Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How do the Lions win this game?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make Kirk Cousins throw

1 33.33%
  • Stafford slang it

2 66.67%
  • Blow out officials knee

3 100.00%
  • Contain Dalvin Cook

1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Man it sucks that we have to hope our D stops them for the chance to get the ball back.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

Hideous and pathetic play call on defense. Way to tell Minnesota you are selling out for the run. It's an easy fake as they have done all day and here we go they pull it out and end this game.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Hideous and pathetic play call on defense. Way to tell Minnesota you are selling out for the run. It's an easy fake as they have done all day and here we go they pull it out and end this game.
    Letís be honest here though. They most likely would have still gotten a first running it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    Letís be honest here though. They most likely would have still gotten a first running it.
    Which is fine if they earn it but why make it easy on them? They have run the same thing at least two times day for success why do it again?

Which is fine if they earn it but why make it easy on them? They have run the same thing at least two times day for success why do it again?
    Our D just sucks. Even before this same we were at the bottom of most statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    Our D just sucks. Even before this same we were at the bottom of most statistics.
    Maybe we can start drafting athletic defenders with our high round picks? Since we are going to, likely, picking high again may I suggest Isaiah Simmons?

And actual passh rushers too. Flowers is fine, hasn't played that way, but he is not a high impact pass rusher.
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 10-20-2019 at 04:30 PM.

might have the worst pass rush in the league. do we ever get pressure?

Of course Abdullah would not fumble the returns against us.
    I'm annoyed that every single time I watch a Vikings game they ALWAYS say "former Lion Ameer Abdullah"

how long has it been since he played here? and even when the Lions aren't involved, they ALWAYS say it

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    might have the worst pass rush in the league. do we ever get pressure?
    really hard to get pressure rushing 3 guys and two of those 3 guys are run stuff DT's like Harrison and Robinson. At least we can all agree Stafford is playing a lot better than last year, I don't understand the defense at all I know a lot of the depth for rotations is out but we can't say Daniels and Hand would make that big of a difference.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2019/...oor-pass-rush/

Interest and short article about where the team is on defense, which follows along with how we saw them built the team through out the offseason and draft. They seem so obsessed with stopping the run they do not care about generating pressure at all. All that focus and they can't even do that properly.

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    really hard to get pressure rushing 3 guys and two of those 3 guys are run stuff DT's like Harrison and Robinson. At least we can all agree Stafford is playing a lot better than last year, I don't understand the defense at all I know a lot of the depth for rotations is out but we can't say Daniels and Hand would make that big of a difference.
    Play to your strengths I suppose, if a team is willing to donate an elite run stuffing DT, might as well play around him, especially when you also have an elite man coverage DB, and a human missile at LB to cover the flats or disrupt everything with a surprise blitz

sucks when the whole team is elite at getting flagged for BS and losing every 50/50 challenge and blah

Before this past week, our defensive DVOA was ranked about 13th which isn't awful. After the vikings performance we moved down to 21. Up until that game I would say our defense was playing decent. Not amazing, but not awful either. We weren't sacking the QB, but if you believe what Patricia says then that is intentional.

I was listening to the Ryen Russillo podcast today and he had Chris Long on (Normal for Monday's) and Long was talking about the bill belichik defense. He said that Bill would get upset at the players for getting tackles for loss if the player was deep behind the line of scrimage (in certain cases. Specifically against LeVeon Bell). He said that Bill's direction was to keep contain all the time. It's okay if the RB gains 1 or 2 yards. Keep contain and the RB will run into a wall.

I think that is what MP is trying to do. We were half decent at it for a few weeks too. We just weren't consistent with it. That and outside runs are KILLING us. The inside stuff isn't doing much...but teams have figured out that all you have to do is run outside and you can get around our LB core.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345