Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 147 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2345
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Since Male lions are lazy yeah it matches way better with our team...
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Lol like our defense as of late.
    This

They are trained if they pull out their side arms and fire it is for lethal reasons. Reason for that is that when a person is as full of adrenaline as that girl was, a shot to the leg or arm would not even stop her. It wouldn’t phase her. I know that from experience fwiw. Not that I am on the police side but just giving you guys that perspective. It is obvious that police reform is much much needed. Now show some footage of some white dude getting shot in a similar circumstance then maybe things will be evened out a bit. Ok that was dark but you guys get my point.
    You have pretty good points here

Lol like our defense as of late.
    Yep

They are trained if they pull out their side arms and fire it is for lethal reasons. Reason for that is that when a person is as full of adrenaline as that girl was, a shot to the leg or arm would not even stop her. It wouldn’t phase her. I know that from experience fwiw. Not that I am on the police side but just giving you guys that perspective. It is obvious that police reform is much much needed. Now show some footage of some white dude getting shot in a similar circumstance then maybe things will be evened out a bit. Ok that was dark but you guys get my point.
    Thanks for addressing this, I was coming to say pretty much this. Not talking about this incident in particular but it's a good example. We're talking maybe a second this cop had to make a decision. And it wasn't as if Ma'Khia was standing still, she was moving around and had cocked her hand back to stab the other girl. We really expect a cop to discern the situation, realize he needed to shoot this girl, pinpoint a non lethal spot and shoot her there while she was moving around all in 1 sec?

We must think all cops are DeadShot from the Suicide Squad. They put "Polices Needed" flyers in unemployment offices lol.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Thanks for addressing this, I was coming to say pretty much this. Not talking about this incident in particular but it's a good example. We're talking maybe a second this cop had to make a decision. And it wasn't as if Ma'Khia was standing still, she was moving around and had cocked her hand back to stab the other girl. We really expect a cop to discern the situation, realize he needed to shoot this girl, pinpoint a non lethal spot and shoot her there while she was moving around all in 1 sec?

We must think all cops are DeadShot from the Suicide Squad. They put "Polices Needed" flyers in unemployment offices lol.
    That's the problem, cops should be way above regular people or at least well trained to become ones.

That's the problem, cops should be way above regular people or at least well trained to become ones.
    I'm not taking sides but stating facts. More/better training requires more time and money. It's sad to say but with crime as high as it is it's hard to come up with the time to properly train these guys/girls.

Also take into fact that it isn't cool to be a cop. I was raised in a family that all cops were bad. Don't even say hi to a cop, and for the longest time I grew up with that mentality. I've had my fare share of run ins with the cops and guess what, it was always when I was doing something illegal. It's very rare when a cop just goes and kills somebody (no matter the race) just because. I'm with LF85 when he said, "How about people just stop committing crimes."

Doesn't matter what led to a cop killing someone (well, of course it does but that isn't my point). They're the one that should be treated like a prospective criminal, rather than the person that is dead - sometimes due to the cops actions.

Even with clear video showing a mistake by a cop they get off most of the time.

Imagine how often they aren't on video.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 05-02-2021 at 09:09 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Lol. I’ve spoken to a few police friends about this and they have shared their thoughts on these types of split second decisions. I feel that this situation is very different from George Floyd situation. Two of my close police friends admitted that was murder, plain and simple and that cop should not be employed as one. I really wonder if this girl was white if she would have been killed or not. Food for thought. My wish is I hope so.

Lol. I’ve spoken to a few police friends about this and they have shared their thoughts on these types of split second decisions. I feel that this situation is very different from George Floyd situation. Two of my close police friends admitted that was murder, plain and simple and that cop should not be employed as one. I really wonder if this girl was white if she would have been killed or not. Food for thought. My wish is I hope so.
    My wish is that's where we get one day - I don't believe she would be dead if she was white.

Hell it's even been shown that with the same qualifications , black SOUNDING names are less likely to get hired lmao. It's deeply ingrained in American society.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Doesn't matter what led to a cop killing someone (well, of course it does but that isn't my point). They're the one that should be treated like a prospective criminal, rather than the person that is dead - sometimes due to the cops actions.

Even with clear video showing a mistake by a cop they get off most of the time.

Imagine how often they aren't on video.

Slippery slope whichever way go. Go too much in this direction and even less people will want to be cops. Especially the more qualified ones. Then what?

Slippery slope whichever way go. Go too much in this direction and even less people will want to be cops. Especially the more qualified ones. Then what?
    Body cams mandatory at all times. High quality audio and video on the cop- and surrounding the car.

I think that would help...some

Last edited by blams; 05-02-2021 at 09:40 PM.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Body cams mandatory at all times. High quality audio and video on the cop- and surrounding the car.

I think that would help...some

Helps keeping cops more accountable but how does that help making people want to be policemen again? If anything IMO it'll discourage them. Their job is already hard enough but now their every move will be under a microscope. In a life or death situation they now have to worry about their own freedom if they make any mistake. Their every move dissected by people who aren't cops and are trying to make a name for themselves by taking down cops on a technicality. Who wants that?

Makes me think of the movie "A Few Good Men" when Jack says no one wants to do their job to protect the country but all want to tell them how to do their job.

You have pretty good points here
    Not exactly the same, but some get away and cover by the police. Get a bottle of water and thanks for helping!
    https://youtu.be/_aKH7P3q51U
    Soon to be seen together!

I'm not taking sides but stating facts. More/better training requires more time and money. It's sad to say but with crime as high as it is it's hard to come up with the time to properly train these guys/girls.

Also take into fact that it isn't cool to be a cop. I was raised in a family that all cops were bad. Don't even say hi to a cop, and for the longest time I grew up with that mentality. I've had my fare share of run ins with the cops and guess what, it was always when I was doing something illegal. It's very rare when a cop just goes and kills somebody (no matter the race) just because. I'm with LF85 when he said, "How about people just stop committing crimes."
    If a country like yours can't train well cops then you're all screwed big time. And I'm not sure all the people who got killed by cops commited crimes, and that's about those I'm talking about.

If a country like yours can't train well cops then you're all screwed big time. And I'm not sure all the people who got killed by cops commited crimes, and that's about those I'm talking about.
    US is a microwave country, we want everything right now ASAP. Schools also want high graduation rates and money of course, so as long as you're not late on tuition fees you're already half way to graduating.