Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 990 of 1052
  1. #976
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    15,759
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    I mean maybe, he hired someone to take over the NBA side, I think they’re eyeballing the NFL next
    What are they going to do when both leagues start losing fans?

  2. #977
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    57,787
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    What are they going to do when both leagues start losing fans?
    Both sports are as popular as ever and with people completely desperate for some sort of sports entertainment I can see ratings through the roof. Baseball too..


    I saw your post earlier with the PSD front page, I can’t see that happening. Express their voice but F the police, highly unlikely

  3. #978
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    15,759
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Both sports are as popular as ever and with people completely desperate for some sort of sports entertainment I can see ratings through the roof. Baseball too..


    I saw your post earlier with the PSD front page, I can’t see that happening. Express their voice but F the police, highly unlikely
    Once you start making sports political you’re going to turn away a lot of people. The NBA ratings were already down pretty big before all of this started.

  4. #979
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    10,087
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Once you start making sports political you’re going to turn away a lot of people. The NBA ratings were already down pretty big before all of this started.
    I highly doubt sports ever fully recover. This Covid isn't going away anytime soon. Here in south Texas the pandemic is starting all over again. The virus is really bad, businesses are starting to close again, curfew is back in effect, we're getting daily emergency alerts on our phones to stay home. Texas as a whole is getting worse.

    Even when live sports do begin again, I don't see how they do it without social distancing. I don't think people will ever feel comfortable crammed up in an arena ever again.

  5. #980
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    57,787
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Once you start making sports political you’re going to turn away a lot of people. The NBA ratings were already down pretty big before all of this started.
    I get it, Lakers rating were up though , I saw even Golf ratings are up 50%. It’s a real sensitive time and I completely get your point, we’ll see what happens.

  6. #981
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    57,787
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I highly doubt sports ever fully recover. This Covid isn't going away anytime soon. Here in south Texas the pandemic is starting all over again. The virus is really bad, businesses are starting to close again, curfew is back in effect, we're getting daily emergency alerts on our phones to stay home. Texas as a whole is getting worse.

    Even when live sports do begin again, I don't see how they do it without social distancing. I don't think people will ever feel comfortable crammed up in an arena ever again.
    Whole country has been going through it, definitely been tough especially when you see other countries beating this by having the urgency and human decency to wear a mask. Idk if sports are going to just completely die and I definitely can’t see fans for any sport in the stadium this year and highly likely we can see some lockouts. I’ve never really been comfortable squeezed in with a ton of people so lol


    Just praying and hoping we can get out of this positive and better than before

  7. #982
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    538
    Ja Morant Wants Custom Jersey Name That Completely Disrespects Law Enforcement (TWEET + PIC)

    https://twitter.com/KingTyyx/status/1277086895617593346

  8. #983
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    30,942
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeShowAZ View Post
    Ja Morant Wants Custom Jersey Name That Completely Disrespects Law Enforcement (TWEET + PIC)

    https://twitter.com/KingTyyx/status/1277086895617593346
    Oh my God! Imagine someone disrespecting the police! Is this forum finally is allowing open discussion about social and political issues that affect our country and the world? Which are the new rules? Any way, Lakers all the way and I hope AB is healthy next to his family! Welcome, Smith even that I never like him, but now he is family.
    “You will never be forgotten!” Lebron and friends

  9. #984
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    30,942
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    What are they going to do when both leagues start losing fans?
    Racist fans?
    “You will never be forgotten!” Lebron and friends

  10. #985
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    30,942
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Or maybe.... "Please Giannis "
    I agree!
    “You will never be forgotten!” Lebron and friends

  11. #986
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    538
    Brandon Ingram and Lonzo Ball’s growth with Pelicans exposes Lakers’ player development woes

    To be clear: the Los Angeles Lakers should not regret trading a king’s ransom to the New Orleans Pelicans for Anthony Davis. The Lakers being the one seed in the Western Conference is more than enough merit to back their decision-making.

    Two things can be true at the same time: Davis was worth the price of admission, and the Pelicans are making the Lakers’ player development look porous in the midst of Brandon Ingram and Lonzo Ball’s growth.

    https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...es-636764.html

  12. #987
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    15,759
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Racist fans?
    That doesn’t make them racist. A lot of people don’t like it when sports start becoming political. To me, sports is an escape from all the **** that’s going on in the real world. For the few hours I’m watching a game I want to be entertained not have political statements thrown in my face the whole time. That doesn’t make me a racist.

  13. #988
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    57,787
    I mean look at all the players we drafted recently... Randle, DBLO, Wagner, Bryant, Lonzo, BI, Hart they’re all playing exceptionally well and have developed nicely on other teams in the league.

    We’ve been saying we’re not a good developing team of young talent but they have been very good at drafting: plus we’re the Lakers, it’s about Championships and tittle runs, not waiting around hoping these kids can figure it out. We would never be a contender keeping the young core. Trading for AD and having him re-sign 100-% guarantee is the Lakers way.

  14. #989
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    28,588
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    I mean look at all the players we drafted recently... Randle, DBLO, Wagner, Bryant, Lonzo, BI, Hart they’re all playing exceptionally well and have developed nicely on other teams in the league.

    We’ve been saying we’re not a good developing team of young talent but they have been very good at drafting: plus we’re the Lakers, it’s about Championships and tittle runs, not waiting around hoping these kids can figure it out. We would never be a contender keeping the young core. Trading for AD and having him re-sign 100-% guarantee is the Lakers way.
    Exactly and I'm glad we took the Lakers way again, one year later #1 in the West nuff said.

  15. #990
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    15,759

Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •