Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Iíll be at the game! Anyone else going? Lets grab a beer

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Good thing is: after the clippers game our schedule is pretty easy for a while so there will be some games we win just because of our talent.
    Yeah, looking at the first 20 games of the season, other than the first game against the Clips, who do we lose to? Maybe one of games 14 and 15 at OKC -- but there's a three-day break between games?

With GS out of the picture, and Kawhi out of Toronto, and even George's injury, our team is suddenly looking dominant. If we stay healthy, we get off to a very strong start this year.

(First time in forever.)

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso Nation View Post
    Yeah, looking at the first 20 games of the season, other than the first game against the Clips, who do we lose to? Maybe one of games 14 and 15 at OKC -- but there's a three-day break between games?

With GS out of the picture, and Kawhi out of Toronto, and even George's injury, our team is suddenly looking dominant. If we stay healthy, we get off to a very strong start this year.

(First time in forever.)
    Yeah that's my expectation too, it would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Storch View Post
    Iíll be at the game! Anyone else going? Lets grab a beer
    Lucky man!

I will be fckin' pumped up on tuesday night! Lakers basketball is back guys!!!

we'll see if the Lakers can squeak out a win here

(First time in forever.)
    Itís not about the other teams that the lakers are playing. Any time you have a complete reconstruction of a team like the lakers have just had, a lot of times those teams are inconsistent to start the season. Last year the lakers schedule wasnít hard to start the season either and they were very inconsistent, sometimes they looked like the best in the league and sometimes they looked like a lottery team. It just takes a little time for everything to click, thatís all.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Itís not about the other teams that the lakers are playing. Any time you have a complete reconstruction of a team like the lakers have just had, a lot of times those teams are inconsistent to start the season. Last year the lakers schedule wasnít hard to start the season either and they were very inconsistent, sometimes they looked like the best in the league and sometimes they looked like a lottery team. It just takes a little time for everything to click, thatís all.
    Except the talent level this year is way higher and our team is deeper and more experienced, it doesn't guarantee wins but with this team even when we'll play bad I think we will be able to put some wins.

I think back to when Cleveland was sweeping through the east playoffs and Tristan Thompson was putting in all kinds of crazy work on the offensive boards. He was literally the best offensive rebounder in the game. He was a big factor because of his offensive rebounds and overall aggressiveness on the boards period. Then when they got to the nba finals against the warriors, Bogut dominated him on the glass and he dissapered do to the length disparity and size.

Now the Lakers are super long and athletic with there bigs but the clippers have a similar but better player who reminds me of Tristan in stature and that is 6í8 Montrezl Harrell.

I am really going to be paying attention at his affective ness against the Lakers length. Iím hoping they can make him a shell of himself due to the fact they are just so much taller and longer just as I saw Tristan get diminished by height as well.

I think if Lakers can make Harrell look and feel small out there, it will go a long way to dominating this matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    I think back to when Cleveland was sweeping through the east playoffs and Tristan Thompson was putting in all kinds of crazy work on the offensive boards. He was literally the best offensive rebounder in the game. He was a big factor because of his offensive rebounds and overall aggressiveness on the boards period. Then when they got to the nba finals against the warriors, Bogut dominated him on the glass and he dissapered do to the length disparity and size.

Now the Lakers are super long and athletic with there bigs but the clippers have a similar but better player who reminds me of Tristan in stature and that is 6í8 Montrezl Harrell.

I am really going to be paying attention at his affective ness against the Lakers length. Iím hoping they can make him a shell of himself due to the fact they are just so much taller and longer just as I saw Tristan get diminished by height as well.

I think if Lakers can make Harrell look and feel small out there, it will go a long way to dominating this matchup.
    Just like Bynum-Gasol did to Boozer

List of the 15 best players in the league

LeBron at 3 and AD at 6

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/...j15m6duphb1vgl

Finally some meaningful games are here. Just remember guys, the lakers will probably be inconsistent to start just because itís a very new team. Some days they may look like the best team in the league and other days they may look lost, itís a very long season tho so tons of time to work things out.
    +1

Takes a while to gel and play to their potential as a team.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by LakeShowAZ View Post
    +1
    2004 Lakers started 18-3, and it was a brand new team assembled during the summer except for Kobe & Shaq.

(First time in forever.)
    Yep. We might have a record similar to the 2004 Lakers. Hope it doesnít end that way.

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast