Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 148 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2345
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    My wish is that's where we get one day - I don't believe she would be dead if she was white.

Hell it's even been shown that with the same qualifications , black SOUNDING names are less likely to get hired lmao. It's deeply ingrained in American society.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Very true. If anything positive comes with this COVID thing is that maybe social justice awareness is spread to more white America than it ever has.

Body cams mandatory at all times. High quality audio and video on the cop- and surrounding the car.

I think that would help...some

I think I briefly mentioned this couple of weeks ago. I was in an incident at my wifeís Veterinary clinic. A client came at me to prove that he was though. He had been waiting a while and when he verbally abused one of the assistants I stepped in. He knew who I was and came at me. I had a split second decision to make not just to protect myself but also my wifeís staff. I knocked him down our steps and he couldnít get up. He was hurt. The police came and luckily both cops were parents where kids in my sons class. They had their body cams on and were talking to me. They were being pretty professional. When we were talking at some point they turned off their body cams. I was surprised about it so I asked if they could do that. They didnít answer. Both these guys have been to my house multiple times due to our kids. It was an interesting encounter. Obviously nothing like those incidences but I was surprised they just turned off their cams.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    I think I briefly mentioned this couple of weeks ago. I was in an incident at my wifeís Veterinary clinic. A client came at me to prove that he was though. He had been waiting a while and when he verbally abused one of the assistants I stepped in. He knew who I was and came at me. I had a split second decision to make not just to protect myself but also my wifeís staff. I knocked him down our steps and he couldnít get up. He was hurt. The police came and luckily both cops were parents where kids in my sons class. They had their body cams on and were talking to me. They were being pretty professional. When we were talking at some point they turned off their body cams. I was surprised about it so I asked if they could do that. They didnít answer. Both these guys have been to my house multiple times due to our kids. It was an interesting encounter. Obviously nothing like those incidences but I was surprised they just turned off their cams.
    They should immediately lose their jobs. That's the way it should be imo.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

They should immediately lose their jobs. That's the way it should be imo.

No they shouldnít..

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    No they shouldnít..
    Yes, no excuses for turning off their camera in the midst of an police interaction.

When asked about it, they didn't respond - like a piece of ****.

If anything- final warning and zero tolerance moving forward.

Cops should be held to the highest of standards.

Last edited by blams; 05-03-2021 at 10:22 PM.

Click here to register!

Off topic thread guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, no excuses for turning off their camera in the midst of an police interaction.

When asked about it, they didn't respond - like a piece of ****.

If anything- final warning and zero tolerance moving forward.

Cops should be held to the highest of standards.

Guys KOU is correct. This is off topic and I perpetuated it.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Guys KOU is correct. This is off topic and I perpetuated it.
    Fair enough
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Off topic thread guys.

Sounds good

Click here to register!

No bias:

How do you guys think a peak Kobe would fare defensively against a peak Steph Curry?

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    No bias:

How do you guys think a peak Kobe would fare defensively against a peak Steph Curry?
    When steph is on? It doesnít matter who guards him. In the history of ever haha you canít guard a dude pulling up just inside half court and drilling it.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    When steph is on? It doesnít matter who guards him. In the history of ever haha you canít guard a dude pulling up just inside half court and drilling it.

I don't know. Its been over a year but sometimes you just realize how much you miss seeing someone like Kobe on the floor doing what he does best. Behind all the achievements, awards, and milestones I'll always remember him as the ultimate competitor.

https://twitter.com/kobehighlight/st...85719871918080
    https://twitter.com/balldontstop/sta...53748380164102
    Last edited by Mave1002; 05-09-2021 at 10:12 AM.

I don't know. Its been over a year but sometimes you just realize how much you miss seeing someone like Kobe on the floor doing what he does best. Behind all the achievements, awards, and milestones I'll always remember him as the ultimate competitor.

https://twitter.com/kobehighlight/st...85719871918080
    https://twitter.com/balldontstop/sta...53748380164102
    Kobe was the ultimate competitor

NBA Retweet@RTNBA8m
    Kevin Love tonight:

30 points
    14 rebounds
    6/9 3PM
    W vs Boston

WHATT???

Regarding Bird Rights (Alex Caruso -- current salary $2,750,000)
    -Only limit in place is the max salary the player can receive, be it 25 percent of the cap, 30 percent of the cap or 35 percent of the cap. For a recent example, just observe how star Denver Nuggets big man Nikola Jokic went from earning the minimum in 2017-18 ($1.5 million) to earning the max in 2018-19 ($25.5 million).

Regarding Early Bird Rights (Talen Horton-Tucker -- current salary $1,208,146)
    -Allow teams to pay players either 175 percent of his previous salary or 104.5 percent of the average league salary, whichever is higher. (The latter is in place to protect players coming off minimum deals.) Hence, in the former scenario, a player coming off a two-year deal where each year was worth $10 million can be re-signed to a contract where the first year is worth up to $17.5 million, i.e. 175 percent of the previous salary, if the team wants to go over the cap when re-signing said player.

This accurate, guys? I'm still trying to understand the cap so feel free to correct me. Basically, how I understand it is that the Lakers can re-sign both these guys even if they go over the cap?

References
    https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-age...ngeles-lakers/
    https://hoopshype.com/2018/10/10/nba-bird-rights/

Regarding Bird Rights (Alex Caruso -- current salary $2,750,000)
    -Only limit in place is the max salary the player can receive, be it 25 percent of the cap, 30 percent of the cap or 35 percent of the cap. For a recent example, just observe how star Denver Nuggets big man Nikola Jokic went from earning the minimum in 2017-18 ($1.5 million) to earning the max in 2018-19 ($25.5 million).

Regarding Early Bird Rights (Talen Horton-Tucker -- current salary $1,208,146)
    -Allow teams to pay players either 175 percent of his previous salary or 104.5 percent of the average league salary, whichever is higher. (The latter is in place to protect players coming off minimum deals.) Hence, in the former scenario, a player coming off a two-year deal where each year was worth $10 million can be re-signed to a contract where the first year is worth up to $17.5 million, i.e. 175 percent of the previous salary, if the team wants to go over the cap when re-signing said player.

This accurate, guys? I'm still trying to understand the cap so feel free to correct me. Basically, how I understand it is that the Lakers can re-sign both these guys even if they go over the cap?

References
    https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-age...ngeles-lakers/
    https://hoopshype.com/2018/10/10/nba-bird-rights/
    True we can go over the cap with both players. Good thing THT is a RFA and we can match any offer sheet he signs, bad thing though that he can sign a 4/80.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"