Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 122 of 224 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 3351
    Grandal to ChiSox. 4/73

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Heard from my buddy that we are trying very hard to move Happ. The Yanks are willing to eat between 3-7 m and add a good spec, how much money they eat depends on the quality of the spec. I was told they were close to a deal yesterday with the W Sox but they wanted Cessa and either Yajure or Nelson plus 5m but we backed out.

Gonna sound like a bit of a broken record but he says Cashman is very serious a out trying to get Cole and willing to pay top dollar. They dont feel like Stras is realistic he's either going to resign with Washington or go to Cali

He said that he hasn't heard an asking price for Cole yet but believes it's going to take 8yrs to get him.
    Stras is supposedly asking for atleast 6yr 192m which is 32m aav.
    Wheeler wants Corbin like contract
    Lol at Wheeler wanting Corbin money.

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    If Ellsbury is signed, then I believe the other team has to assume his contract. I’m pretty sure you cannot have two different contracts in the same season. This tells me that Hal just wanted him off the team and was willing to eat the remaining 26m on the contract. I can’t see anyone touching that.

Funny how Cashman is so hot-to-trot to dump Happ right now when he was so equally hot-to-trot to sign his weak, 36 old arse last year at a lavish, some would even say exorbitantly overpriced 17 m AAV, as a rebound ******* against screwing up on Corbin.

Like I said.........”longterm franchise vision.”
    I don't think your first part is correct. Pretty sure if Jake gets to FA (he will) and is signed for league minimum his new team owes him league minimum and the Yankees owe him $21M minus league minimum.

Only way another team would be responsible for all $21M plus $5M buyout would be if the new team claimed him off waivers which obviously won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I don't think your first part is correct. Pretty sure if Jake gets to FA (he will) and is signed for league minimum his new team owes him league minimum and the Yankees owe him $21M minus league minimum.

Only way another team would be responsible for all $21M plus $5M buyout would be if the new team claimed him off waivers which obviously won't happen.
    I looked it up.

You and Leo are indeed correct.
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    And to be honest, if I'm Jake, why the hell would I even want to play at this point? I'm getting 26 mil for sitting on a beach? Get me another cocktail I would ask my wife if she wanted, lobster or cracked crab? She asked, can't we have both?
    Lobster and cracked crab for everyone
    tmml

gosh i miss the gary sheffield type off seasons. Wish we signed vlad that year. FA is so boring now baseball use to be 12 months of entertainment

I looked it up.

Story of my life....

I would say we have a better chance of getting better numbers from Monty than Happ next yr. If they can clear any of his salary to put towards the pitching we desperately need then the should do it. It also would insure that we couldn't do anything really stupid like let Happ start 26 games and get his option to vest. Somehow I just have this horrible feeling if he's still around next yr he ll pitch well enough to get 26 starts and be stuck with him through the 21 season.

Does anyone know anything about this Brooks Kriske kid we added to the 40 man yesterday? I wanna know what make a 25 yr old middle reliever who's never been above AA so valuable we d protect or even be so concerned hed get drafted?

I looked it up.

I'm smarter than sauron. Call me Brian $$

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I'm smarter than sauron. Call me Brian $$
    Oooooohhhhhhh.............this is going to be fun

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Story of my life....
    Well..........there was that one time where you said Brian Cashman was a good GM

Well..........there was that one time where you said Brian Cashman was a good GM
    Hehehe. I like Brian. He’s made some amazing trades that had nothing to do with loot.

But his loot signings are awful.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Disregard.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Sauron buddy if the Yanks miss on
    Cole and Stras this yr I think your gonna have to blame Hal not Cash. Cash clearly would sign Cole if it were up to him. I think Cash made it pretty clear the other day when he said in his and his anal teams estimation Cole is the best FA pitcher in the last 10 plus years
    The decision will be on Hal if he opens that padlocked check book

Now if he gives Wheeler Corbin money or signs Madbum or Ryu that's back on Cash

Or if he passes on Lindor because because he didn't want to give up any spec other than Dominguez

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Grandal to ChiSox. 4/73
    What would Gary Sanchez get if he was a free agent?
    My top 5 Yankee playoff teams

5. 2009