Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 148 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2345
  1. #2206
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    12,280
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    My wish is that's where we get one day - I don't believe she would be dead if she was white.


    Hell it's even been shown that with the same qualifications , black SOUNDING names are less likely to get hired lmao. It's deeply ingrained in American society.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Very true. If anything positive comes with this COVID thing is that maybe social justice awareness is spread to more white America than it ever has.

  2. #2207
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    12,280
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Body cams mandatory at all times. High quality audio and video on the cop- and surrounding the car.


    I think that would help...some

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I think I briefly mentioned this couple of weeks ago. I was in an incident at my wifeís Veterinary clinic. A client came at me to prove that he was though. He had been waiting a while and when he verbally abused one of the assistants I stepped in. He knew who I was and came at me. I had a split second decision to make not just to protect myself but also my wifeís staff. I knocked him down our steps and he couldnít get up. He was hurt. The police came and luckily both cops were parents where kids in my sons class. They had their body cams on and were talking to me. They were being pretty professional. When we were talking at some point they turned off their body cams. I was surprised about it so I asked if they could do that. They didnít answer. Both these guys have been to my house multiple times due to our kids. It was an interesting encounter. Obviously nothing like those incidences but I was surprised they just turned off their cams.

  3. #2208
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,990
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    I think I briefly mentioned this couple of weeks ago. I was in an incident at my wifeís Veterinary clinic. A client came at me to prove that he was though. He had been waiting a while and when he verbally abused one of the assistants I stepped in. He knew who I was and came at me. I had a split second decision to make not just to protect myself but also my wifeís staff. I knocked him down our steps and he couldnít get up. He was hurt. The police came and luckily both cops were parents where kids in my sons class. They had their body cams on and were talking to me. They were being pretty professional. When we were talking at some point they turned off their body cams. I was surprised about it so I asked if they could do that. They didnít answer. Both these guys have been to my house multiple times due to our kids. It was an interesting encounter. Obviously nothing like those incidences but I was surprised they just turned off their cams.
    They should immediately lose their jobs. That's the way it should be imo.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  4. #2209
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,841
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    They should immediately lose their jobs. That's the way it should be imo.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    No they shouldnít..

  5. #2210
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,990
    Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    No they shouldnít..
    Yes, no excuses for turning off their camera in the midst of an police interaction.

    When asked about it, they didn't respond - like a piece of ****.

    If anything- final warning and zero tolerance moving forward.

    Cops should be held to the highest of standards.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 05-03-2021 at 10:22 PM.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  6. #2211
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    18,759
    Off topic thread guys.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #2212
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    12,280
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Yes, no excuses for turning off their camera in the midst of an police interaction.

    When asked about it, they didn't respond - like a piece of ****.

    If anything- final warning and zero tolerance moving forward.

    Cops should be held to the highest of standards.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Guys KOU is correct. This is off topic and I perpetuated it.

  8. #2213
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,990
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Guys KOU is correct. This is off topic and I perpetuated it.
    Fair enough
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Off topic thread guys.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds good

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  9. #2214
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    15,782
    No bias:

    How do you guys think a peak Kobe would fare defensively against a peak Steph Curry?

  10. #2215
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    18,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    No bias:

    How do you guys think a peak Kobe would fare defensively against a peak Steph Curry?
    When steph is on? It doesnít matter who guards him. In the history of ever haha you canít guard a dude pulling up just inside half court and drilling it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #2216
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    15,782
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    When steph is on? It doesnít matter who guards him. In the history of ever haha you canít guard a dude pulling up just inside half court and drilling it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't know. Its been over a year but sometimes you just realize how much you miss seeing someone like Kobe on the floor doing what he does best. Behind all the achievements, awards, and milestones I'll always remember him as the ultimate competitor.

    https://twitter.com/kobehighlight/st...85719871918080
    https://twitter.com/balldontstop/sta...53748380164102
    Last edited by Mave1002; 05-09-2021 at 10:12 AM.

  12. #2217
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    I don't know. Its been over a year but sometimes you just realize how much you miss seeing someone like Kobe on the floor doing what he does best. Behind all the achievements, awards, and milestones I'll always remember him as the ultimate competitor.

    https://twitter.com/kobehighlight/st...85719871918080
    https://twitter.com/balldontstop/sta...53748380164102
    Kobe was the ultimate competitor

  13. #2218
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    15,782
    NBA Retweet@RTNBA8m
    Kevin Love tonight:

    30 points
    14 rebounds
    6/9 3PM
    W vs Boston

    WHATT???

  14. #2219
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    15,782
    Regarding Bird Rights (Alex Caruso -- current salary $2,750,000)
    -Only limit in place is the max salary the player can receive, be it 25 percent of the cap, 30 percent of the cap or 35 percent of the cap. For a recent example, just observe how star Denver Nuggets big man Nikola Jokic went from earning the minimum in 2017-18 ($1.5 million) to earning the max in 2018-19 ($25.5 million).


    Regarding Early Bird Rights (Talen Horton-Tucker -- current salary $1,208,146)
    -Allow teams to pay players either 175 percent of his previous salary or 104.5 percent of the average league salary, whichever is higher. (The latter is in place to protect players coming off minimum deals.) Hence, in the former scenario, a player coming off a two-year deal where each year was worth $10 million can be re-signed to a contract where the first year is worth up to $17.5 million, i.e. 175 percent of the previous salary, if the team wants to go over the cap when re-signing said player.

    This accurate, guys? I'm still trying to understand the cap so feel free to correct me. Basically, how I understand it is that the Lakers can re-sign both these guys even if they go over the cap?

    References
    https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-age...ngeles-lakers/
    https://hoopshype.com/2018/10/10/nba-bird-rights/

  15. #2220
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Regarding Bird Rights (Alex Caruso -- current salary $2,750,000)
    -Only limit in place is the max salary the player can receive, be it 25 percent of the cap, 30 percent of the cap or 35 percent of the cap. For a recent example, just observe how star Denver Nuggets big man Nikola Jokic went from earning the minimum in 2017-18 ($1.5 million) to earning the max in 2018-19 ($25.5 million).


    Regarding Early Bird Rights (Talen Horton-Tucker -- current salary $1,208,146)
    -Allow teams to pay players either 175 percent of his previous salary or 104.5 percent of the average league salary, whichever is higher. (The latter is in place to protect players coming off minimum deals.) Hence, in the former scenario, a player coming off a two-year deal where each year was worth $10 million can be re-signed to a contract where the first year is worth up to $17.5 million, i.e. 175 percent of the previous salary, if the team wants to go over the cap when re-signing said player.

    This accurate, guys? I'm still trying to understand the cap so feel free to correct me. Basically, how I understand it is that the Lakers can re-sign both these guys even if they go over the cap?

    References
    https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-age...ngeles-lakers/
    https://hoopshype.com/2018/10/10/nba-bird-rights/
    True we can go over the cap with both players. Good thing THT is a RFA and we can match any offer sheet he signs, bad thing though that he can sign a 4/80.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •