Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 100 of 215 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3211
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    We got screwed and hopefully MLB hits them hard and possibly replays the 2017 WS later this month as punishment with Yanks vs Dodgers.
    Now that would be an entertaining way to spend some of the offseason. Of course, we would need to reconstitute the 2017 rosters so welcome back Joe Giraldi! Of course it won't happen, but as I have written before, Altuve should be stripped of the MVP award.

From what I've been reading they were doing it on the road as well. The MLB needs to get to the bottom of this and heads need to role.

They gave Braves executives anywhere from 5yrs to lifetime bans for skirting the IFA rules. Imo this is far far more serious.

I also hope that they make players accountable for this as well because they knowingly cheated as well. It's just as bad as PEDS imo,.so the penalty for players should be similar IMO

Kinda makes me wonder if the reason they got beat by Boston in 18 was because Cora was a bench coach with them in 17 and couldn't get away from it.

Another question I have is why the Yanks didn't do something about it when our 3rd base coach wanted to fight their hitting coach after accusing their hitting coach of stealing signs.

It also sounds like the Nats picked up on it during 1 of Stras s starts and made adjustments. Gotta wonder how they caught it and made adjustments and we couldn't

I did read one encouraging thing that our new pitching coach was brought in to help prevent through cameras to help prevent pitch tipping and sign stealing among his other duties.

I really hope the MLB doesn't sweep this under the rug and penalize them hard enough to significantly penalize them for multiple yrs

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Day, say they get Lindor.....

What about future salaries of Judge, Sanchez, Lindor, Torres, Paxton, and possibly Gerit Cole?

This isnt the NBA where two huge high salaried players can carry a team while the rest get close to the minimum.
    If were taking guesses at what size contract Cole is going to get I'd say the starting point is 7yrs245m. 35m surpasses Greinke for the highest AAV and 245m surpasses Price for the biggest contract ever for a pitcher. Its going to depend on how desperate teams get for him but i don't think he gets 8yrs300m that Borass is looking for. This one is going to be primarily on Hal, not Cashman sorry Sauron, if they have a legit chance to signing Cole

Mush as far as worrying about having to sign those other guys long term I'm not sure they'll get nearly the amount of money were thinking they'll get.

Judge will be going into his age 32 season when he becomes a FA, guys with his build and size don't age well and halfway through his deal he may only be able to DH to finish his career. IMO he won't have nearly the leverage people think he will

If Sanchez continues on the pace he has the last couple yrs he'll be a 30 yr old injury prone C that is averaging less than 110 games a yr. His best position at that point will likely be 1st/DH. Unless he can duplicate his 2017 numbers i don't think he gets a monster deal

Torres salary is gonna be huge no matter what, especially if he continues to have seasons like last yr

I'm not entirely convinced they keep Paxton unless he has a huge season next yr. If they sign Cole or Stras and Sevy and German have good yrs their set 1-3. Plus they'll have Monty, Garcia, if he can handle the work load of a starter, King and Schmidt who all should be ready some time next yr and ready to compete for a rotation spot by the 2021 season. We also have a ton of high elite high ceiling arms in high A that if things click could be in the MLB sometime in 2021.

MLBTR is predicting Paxton, if he has another typical Paxton yr getting 4yr60m. He'll be 32, likely won't have ever exceeded 160+ innings, a checkered injury history and a career full of inconsistent performances. 32yr old mid rotation starters typically don't get big time paydays if the last few off season are any indication

The other big contract they have on the books is G at 22.5 AAV which is hardly a huge contract

Other than Torres i'm not sure any of them are inline for monster paydays unless they have multiple huge yrs IMO

Lindor is 25 and has a solid argument for being the best SS in baseball. Even with future payroll in mind the Yanks could absolutely afford to pay him

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    If were taking guesses at what size contract Cole is going to get I'd say the starting point is 7yrs245m. 35m surpasses Greinke for the highest AAV and 245m surpasses Price for the biggest contract ever for a pitcher. Its going to depend on how desperate teams get for him but i don't think he gets 8yrs300m that Borass is looking for. This one is going to be primarily on Hal, not Cashman sorry Sauron, if they have a legit chance to signing Cole

Mush as far as worrying about having to sign those other guys long term I'm not sure they'll get nearly the amount of money were thinking they'll get.

Judge will be going into his age 32 season when he becomes a FA, guys with his build and size don't age well and halfway through his deal he may only be able to DH to finish his career. IMO he won't have nearly the leverage people think he will

If Sanchez continues on the pace he has the last couple yrs he'll be a 30 yr old injury prone C that is averaging less than 110 games a yr. His best position at that point will likely be 1st/DH. Unless he can duplicate his 2017 numbers i don't think he gets a monster deal

Torres salary is gonna be huge no matter what, especially if he continues to have seasons like last yr

I'm not entirely convinced they keep Paxton unless he has a huge season next yr. If they sign Cole or Stras and Sevy and German have good yrs their set 1-3. Plus they'll have Monty, Garcia, if he can handle the work load of a starter, King and Schmidt who all should be ready some time next yr and ready to compete for a rotation spot by the 2021 season. We also have a ton of high elite high ceiling arms in high A that if things click could be in the MLB sometime in 2021.

MLBTR is predicting Paxton, if he has another typical Paxton yr getting 4yr60m. He'll be 32, likely won't have ever exceeded 160+ innings, a checkered injury history and a career full of inconsistent performances. 32yr old mid rotation starters typically don't get big time paydays if the last few off season are any indication

The other big contract they have on the books is G at 22.5 AAV which is hardly a huge contract

Other than Torres i'm not sure any of them are inline for monster paydays unless they have multiple huge yrs IMO

Lindor is 25 and has a solid argument for being the best SS in baseball. Even with future payroll in mind the Yanks could absolutely afford to pay him
    Great post Day. Spot on.
    Torres will get the monster contract. The others will be on the short end of the stick when their time comes.
    I actually think the Yankees may give Judge an early arbitration deal. It won't be huge but I would bet by the time he's 30, they offer him a 5-6 year deal at around 20 per

**** off. Where's my title

I agree that Judge will never get a monster deal. His age was a bit late.

If Im him, i go ask for an Extension through age 35-36 now.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    I agree that Judge will never get a monster deal. His age was a bit late.

If Im him, i go ask for an Extension through age 35-36 now.
    Exactly.
    He should make monster cash on endorsements..

**** off. Where's my title

See some rumors floating around about trading Andujar for Schwarber. I cant imagine Cashman would ever do that but he had surprised me before...

I would like that trade Schwarber for Andujar. Im not nearly as high on Andujar as everybody else, and we need some lefties in the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by RossMo View Post
    I would like that trade Schwarber for Andujar. Im not nearly as high on Andujar as everybody else, and we need some lefties in the lineup.
    Schwarber is a free agent after this year. Youd we giving up all that control for a guy who hits for a lesser average but a few more hole runs. Not to mention, he is another guy to clog the DH/1B spot.

I'd make that deal if you promise to piss off Stanton by platooning the two of them at DH and forcing him to demand a trade. Then we could unload him to somewhere like San Diego.

andujar is so much a better hitter then one dimensional schwarber who is a dh yanks have enough dh on the team.. and i'm not sold yet on urshella being a good major league hitter he could fall back to earth at the plate next year..

12. 11-18-2019, 02:06 PM
    Reason
    c'mon 28. inappropriate.

Andujar has had 1 good year. He started the year last year 6-47 and he cant play 3rd base. Id say the book is still out whether he is a better hitter than Schwarber. There have been a lot of 1 year wonders in baseball. Schwarber helps balance the lineup and could possibly play occasionally at catcher. Andujar if not traded may very well start in the minors. Schwarber would kill short porch in right field!!!

How much is that 6 for 47 was him playing thru injury before finally shutting it down?
    His bat is excellent. 2018 was very good, but clearly a down year.
    In 2017 he slashed 571/625/857. Good for a 1.482 OPS. Guy is a stud.
    Last edited by goingfor28; 11-18-2019 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    Schwarber is a free agent after this year. Youd we giving up all that control for a guy who hits for a lesser average but a few more hole runs. Not to mention, he is another guy to clog the DH/1B spot.
    Not to mention a K% that rivals the leagues highest! We have plenty of guys who K too often. No thanks pass. Prefer to keep Andujar and his ceiling.
    Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.---- James Baldwin

I know everybody think Andujar is a stud. Time will soon t