Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 95 of 204 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 3052
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    Lindor fills a need whereas Betts is more of a luxury.
    Yep.

**** off. Where's my title

I want Lindor Betts and Cole. All of em.

Oh I couldn’t agree more. I was making the comparison between Betts and Lindor. In my opinion, Cash isn’t going to find a trade option that beats Cole.
    I agree. I misunderstood your previous comment.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    No, imo our need is getting top of the rotation help. Lindor is the luxury.
    I completely agree, nothing is going to help this team improve especially in the playoffs like a true ace at the top of our rotation.

I was just showing an interesting trade suggestion that was brought up. I just find it rather interesting that we keep being mentioned as possible landing spots for these elite talents this winter. If we were going to make a deal for one i'd much rather get Lindor who is younger, LHed and a top 3 SS rather than Betts when we already have Judge and Stanton who aren't going anywhere.

I don't know why we keep being mentioned as a likely landing spot for Lindor, if theres something real to it or not. If we can land an ace, preferably Cole and there is an opportunity to land Lindor also without giving up Torres, Judge or Dominguez i would hope we''d be all over it. He would fill a big somewhat hole that we have being an elite LHed hitter.

I've been saying since last off season since they passed on MM that Lindor would be the one position player i'd love to see us get. His overall skills at the plate would make our lineup a hell of alot tougher IMO and would give us the best middle infield for a long time

Getting a starter thats clearly better than anyone else that we have now absolutely has to be our top priority, anything else this winter will be a huge fail IMO

I see zero benefit in them adding another guy, like a Wheeler, Ryu or Madbum thats clearly not better than Sevy, Paxton, Tanaka or German. Get an ace or go with what we have and save the money and specs just in case an elite starter becomes available during the yr IMO

We certainly don't need another mid rotation/ depth starter when we already have Sevy, Tanaka, Paxton, German, Monty, Happ with Garcia, King, Schmidt and Abreau probably being ready at some point next yr

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    In fairness, Brian, once again, slept outside in the freezing f—-ing cold for charity. He’s done a lot of things like this in his 21 years. He sucks as a GM but you cannot deny his charity work.
    It is a wonderful gesture.
    As Daniel Tosh said regarding the show "Survivor", "Only in America would we pay people to go and live, where other people already live"

If Cashman actually hangs out with homeless people and talks to them at length, finding out their stories and give help to them if they get themselves into a position that they can work, get a place to live... That's amazing.

But if he's sleeping outside in his North Face, jacket, tent, sleeping bag?

I commend anyone who actually does anything for a cause and he is. But sadly, I feel it's a bit empty and self serving.
    Yay, a bunch of rich dudes sleep out for a night on the street.

I think of a line from the Pulp song "common people"

"But still you'll never get it right
    'Cause when you're laid in bed at night
    Watching roaches climb the wall
    If you called your Dad he could stop it all, yeah"

If he's following up with these people and building relationships with them, I stand very corrected and happily so but on the surface it looks like a rich dude playing poor for 12 hours
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 11-15-2019 at 11:45 PM.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It is a wonderful gesture.
    As Daniel Tosh said regarding the show "Survivor", "Only in America would we pay people to go and live, where other people already live"

If Cashman actually hangs out with homeless people and talks to them at length, finding out their stories and give help to them if they get themselves into a position that they can work, get a place to live... That's amazing.

But if he's sleeping outside in his North Face, jacket, tent, sleeping bag?

I commend anyone who actually does anything for a cause and he is. But sadly, I feel it's a bit empty and self serving.
    Yay, a bunch of rich dudes sleep out for a night on the street.

I think of a line from the Pulp song "common people"

"But still you'll never get it right
    'Cause when you're laid in bed at night
    Watching roaches climb the wall
    If you called your Dad he could stop it all, yeah"

If he's following up with these people and building relationships with them, I stand very corrected and happily so but on the surface it looks like a rich dude playing poor for 12 hours
    I get your point and cannot believe that I’m actually going to defend Cashman here but, even one night in the NY cold has to be commended. I don’t believe Brian to be a colossal, unfeeling douche bag as a person. I gotta believe his heart is genuinely into it.

All that being said, he still sucks as a GM.
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

if you think about it we dont need anything. We got cheated possibly 3 years in a row lol. Get Rich Hill and run out the same squad 🤷

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I completely agree, nothing is going to help this team improve especially in the playoffs like a true ace at the top of our rotation.

