday. They have the Yanks as the only 100 win team.
    Yanks 101.5
    Dodgers 97.5
    Houston 96.5
    Tampa 90
    Boston 89.6
    Even with all the BS thats gone on Houston is still a very talented team playing in a pretty weak division. Them taking an 11 game hit is a pretty big hit.
    Also them predicting that were going to be the only 100 plus win team and the best team by 4 games gone to show how good they think were going to be
    Kinda surprised they only have Tampa at 90 wins with how much they improved this winter with the trades they made and the elite specs they have that are expected to contribute next yrhttps://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-win-totals-2020-yankees-dodgers-lead-al-and-nl-with-astros-braves-close-behind/

Winning 100 games, especially 3yrs in a row isnt an easy thing now matter how easy weve made it look the last couple yrs
    CBS came out with there over unders yesterday. They have the Yanks as the only 100 win team.
    Yanks 101.5
    Dodgers 97.5
    Houston 96.5
    Tampa 90
    Boston 89.6
    Even with all the BS thats gone on Houston is still a very talented team playing in a pretty weak division. Them taking an 11 game hit is a pretty big hit.
    Also them predicting that were going to be the only 100 plus win team and the best team by 4 games gone to show how good they think were going to be
    Kinda surprised they only have Tampa at 90 wins with how much they improved this winter with the trades they made and the elite specs they have that are expected to contribute next yrhttps://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-win-totals-2020-yankees-dodgers-lead-al-and-nl-with-astros-braves-close-behind/
    I agree, I think they are the sleeper in the east. They shouldn't be underestimated or taken lightly. Yanks are clearly the class of the AL.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Yanks 101.5
    Dodgers 97.5
    Houston 96.5
    Tampa 90
    Boston 89.6
    I still think with the rangers improving themselves and the A’s still a team that won more than 95 games last year I find it hard to believe Houston will win more than 95 games

Regarding the players immunity, it probably only grants full immunity if they were honest, like they admitted the garbage pail nonsense. However, if mlb finds out they were wearing electronic devices and they didn't disclose this I'm sure the players will get it trouble, hopefully lots of it too.

Spent a few hours watching sports shows yesterday and to me there appears to be evidence of Altuve af the least wearing a buzzer. Watch the video of him after the Chapman homer, he grabs his jersey as he's rounding third, tells his teammates to not rip his jersey off, runs to the tunnel to change into his championship shirt instead of on the field like the rest of the team.

It's brief, but you can also see a piece of tape on the inside of his jersey to the right sight of his chest.

A theory I heard and it makes sense to me, is that the Twitter account of Beltrans's neice is an Astros player. They knew about Beltrans's moves before they were announced, and also stated they knew Altuve and Bergman were wearing wires. They claimed to have pics of it in the locker room, which to me proves its a player or disgruntled employee. Leaning towards a player since they had inside info on Beltrans's moves.

The best theory to me is that all the players weren't involved withe buzzer, just a small group. First proof is altuve telling them not to rip jersey off. If they all knew, why would he be so protective of his jersey? Second thing is the Beltrans's neice Twitter. To me that seems like a player that caught wind of this, didn't participate, and wanted to expose the truth. Maybe player was mad that they weren't invited to join, or just a player with morals, or even possibly an axe to grind.

Interesting theories for sure.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Case closed imo. Can it be more obvious.

Look at these postseason splits for the following six players.

Altuve:

Home: .472 BA/.513 OBP/1.028 SLG/1.541 OPS, 17 H, 6 HR & 12 RBI

Away: .143 BA, .268 OBP, .229 SLG, .497 OPS, 5 H, 1 HR & 2 RBI

Correa:

Home: .371 BA/.421 OBP/.743 SLG/1.164 OPS, 13 H, 3 HR & 10 RBI

Away: .211 BA/.231 OBP/.395 SLG/.626 OPS, 8 H, 2 HR & 4 RBI.

