Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 108 of 125 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1873
    Quote Originally Posted by LakerPride View Post
    Problem with Schroder is most of the time is he is always looking to score and not facilitate. If he just has the mindset of Rondo but with offensive firepower, there is no stopping this Lakers team. There is an argument here about Ricky Rubio and DS. I agree with the argument that we need a PG that has the mindset to facilitate more than to score. DS dribbles too much sometime
    Ricky Rubio is nowhere near the shooter or defender that Dennis Schroeder is. That is a fact.

And Iím fine with DS dribbling. 90% of the time all the dribbling leads to him going to the cup and he usually converts on the layup or gets to the line. And he confuses the hell out of the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    As long as you got talent like that you can spread it out and pick which one have the advantage. You dont need both depth and stars. You can win with a heavy dose of star power taking the bulk of shots. Kobe/Shaq or you can have depth balance attack. Its not like 3 guys vs 5 other players that is not known will step up. If you were talking about Ingram and K love i here you but you are talking About Durant/Harden and the guy who i think should sacrifice his ball dominance Kyrie. One would be crazy to sleep on this team. As far as fire power being over rated we saw GSW toyed with the league even being under sized.
    For the regular season sure. Maybe 2k.

All factors considered though, any contender needs depth for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    Ricky Rubio is nowhere near the shooter or defender that Dennis Schroeder is. That is a fact.

And Iím fine with DS dribbling. 90% of the time all the dribbling leads to him going to the cup and he usually converts on the layup or gets to the line. And he confuses the hell out of the defense.
    https://twitter.com/vkillem/status/1350564202453221378

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...24872633643009

I think KD/Harden are seriously from the same gene pool. Easy route it is. Watch em break it up after not winning this year I can almost guarantee it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    For the regular season sure. Maybe 2k.

All factors considered though, any contender needs depth for the playoffs.
    Not really i think its the opposite. The rotation shortens in the playoffs. As you can see we played MCgee in every game in which he started and got no playing time in the playoffs where the closing unit played a lot more.

Nawh i like Dennis and i dont think he over dribbles. Would i trade him for Lavine? yes. But i do like Dennis however. i like the length of both Zack and Pope length and shooting with Lebron playing point.

Harrell
    Davis
    Lebron(pg)
    Pope
    Lavine

or

Harrell
    Davis
    Lebron
    Lavine
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...24872633643009

I think KD/Harden are seriously from the same gene pool. Easy route it is. Watch em break it up after not winning this year I can almost guarantee it lol
    highly unlikely this may not be the year for them. Next year when they have time to put the pieces together and learn to play with each other will be their potential. They have a shot to win this year to but health, chemistry and Lakers will be resistance.

Nets are gonna be scary for years now that they have Harden. He will be the engine for that team. Not kd.

Still think they won't make the finals this year.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Nets are gonna be scary for years now that they have Harden. He will be the engine for that team. Not kd.

Still think they won't make the finals this year.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Who you got beating them? If Kyrie get his head in the game players that get cut will go there.

Great move for DS

Knicks beat Celtics by 30

105-75

Quote Originally Posted by LakerPride View Post
    Problem with Schroder is most of the time is he is always looking to score and not facilitate. If he just has the mindset of Rondo but with offensive firepower, there is no stopping this Lakers team. There is an argument here about Ricky Rubio and DS. I agree with the argument that we need a PG that has the mindset to facilitate more than to score. DS dribbles too much sometime
    I'm the one that mentioned a Shroder for Rubio trade, and that was before the season started. Now that I've seen Shroder play I'm even more on the the trade Shroder mindset. Minny would have to add more though in the Rubio for Shroder idea. Rubio is having a bad year in Minny. Rubio, McDaniels & 2021 2nd (should be top 5 second) for Shroder and McKinnie and I'd do it.

Rubio is having a bad year in Minny but I don't think there's much he can do. He's playing with a bunch of me 1st stat watchers. They all want to go 1 on 1 totally negating Rubios play-making. They'd rather look good in losing rather then self sacrificing and winning. Put Rubio on our team 1st team concept and IMO he'd raise the game of all our role players.

Why I would trade Shroder though but not necessarily for Rubio? He's had a handful of good games but nothing really that says we needed him to win. When on the court with both AD and LBJ he looks pretty average. Half his stats come in garbage time when AD has called it a night. And when he begins to pile up stats it's and inefficient manner. He's shooting below league average overall and from 3 point.

AD has really impressed me this season. Last season he knew eyes were on him and he played with a chip on his shoulder. He played big every game. Could even be mistaken for stat padding. This season it's obvious he's coasting, he's not worried about individual awards. I get a championship above all else mindset from him. He plays until the game is in the bag then sits, no need to stay in the game. Good thing for Shroder, imagine Shroders stats if AD played with the same chip on his shoulder as last season? No way would Shroder have been content IMO.

Back to Shroder, I agree he dribbles too much. Especially when AD sits, even more so when both AD and LBJ sit. Then, to me, looks like he's stat padding in his contract year. Inefficiently. He already turned down a 2 year $33 million extension, how much money is he looking for? Is he even better then Reggie Jackson or Jeff Teague? Both players signed for league minimums this past off-season. This is why I would look into moving Shroder for the right deal of course, IMO he can be replaced very cheaply with Reggie Jackson.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Brooklyn looks pretty tough, they beat the bucks basically playing one on one street ball. They can win these type of games in the regular season on pure talent alone, but it will be interesting how they pan out. We will see how their line up looks come playoff time.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I'm the one that mentioned a Shroder for Rubio trade, and that was before the season started. Now that I've seen Shroder play I'm even more on the the trade Shroder mindset. Minny would have to add more though in the Rubio for Shroder idea. Rubio is having a bad year in Minny. Rubio, McDaniels & 2021 2nd (should be top 5 second) for Shroder and McKinnie and I'd do it.

Rubio is having a bad year in Minny but I don't think there's much he can do. He's playing with a bunch of me 1st stat watchers. They all want to go 1 on 1 totally negating Rubios play-making. They'd rather look good in losing rather then self sacrificing and winning. Put Rubio on our team 1st team concept and IMO he'd raise the game of all our role players.

Why I would trade Shroder though but not necessarily for Rubio? He's had a handful of good games but nothing really that says we needed him to win. When on the court with both AD and LBJ he looks pretty average. Half his stats come in garbage time when AD has called it a night. And when he begins to pile up stats it's and inefficient manner. He's shooting below league average overall and from 3 point.

AD has really impressed me this season. Last season he knew eyes were on him and he played with a chip on his shoulder. He played big every game. Could even be mistaken for stat padding. This season it's obvious he's coasting, he's not worried about individual awards. I get a championship above all else mindset from him. He plays until the game is in the bag then sits, no need to stay in the game. Good thing for Shroder, imagine Shroders stats if AD played with the same chip on his shoulder as last season? No way would Shroder have been content IMO.

Back to Shroder, I agree he dribbles too much. Especially when AD sits, even more so when both AD and LBJ sit. Then, to me, looks like he's stat padding in his contract year. Inefficiently. He already turned down a 2 year $33 million extension, how much money is he looking for? Is he even better then Reggie Jackson or Jeff Teague? Both players signed for league minimums this past off-season. This is why I would look into moving Shroder for the right deal of course, IMO he can be replaced very cheaply with Reggie Jackson.
    agree. he still has a long way to go in terms of decision making.
    Also, Lakers have caruso who plays better with LBJ and AD
    DS should come off the bench. that is where his scoring is needed more.

Quote Originally Posted by suffer2peace View Post
    Brooklyn looks pretty tough, they beat the bucks basically playing one on one street ball. They can win these type of games in the regular season on pure talent alone, but it will be interesting how they pan out. We will see how their line up looks come playoff time.
    Well, the Cavs just kicked their super a r s!
    Lebron is the one!