I was just showing an interesting trade suggestion that was brought up. I just find it rather interesting that we keep being mentioned as possible landing spots for these elite talents this winter. If we were going to make a deal for one i'd much rather get Lindor who is younger, LHed and a top 3 SS rather than Betts when we already have Judge and Stanton who aren't going anywhere.

I don't know why we keep being mentioned as a likely landing spot for Lindor, if theres something real to it or not. If we can land an ace, preferably Cole and there is an opportunity to land Lindor also without giving up Torres, Judge or Dominguez i would hope we''d be all over it. He would fill a big somewhat hole that we have being an elite LHed hitter.

I've been saying since last off season since they passed on MM that Lindor would be the one position player i'd love to see us get. His overall skills at the plate would make our lineup a hell of alot tougher IMO and would give us the best middle infield for a long time

Getting a starter thats clearly better than anyone else that we have now absolutely has to be our top priority, anything else this winter will be a huge fail IMO

I see zero benefit in them adding another guy, like a Wheeler, Ryu or Madbum thats clearly not better than Sevy, Paxton, Tanaka or German. Get an ace or go with what we have and save the money and specs just in case an elite starter becomes available during the yr IMO

We certainly don't need another mid rotation/ depth starter when we already have Sevy, Tanaka, Paxton, German, Monty, Happ with Garcia, King, Schmidt and Abreau probably being ready at some point next yr
    Day, say they get Lindor.....

What about future salaries of Judge, Sanchez, Lindor, Torres, Paxton, and possibly Gerit Cole?

This isn’t the NBA where two huge high salaried players can carry a team while the rest get close to the minimum.
    My top 5 Yankee playoff teams

5. 2009

Yankees’ Brian Cashman on Clint Frazier’s future, Domingo German’s status, Miguel Andujar possibly returning to minors and more
    Today 6:13 AM

Are the Yankees exploring trade options on Clint Frazier (right) and Miguel Andujar (top left). Did Gio Urshela (bottom left) do enough this year to go into 2020 as a starter? Will Domingo German (bottom center) be suspended? GM Brian Cashman addresses all of those issues and more.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2019/11/y...-and-more.html
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Day, say they get Lindor.....

What about future salaries of Judge, Sanchez, Lindor, Torres, Paxton, and possibly Gerit Cole?

This isn’t the NBA where two huge high salaried players can carry a team while the rest get close to the minimum.
    Torres and Judge aren’t free agent for several more years and the Yankees have a lot of money coming off the books in the next few years. Now that is not to say they should spend recklessly now. I for one am not concerned about paying Sanchez a large contract. Hard pass on that one. As far as Lindor, have there been any legitimate connections between him and the Yankees? From what I have seen, it was brought up as a hypothetocal trade from one writer.

Torres and Judge aren’t free agent for several more years and the Yankees have a lot of money coming off the books in the next few years. Now that is not to say they should spend recklessly now. I for one am not concerned about paying Sanchez a large contract. Hard pass on that one. As far as Lindor, have there been any legitimate connections between him and the Yankees? From what I have seen, it was brought up as a hypothetocal trade from one writer.
    Future contracts are already a concern with Hal.
    My top 5 Yankee playoff teams

5. 2009

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Future contracts are already a concern with Hal.
    The Yanks will have up to 12 arbitration-eligible players for 2020.

Of those players, it seems all but certain (barring trades) that they will be tendering contracts and raises to eight of them: Paxton, Judge, Sanchez, Kahnle, Urshela, Green, Montgomery, and Cessa.

When you combine the expected salaries for the above players, you get $33.8 million. Add that to the $154.6 million the Yankees already have committed to payroll for 2020 and you get $188.4 million.

The luxury tax threshold for 2020 is $208 million.

https://www.sny.tv/yankees/news/here...2020/311153650

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    The Yanks will have up to 12 arbitration-eligible players for 2020.

Of those players, it seems all but certain (barring trades) that they will be tendering contracts and raises to eight of them: Paxton, Judge, Sanchez, Kahnle, Urshela, Green, Montgomery, and Cessa.

When you combine the expected salaries for the above players, you get $33.8 million. Add that to the $154.6 million the Yankees already have committed to payroll for 2020 and you get $188.4 million.

The luxury tax threshold for 2020 is $208 million.

https://www.sny.tv/yankees/news/here...2020/311153650
    Not good signs for Cole. Especially when you have to factor in another 7.5-10 for Gardner.

Does anyone see a realistic scenario where the Yankees are able to dump Happ? Even if it means eating half his salary.

Not good signs for Cole. Especially when you have to factor in another 7.5-10 for Gardner.
    If these idiots waste that money on Slappy, we deserve to lose.