Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 99 of 227 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 3405
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Leo, I talked to my buddy last night and I was told something similar.
    Cash wants a serious rotation upgrade and is willing to wait and pay for it. Cashman and his crew believe Cole is the best FA starter available in the last 10yr.
    Hals not sure he want to wait and spend the money. He could decide just to get a small upgrade and hope it's good enough. Is was told Wheeler and Jon Gray were strong possibilities

Didi highly unlikely to be back.
    Gardy probably going to be back but he's not coming as cheap as they hoped
    They will find another LHed bat, no word on who.

Apparently they did call on Lindor and Cleveland wanted Torres and Dominguez back. He said it was a very short call
    I spoke to my primary sauce, Philly Marinara this week as well. We had lunch at Mr. Cacciatore's down on Sullivan st. He pretty much agrees.

I hope we can take Cash seriously when he talks upgrade. He must realize these guys don't grow on trees and come with hefty price tags. No such thing as a bargain basement TORP. Wheeler ain't the answer imo. More of the same. They need a stopper who can provide innings!!

I knew the price for Lindor would start with Torres, but Dominguez as well! Chernoff shooting for the moon. Absurd, but can't blame him really. Lindor is a very valuable asset that can and should bring premium talent. They need to capitalize. Just not from the Yanks at that price.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Doc couldn't agree with u more. Getting more of the same type pitcher isn't going to make us better especially when we already have quite a bit of pitching depth. CASH needs to convince Hal to wait it out and pay whatever it takes

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Team strikeouts by year in MLB:

Astros in 16: 1,452(4th worst)
    Astros in 17: 1,087 (Best)
    Astros in 18: 1,197 (2nd)
    Astros in 19: 1,166 (Best)

Hitting a baseball isn’t easy, but imagine knowing when to sit dead red or sit back and wait on it. It’s disgusting how frustrating this cheating scandal has become.

So it appears Yankees had reason to be pissed with that whistling.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    exactly im disgusted and thought they were just a team that was better than us. Im no longer mad at our team because they have been potentially cheated 3 years in a row. Altuve should be stripped of that MVP he never deserved i have lost respect for that whole squad. If your that good why cheat ? I expect to wipe the floor with them next year. Hopefully they will get hard capped stripped of picks and international bonus money so they cant upgrade their roster.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Leo, I talked to my buddy last night and I was told something similar.
    Cash wants a serious rotation upgrade and is willing to wait and pay for it. Cashman and his crew believe Cole is the best FA starter available in the last 10yr.
    Hals not sure he want to wait and spend the money. He could decide just to get a small upgrade and hope it's good enough. Is was told Wheeler and Jon Gray were strong possibilities

Didi highly unlikely to be back.
    Gardy probably going to be back but he's not coming as cheap as they hoped
    They will find another LHed bat, no word on who.

Apparently they did call on Lindor and Cleveland wanted Torres and Dominguez back. He said it was a very short call
    cant believe ppl still ask for torres who could arguably be better than lindor next season. Jasson suppose to be the 2nd coming of Jesus so easy no
    Last edited by LORD6; 11-17-2019 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LORD6 View Post
    exactly im disgusted and thought they were just a team that was better than us. Im no longer mad at our team because they have been potentially cheated 3 years in a row. Altuve should be stripped of that MVP he never deserved i have lost respect for that whole squad. If your that good why cheat ? I expect to wipe the floor with them next year. Hopefully they will get hard capped stripped of picks and international bonus money so they cant upgrade their roster.
    Here is a photo of a video monitor just at the bottom of the dug out stairs. Notice two towels blocking it from the view you'd see at field level.

Hm.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Here is a photo of a video monitor just at the bottom of the dug out stairs. Notice two towels blocking it from the view you'd see at field level.

Hm.

look like altuve picked up some info he could use here lol.

They can’t punish them enough.

I miss kj and his rumors.

Hopefully he returns this offseason.
    My top 5 Yankee playoff teams

5. 2009

Steve Sax and Jim Memelo in MLB radio:

There is a next to zero chance that Cole goes to the Yankees. He doesn’t want to play in NY and they don’t want to pay him.

They said the same thing about CC. If Hal decides to pay him its impossible to count them Cole and Borass have 2 main objectives get Cole the biggest contract with the highest AAV of any pitcher
    Like CC said from talking to Cole multiple times recently if u pay him enough he ll sign here.
    If Hal isn't willing to pay the best pitcher in baseball with 4-5 prime yrs left when that's clearly our biggest need hes a moron
    To bad we couldn't get rid of both Hal and Cashman if they don't get us the ace we need. Let Hank give it a shot, maybe he could get us to a WS sometime in the next decade which his brother failed to do

I hate the snail pace of MLB off season.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I miss kj and his rumors.

Hopefully he returns this offseason.
    Couldn't agree more. Hopefully he comes back soon.

Here's a Twitter thread comparing 2016 (pre cameras) and 2017 Astros hitting stats. Enjoy.

https://twitter.com/Sports_Talker1/s...717209602?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by LORD6 View Post
    At least during then steroid era both teams had a chance. This Houston team is a goddamn fraud!

5. 2009

Well folks, before we start shooting off the mouth about the Astros and cheating they
    actually have a better road record from 2017-2019 than at home.

Houston splits 2017-2019

HOME 154-89

ROAD 157-86

They are a fraud but a good fraud that probably won the 2017 WS because of their ability to win all 4 HOME games vs the Yankees in the 2027 playoffs which propelled them to the WS.

We got screwed and hopefully MLB hits them hard and possibly replays the 2017 WS later this month as punishment with Yanks vs Dodgers.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 11-18-2019 at 05:51 AM.

5. 2009