Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 146 of 304 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 4546
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Lets not get too crazy. At $33-35M for 7 yrs. puts the bottom at $231M, making it the most lucrative deal ever given to a starting pitcher.

Just think not too long ago Frazier and Andujar might have sealed the deal!
    I'm thinking he will get around 7/252ish kinda deal.(36m per year).

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    That’s like 16 years
    Shhh. Logic.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

COLE Hamels going to the Braves on a 1/18 deal

My guess is that the Yankees will offer Cole 7 years at $35 million per year for a total of $245 million with a 3 year opt out and a team option for one more year. Angels will match and the Yankees will guarantee the option year to get him. So they will spend $280 million. They will try to sign him by January 4th, but that will be pushed back a week or two. For that reason, I believe they will tell their own free agents that they will be discussing potential contracts for next year in mid January or so.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I'm thinking he will get around 7/252ish kinda deal.(36m per year).

Still pricey but I agree. One could question the wisdom of giving a 29 yr old a 7 year deal....but he is the best TORP available and precisely what the Yanks need NOW.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Wheeler to Philly. 5 years, over 100 million.

5 yrs / $118MM

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    That's a bit of a bummer
    No Wheeler
    No Cole
    No Stras.

Doc, can we make note of this post if we do not get Cole or Stras?

Cashman- "We feel good about our staff. Sure we were looking to upgrade, you always are but with everyone healthy, we like our staff as it is right now. We were a couple outs away from the WS with the guys we have now."

**** off. Where's my title

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    As much as I love the idea of Lindor, I think Rizzo is a better fills a bigger position of need and allows DJ to play second.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    That's a bit of a bummer
    No Wheeler
    No Cole
    No Stras.

Doc, can we make note of this post if we do not get Cole or Stras?

Cashman- "We feel good about our staff. Sure we were looking to upgrade, you always are but with everyone healthy, we like our staff as it is right now. We were a couple outs away from the WS with the guys we have now."
    if cole won;t come here yanks have to go after stras overwhelm him.. give him 5 years 150 million then..

yanks can't be that dumb thinking the current staff can win it all for them.. the current staff does not go deep into games the bullpen will be tired and that will come back to haunt us in the playoffs..

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    As much as I love the idea of Lindor, I think Rizzo is a better fills a bigger position of need and allows DJ to play second.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    My guess is that the Yankees will offer Cole 7 years at $35 million per year for a total of $245 million with a 3 year opt out and a team option for one more year. Angels will match and the Yankees will guarantee the option year to get him. So they will spend $280 million. They will try to sign him by January 4th, but that will be pushed back a week or two. For that reason, I believe they will tell their own free agents that they will be discussing potential contracts for next year in mid January or so.
    I don't think an opt out at age 32 is going to be worth all that much to Cole, especially if he's already making 35 million, he'd have to think he could either make more than that, or get more than 4 years guaranteed to make it worth his while.

I guess it's better to have it than not have it.

Apparently the White Sox offered more.

I am rooting hard for Girardi!

Yanks are idiots if they don’t get any of the big boys last year or this year.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day