Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 284 of 309 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 4628
    CC future HOF. CC Sabathia made the final appearance of his 19-year Major League Baseball career in a relief outing in Game 4 of the ALCS against the Houston Astros, after throwing 17 pitches, Sabathia’s left shoulder would not allow him to continue. His shoulder popped out of its socket when he retired Aledmys Diaz on a flyout to shallow right field. Amazingly, he threw three more pitches to the next batter (George Springer) but the pain was too much to bear.

“I think it’s just kind of fitting… I threw until I couldn’t anymore… That’s what I signed up to do… Pitch as long as I could and as hard as I could and take the ball every time out. Yeah, I have no regrets at all.”

— CC Sabathia (October 18, 2019)

“In a weird way, [it was] kind of a perfect way to go out. He’s been the ultimate teammate, competitor, gamer, left everything on the field, left everything he had on the mound.”

— Yankees manager Aaron Boone (October 18, 2019)

“That man gave his all… They had to rip the ball out of his hand and that jersey off. He got everything out of that arm. That’s a warrior right there. That’s why he’s been a leader for so many years and has so much respect throughout the game and in this stadium. It was tough to see. That’s our leader. He left it all out there.”

— Yankees right fielder Aaron Judge (October 17, 2019)

“It’s tough man. He’s a great person, a great player… He’s gonna be a Hall of Famer. To see a guy like that go out like that is not the way you want to see it.”

— Yankees center fielder Aaron Hicks (October 17, 2019)

CC became the 17th pitcher in all of baseball history to reach the 3,000 strikeout mark. Sabathia is only the third lefty to reach that plateau, the others being Randy Johnson and Steve Carlton.

With both 250 wins and 3,000 strikeouts, Sabathia became just the 14th hurler in MLB history to reach both numbers, joining Roger Clemens and 12 already enshrined Hall of Fame starters.

Winners win.

https://www.cooperstowncred.com/is-c...hall-of-famer/
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Yankees fans can get their first fix of baseball on February 22 as YES will carry the Spring Training opener. The following dates will also be televised on YES and ESPN: 2/26, 2/27, 2/29, 3/3, 3/7, 3/10, 3/13, 3/15, 3/20, 3/22
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    AND a $5 million fine?

Players make $30 million per

WTFIT!

This is beyond laughable!
    In a way.. yes in a way.. no...

The fact that no players got dinged... I'm not surprised while thinking about it... Sign stealing is as old as the game itself.. it's pretty much part of the game and MLB does not want to stop it... they only want to stop how Houston (and Boston) went about it.

Essentially.. If you can steal the other teams signs using all the same methods employed by the 1908 Cubs... have at it... anotherwards.. what you can see with your own eyes from 2nd base or the dugout...
    JUST DON'T USE MODERN TECHNOLOGY... no CF camera views... you can view them after the game.. maybe figure this out from that.. but to steal real time you have to use your own eyes only.

That said... You can't think for one bleepin moment that a TV screen could be placed where the guys in the dugout can view the CF camera feed during the game realtime without the manager and the GM knowning about it. The penalties were a slap on the wrists for the players and ownership (though the lost of draft picks could hurt talent levels a bit).. but the guy with direct control, Manager and GM.. 1 Year suspension is no slap on the wrists. You can bet that if the players try something like this again... the GM and Manager will start benching and suspending/fining players long before the league finds out because THEY are the direct supervisors.

KNowing that... I would agree that I'd like to see championships vacated... but lets be real.. I've never seen a PROFESSIONAL league do that. Oh, it's a very effective tool for Little League, and the NCAA ... as wellas the Olympic Games... all supposed to be Amatuer organizations...(Olympic and NCAA are borderline in today's world).. but I've never seen it at a Pro level. But I do agree... make them Vacate their results would be fitting.. it's pretty clear though that it will never happen... not with this.. or the NFL with Brady's football issue a few years ago... or anything else with any other league...

So the moral of the story.. stealing signs is fine... using technology to do it IS NOT!... and you can't set that up without the Manager/GM...

Lolololololololololol

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Lolololololololololol
    Saw this earlier. This is great.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

More fall out.

Red Sox fire Alex Cora.

Alex Cora, Red Sox mutually agree to part ways https://es.pn/2Tpiv4s
    via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

Last edited by RCSownsU; 01-14-2020 at 08:40 PM.

Bye douche.

And 2 years ago I 100% would've preferred Cora over Boone.

The MLB has done nothing serious enough in their discipline to really discourage this kind of cheating... win a ring then your manager gets fired... I'd gladly sign Boonehead up for that

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    The MLB has done nothing serious enough in their discipline to really discourage this kind of cheating... win a ring then your manager gets fired... I'd gladly sign Boonehead up for that
    I'd rather not have my team have an * next to their title. Personally, for me.. It would be enough of a deterrent.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I'd rather not have my team have an * next to their title. Personally, for me.. It would be enough of a deterrent.

I really hope that they decide to put that * next to the 17&18 titles but unless the MLB is going for round 2 against the Astros they aren't going to do that. If they aren't going to do it for the Astros, i just don't see them punishing the Soxs more seriously.

I don't agree with them cheating, i was more just referring that Boone would be gone which i wouldn't mind seeing

The whole thing is a farce. Both franchises are thrilled w the title, made zillions and couldn’t care less about firing a useless manager.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Bye douche.

And 2 years ago I 100% would've preferred Cora over Boone.
    I still would...

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post

The Reds don't have a * by their 1919 championship... and we know that the other team cheated to throw the games... so why would a winner get one now?

Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    The Reds don't have a * by their 1919 championship... and we know that the other team cheated to throw the games... so why would a winner get one now?
    You should learn not to take things so literal. I know comprehension is not your strong suit. Then again, nothing is.