Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 143 of 310 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 4644
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    I’d bet when those two checks are laying in front if you, you choose the loot.

First of all, the union would make you do so anyway.
    I make like 45k a year. I'd easily take the 200m with a chance at winning over 300m and losing every year.

Multiple reports have stated the Yankees are meeting with Stephen Strasburg in California tomorrow. While that is indeed the case, one person with knowledge of the situation called it “due diligence” and that he would “put the odds at 80%” that Strasburg returns to DC
    - Federico

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I make like 45k a year. I'd easily take the 200m with a chance at winning over 300m and losing every year.
    I’m still gonna bet you wouldn’t!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    One of my closest and most trusted friends works at Publix (mid-tier position).

Sauron lives in Connecticut which might be the one state that actually trumps NY and CA in terms of taxation density.

The dream is to retire to Orlando or Puerto Rico and, yes, you need an abundance of surplus chromosomes to call this place home.
    Where in Ct?

**** off. Where's my title

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Furthermore, ask yourself to answer this truthfully:

Would you rather have $300 million to go 81-81 at home in sunny cali with the Angels or $200 million to go 100-60 w the Yankees but maybe win a ring?

It’s the 300m. Every time.
    Not me. I'd go less money and ring. When you really cut it up, it's probably only around a 50 mil difference after taxes.
    I would live a very happy life on 100 mil. (Plus the endorsements I'd get.)

**** off. Where's my title

There have been a number of sources that have come out and said Stras doesn't want to be the main guy and feel like he has to carry that team. I just dont think that makes him the greatest fit for us.

My guess is either Hal and Cash offer Cole the moom and get him or we dont end up with anything big on the FA market

Michael Kay said he’d bet his life we aren’t getting Cole.....

.....so expect the Yankees to sign him tonight.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    There have been a number of sources that have come out and said Stras doesn't want to be the main guy and feel like he has to carry that team. I just dont think that makes him the greatest fit for us.

My guess is either Hal and Cash offer Cole the moom and get him or we dont end up with anything big on the FA market
    Sounds like Yanks won't be signing Wheeler(if reports are true)

Also sounds like they're putting all their eggs into the Cole basket.

This time last year they had already signed/re-signed players(like Gardy for example). They haven't done anything yet. Which leads me to believe they won't be doing anything until they know where they stand with Cole.

It also sounds like Wheeler very well may sign before end of year and that his price is going to be 120m +. I'm assuming after Wheeler signs we will see serious movement on the Stras/Cole front.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Michael Kay said he’d bet his life we aren’t getting Cole.....

.....so expect the Yankees to sign him tonight.
    I wouldn't mind if he bet his broadcasting career(like if they sign Cole, he will give up his booth dooties) heh.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I wouldn't mind if he bet his broadcasting career(like if they sign Cole, he will give up his booth dooties) heh.

His head section disturbs me.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Furthermore, ask yourself to answer this truthfully:

Would you rather have $300 million to go 81-81 at home in sunny cali with the Angels or $200 million to go 100-60 w the Yankees but maybe win a ring?

It’s the 300m. Every time.
    Imagine giving up $100M so people on Internet forums you’ll never meet can call you a “winner”... lol, could never be me

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Imagine giving up $100M so people on Internet forums you’ll never meet can call you a “winner”... lol, could never be me
    Yep. That’s my point. 100% of players choose the loot. They care about winning secondarily. And i don’t blame them at all. The real winning is the loot.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

His head section disturbs me.
    Tmml

If Kay says 100% no thats encouraging to me, now id says it closers to 50/50.

RC i agree with u i dont think your going to see them make any big time moves until they findout where they stand with Cole.

Imo it's going to be a CC type situation. He wanted to go to the Angels, we blew him out of the water and the rest is history.

Its been a very long time since the Yanks went " big game hunting ' like they are now with Cole. There not recruiting him at his home which is something they haven't done in yr, if they didn't know it was going to cost them a **** ton of money to get him. For all the negative i can say about Cash,, the 1 thing he doesn't do is waste time on players he doesn't want. Sure we've hosted players in the past but he was gonna be there anyway. Getting on a plane to recruit is something else imo.

I don't know if we end up with Cole or not but the fact were making an effort proves they want this guy far more than MM, Corbin just as an example. If we miss atleast i will feel alot better about Cashman effort just like i did about Ohtani

The Brewers have let teams know that Josh Hader is available, he's 25 and probably a top 3 reliever. Pinstripes Alley suggested a package of Deivi Garcia, Andujar, Chance Adams and Holder for him. Would you guys give up that much for him?

Personally i don't think we need another ace reliever nearly as badly as we need an Ace. I wouldn't give up that kind of package for a reliever especially before we know what our rotation is going to look like. We have 5 elite relievers now, if we can't get Betances back, I'd rather look around on the trade market for a guys more suited for the 6-7 innings that would come far cheaper

Hader would make a hell of an addition though if we were unable to upgrade the rotation