Bregman:

Home: .273 BA/.342 OBP/.515 SLG/.857 OPS, 9 H, 2 HR & 6 RBI

Away: .154 BA/.175 OBP/.333 SLG/.508 OPS, 6 H, 2 HR & 4 RBI

McCann:

Home: .300 BA/.382 OBP/.467 SLG/.849 OPS, 9 H, 1 HR & 7 RBI

Away: .037 BA/.161 OBP/.037 SLG/.198 OPS, 1 H, 0 HR & 0 RBI

Gurriel:

Home: .303 BA/.361 OBP/.576 SLG/.937 OPS, 10 H, 2 HR & 5 RBI

Away: .306 BA/.324 OBP/.472 SLG/.797 OPS, 11 H, 0 HR & 3 RBI

Gattis:

Home: .300 BA/.464 OBP/.550 SLG/1.014 OPS, 6 H, 1 HR & 3 RBI

Away: .200 BA/.333 OBP/.200 SLG/.533 OPS, 2 H, 0 HR & 0 RBI
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Case closed imo. Can it be more obvious.

Look at these postseason splits for the following six players.

Altuve:

Home: .472 BA/.513 OBP/1.028 SLG/1.541 OPS, 17 H, 6 HR & 12 RBI

Away: .143 BA, .268 OBP, .229 SLG, .497 OPS, 5 H, 1 HR & 2 RBI

Correa:

Home: .371 BA/.421 OBP/.743 SLG/1.164 OPS, 13 H, 3 HR & 10 RBI

Away: .211 BA/.231 OBP/.395 SLG/.626 OPS, 8 H, 2 HR & 4 RBI.

Bregman:

Home: .273 BA/.342 OBP/.515 SLG/.857 OPS, 9 H, 2 HR & 6 RBI

Away: .154 BA/.175 OBP/.333 SLG/.508 OPS, 6 H, 2 HR & 4 RBI

McCann:

Home: .300 BA/.382 OBP/.467 SLG/.849 OPS, 9 H, 1 HR & 7 RBI

Away: .037 BA/.161 OBP/.037 SLG/.198 OPS, 1 H, 0 HR & 0 RBI

Gurriel:

Home: .303 BA/.361 OBP/.576 SLG/.937 OPS, 10 H, 2 HR & 5 RBI

Away: .306 BA/.324 OBP/.472 SLG/.797 OPS, 11 H, 0 HR & 3 RBI

Gattis:

Home: .300 BA/.464 OBP/.550 SLG/1.014 OPS, 6 H, 1 HR & 3 RBI

Away: .200 BA/.333 OBP/.200 SLG/.533 OPS, 2 H, 0 HR & 0 RBI
    Btw why is no one questioning why McCann retired so suddenly after the Braves were eliminated ?

Yanks 101.5
    Dodgers 97.5
    Houston 96.5
    Tampa 90
    Boston 89.6
    What trades did Tampa make to improve their roster? Only deal I can remember is them trading away Tommy Pham.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Btw why is no one questioning why McCann retired so suddenly after the Braves were eliminated ?
    Probably bc he's 35 and hadn't been very good in a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    What trades did Tampa make to improve their roster? Only deal I can remember is them trading away Tommy Pham.
    Rays traded top pitching prospect Matthew Liberatore to St. Louis for two right-handed bats. One of those bats will have an immediate impact on the Rays’ lineup, Jose Martinez. Martinez is a depth option for the Rays in the corner outfield, but likely will see majority of AB's at the DH. The right-handed hitting Martinez will join three left-handed hitters (Nate Lowe, Ji-Man Choi, and the newly-signed Yoshitomo Tsutsugo) in the first base/DH mix, though Tampa expects Tsutsugo to see some action at third base.

They have a competitive rotation fronted by Charlie Morton, Blake Snell, Tyler Glasnow, Yonny Chirinos and Ryan Yarbrough.