Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 148 of 295 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 4415
    Still have a long way to go but it seems our chances are definitely getting better. Imo i think alot of the speculation that we wouldn't get him is because the belief around the industry was Hal wouldn't spend what its going to take to get him.

Obviously with Cash, Boone and Blakeley flying out there they know what it's going to take to get him and aren't backing down. 1 thing to watch is where Coles personal catcher ends up, we need a back up C it just might seal the deal.
    Kinda interesting that Boras gave an interview saying he thought that the market for Cole would move very quickly, maybe we won't have to wait till January/February to find out hopefully before Christmas
    Cole would be the smartest move they could make. A rotation of
    Cole
    Sevy
    Paxton
    Tanaka
    German
    Would be as good of a rotation as there is in baseball
    Add a solid reliever or 2, find a cfer probably Gardy and a solid LHed bat and were set.
    Lindor would make this team unbelievably good however unlikely
    Last edited by dayners81; 12-04-2019 at 11:13 PM.

It still blows me away that the Phillies gave Wheeler 5yr118m which is a higher AAV than Corbin. I just don't see him being worth that much

Feinsand is reporting the Yanks Strasburg meeting went well.
    Reports are Cole is clearly their number 1 priority

I never understood why the "growing up in California" thing made any difference. For about five months out of the year, he can live wherever he wants (esp. during the un-California-like months of November - February). For most of March, he will be in spring training.

He can lead the rotation as the ace like he wants.

He has the best chance of winning in NY (Boston looks lost for a while, I do not think the Rays will be able to be a real threat, the Astros will decline both because of his leaving, Verlander will age someday, and the cheating scandal should harm the Astros franchise because the penalties should be harsh.

He grew up a Yankees fan and there is absolutely no better championship parade than through the Canyon of Heroes.

I am worried about the Dodgers because with him, they would be tough to beat, but he would be nuts to join the crappy Angels. He may be one of the best pitchers in this generation. Trout is certainly the best player of his. In the end, Trout (and Cole if he signs with the Angels) will have the same amount of World Series rings as I do at the end of their careers.

CC has spoken to him a few times talking about he was in the same boat (i.e. a Cali guy who was enticed to NY by the money, but then ended up loving the city and decided to stay).

It never made sense to me that Otani choose the Angels over NY and if a competitive offer is made, it will not make sense to me for Cole to choose the crappy Angels over NY.

I got Ohtani going to the Angels he was a 21 yr old kid with a ton of expectations on him. The Angels weren't in the spotlight like the Yanks would have been . Plus it was the closest team to home that would allow him to DH and pitch like he wanted to. When he becomes a FA im sure he'll look for a team thats more geared towards winning.

As far as Cole go with him coming out and re affirming that the chance at winning every yr is a top priority and thats more important than where. Plus if u add in what we heard throughout the yr that he wanted the big stage, bright lights and be the no doubt leader of his own staff that puts the Angels way down the list.

To me its probably going to come down to the Dodgers and us. I see a couple issues with the Dodgers, as long as Kershaw is there he will always be the leader of that staff plus according to sources they have put very tight limitations on what they are willing to spend on Cole and other FA and won't exceed those evaluations. Plus they have a pretty solid rotation with some solid specs coming. Also they likely have bigger needs like their BP.
    Maybe the shoot the moon for Cole but under Friedman they have avoided huge long contracts in favor of depth. What failed them last yr wasn't their starters it was there BP

We perfectly fit everything Cole is saying he wants in his new team. If Hal is willing to outbid the Dodgers like we did for CC 11 yrs ago i would say our odds are pretty strong that we get him.

If what being reported is true that Hal and Cash realize that our window to win is now and how thin the pitching market is the next 2 yrs and they realize this might be there last chance to get a true ace in his pr6that they'll spend what they need to to get Cole.

With all the info thats come out about Cole and the Yanks thinking on the situation the last couple days i sure do like our chances much much better than i did a couple days ago. Id say were probably co favorites

I got a text from my buddy that works for the Yanks earlier. He said price wasn't talked about during either meeting with Cole or Strasburg he said they got a back channel message from Coles people that they were looking for a starting bid of 7yr252m or 36m aav.

He said they got the feeling Stras was willing to listen but he would have to be blown away to not go back to the Nats. He said the Yanks thinking is it will take somwhere around 6yrs 190-200m to get him around 32plusM AAV. He said the thinking in his team was there is alot of concern giving a 32yr a deal that big and long for someone with his injury history
    Again its not like he works directly next to Cashman this is just what they are hearing. So take it for whatever its worth

A few weeks ago I mentioned the Yanks should sign Maldonado to entice Cole.

If Romine bails, that’s a package deal to offer Cole.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I am still extremely skeptical of Cole ending up here. Again, this is Boras.

Step 1- "Cole doesn't want to play in NY. He wants to play in Cali" - Yankees now are forced to put their best foot forward to show him why he should and be ready to fork over a ton of loot. Cali teams feel pretty good because they think they can get Cole for less than expected because he wants to be there.

Step 2- Set up a "reluctant, lip service" meeting with the Yankees.

Step 3- Release a statement that says "Wow! The Yankees are great. I am enticed by this meeting. Maybe I could play here!!" (In reality this all a ploy to create the right environment and appreance for step 4)

Step 4- Watch the Cali teams poop themselves then realize they need to cough up premium price for Cole.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    1. I now hate Clint slightly less
    2. Wtf is guffaw?
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/guffaw

I’ll say this. Who was the last FA the yanks did a road show for that they didn’t get?

I can’t recall a road show since Fatty and Arod.

Jon Heyman@JonHeyman

Gerrit Cole assured the Yankees he has “no West Coast bias” at yesterday’s meeting which lasted 4 plus hours. Yankees believe he’s built for NYC but have been worried he preferred LA. No word yet on today’s meeting with Stephen Strasburg.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I got a text from my buddy that works for the Yanks earlier. He said price wasn't talked about during either meeting with Cole or Strasburg he said they got a back channel message from Coles people that they were looking for a starting bid of 7yr252m or 36m aav.

He said they got the feeling Stras was willing to listen but he would have to be blown away to not go back to the Nats. He said the Yanks thinking is it will take somwhere around 6yrs 190-200m to get him around 32plusM AAV. He said the thinking in his team was there is alot of concern giving a 32yr a deal that big and long for someone with his injury history
    Again its not like he works directly next to Cashman this is just what they are hearing. So take it for whatever its worth
    7/252 is lower than I thought this would start so............................ALL IN!!!!!
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Jon Heyman@JonHeyman

Gerrit Cole assured the Yankees he has “no West Coast bias” at yesterday’s meeting which lasted 4 plus hours. Yankees believe he’s built for NYC but have been worried he preferred LA. No word yet on today’s meeting with Stephen Strasburg.
    Yeah...
    Of course he assured them he didn't. They won't give him a legit and competitive offer as a leverage tool if he doesn't say that.

I know those aren't your words Doc. My comment is directed at Cole and the article.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    I’ll say this. Who was the last FA the yanks did a road show for that they didn’t get?

I can’t recall a road show since Fatty and Arod.
    Machado and Harper? Machado definitely did a bit of a road show. I don't remember if Harper did or not. I think he did but his trip was shorter.

Yankees also brought Andy Pettitte to the meeting with Cole.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.