Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Mavs all over that.

Straight up swap orb Hardaway Jr and Sabonis could makes sense.
    Ignoring for a sec the quality of the players, Sabonis is on a rookie contract and Hardaway makes $20M. There's no reasonable way that trade happens.

The Pacers are asking a lot for Sabonis, which is why a deal hasn't happened yet. If the money in any deal starts approaching $20M+, they can just let Sabonis hit RFA and match, then trade him after they get a full year+ of use out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Sabonis, Porzingis and Doncic European connection I would love it in Dallas
    Sabonis and Porzingis are too slow footed to play next to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Ignoring for a sec the quality of the players, Sabonis is on a rookie contract and Hardaway makes $20M. There's no reasonable way that trade happens.

The Pacers are asking a lot for Sabonis, which is why a deal hasn't happened yet. If the money in any deal starts approaching $20M+, they can just let Sabonis hit RFA and match, then trade him after they get a full year+ of use out of him.
    Well what would be considered ďa lotĒ if you have to match his 3.5 mill salary? McConnell and Mcdermott make salaries closer. Iím not sure if the pacers want to part with them though. Are the pacers able to absorb some salary in any trade scenario ? I guess theyíre looking for picks then. Boston comes to mind.

Well what would be considered ďa lotĒ if you have to match his 3.5 mill salary? McConnell and Mcdermott make salaries closer. Iím not sure if the pacers want to part with them though. Are the pacers able to absorb some salary in any trade scenario ? I guess theyíre looking for picks then. Boston comes to mind.
    I think they would move someone like McDermott but there isn't a lot of flexibility until Oladipo gets back. Due to matching requirements they can't take much more salary. Sabonis + McDermott is 10.8, so they can take back 13.5 for example. Given what we know about past trade demands around PG, I think it's very likely they want a high end guy on a rookie deal + picks.

I think they would move someone like McDermott but there isn't a lot of flexibility until Oladipo gets back. Due to matching requirements they can't take much more salary. Sabonis + McDermott is 10.8, so they can take back 13.5 for example. Given what we know about past trade demands around PG, I think it's very likely they want a high end guy on a rookie deal + picks.
    Paul George was an all NBA player. I donít think Sabonis justifies a high end guy on a rookie deal with picks. A high end player on a rookie deal is basically what Sabonis is except heís off that rookie deal next year. So what would the other teamís motivation be?

I feel like you guys could end up doing what MIL did with Brogden. You know heís not in the long term budget but thereís a window to compete so you just hold onto him for the year. Pass up the long term value of the trade return for the short term value of having a very valuable role player.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Hardaway Jr makes 18.1 mill. If the pacers would be willing to trade Sabonis, Mcdermott, & Mconnell that brings them to 14.5 mill. Leaving them having to take back 3.6 mill.

Brogdon, Oladipo, Hardaway Jr, Warren, Turner, Lamb, Leaf, Holidays

Thatís a pretty solid 8-9 man rotation. You would need to secure a back up C but other wise I think a perimeter player like Hardaway Jr could round out the roster nicely.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-21-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Paul George was an all NBA player. I donít think Sabonis justifies a high end guy on a rookie deal with picks. A high end player on a rookie deal is basically what Sabonis is except heís off that rookie deal next year. So what would the other teamís motivation be?

I feel like you guys could end up doing what MIL did with Brogden. You know heís not in the long term budget but thereís a window to compete so you just hold onto him for the year. Pass up the long term value of the trade return for the short term value of having a very valuable role player.
    I see what youíre saying. But imo they need perimeter players. With Oladipo still out for a while, beyond Lamb, they donít have much depth on the perimeter. They can utilize Warren at the 3 and Brogdon at he 2 but that leaves them thin at the 1&4 spots. I think using Sabonis as a trade chip is the best way to add a perimeter player to adress that need.

Iíd keep an eye on Boston.

-They need a big man.
    -Their negotiations have stalled with Brown. Much like the Pacers have with Sabonis.
    - Hayward is likely very much available (although harder to match his salary) making Brown the easier player to trade.
    - Brown has one year left, Sabonis has one year left on their respective contracts.
    - pacers are not in need for a big, celtics are not in need of a wing.
    - each team has a bigger need for the other player.

A Sabonis for Brown swap could make sense for both teams.

Hardaway Jr makes 18.1 mill. If the pacers would be willing to trade Sabonis, Mcdermott, & Mconnell that brings them to 14.5 mill. Leaving them having to take back 3.6 mill.

Brogdon, Oladipo, Hardaway Jr, Warren, Turner, Lamb, Leaf, Holidays

Thatís a pretty solid 8-9 man rotation. You would need to secure a back up C but other wise I think a perimeter player like Hardaway Jr could round out the roster nicely.
    McConnell is backing up 1 and 2. Hardaway isn't a player I'd create more gaps in the team for.

Iíd keep an eye on Boston.

-They need a big man.
    -Their negotiations have stalled with Brown. Much like the Pacers have with Sabonis.
    - Hayward is likely very much available (although harder to match his salary) making Brown the easier player to trade.
    - Brown has one year left, Sabonis has one year left on their respective contracts.
    - pacers are not in need for a big, celtics are not in need of a wing.
    - each team has a bigger need for the other player.

A Sabonis for Brown swap could make sense for both teams.
    This is the most likely deal I've seen. I don't like the money implications though, which is why we're shopping Sabonis in the first place.

I'd rather target Romeo Langford and Carsen Edwards if BOS were willing to do that. But the Pacers would orobably want picks too, bc they're greedy.

This is the most likely deal I've seen. I don't like the money implications though, which is why we're shopping Sabonis in the first place.

I'd rather target Romeo Langford and Carsen Edwards if BOS were willing to do that. But the Pacers would orobably want picks too, bc they're greedy.
    Do you think they should pay him or look to move him?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Do you think they should pay him or look to move him?
    Moot point now. 4yr $74.9M extension. Incentives up to $85M

Sabonis is a decent player, but he's not worth more than say $14-16M a season to a small market team like Indy, especially since he's a questionable fit and is not a starter.

He should have signed a Jonas V type contract, but this is not a massive overpay.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Sabonis is a decent player, but he's not worth more than say $14-16M a season to a small market team like Indy, especially since he's a questionable fit and is not a starter.

He should have signed a Jonas V type contract, but this is not a massive overpay.
    Jaylen Brown got $115M, Buddy Hield got $86M, $106M with incentives. Out of the 3, Sabonis so far isn't the least productive of them, though he probably has the lowest ceiling. I think it's a fair deal.

Jaylen Brown got $115M, Buddy Hield got $86M, $106M with incentives. Out of the 3, Sabonis so far isn't the least productive of them, though he probably has the lowest ceiling. I think it's a fair deal.
    He is definitely a better player then Brown and right there with Buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast