Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Yah, I don't agree at all. Siakam ad Freddy won't have to perform that well every night to be a mid-range team in the East. Players like Gasol, Lowry and the bench will have nights where they aren't terrible shooters and pick up the slack a bit on offense.
    Lol “Siakam and Freddy have to average 30 ppg a night for us to have a chance of being a higher seed than the Wizards, Hornets, Cavs, Knicks, Bulls, Hawks, Pistons, Magic, Heat”

Philly & Milwaukee are the favs to come out of the east. Boston’s front court defence is a joke. The only other team that will be competing in the east is the Pacers depending on when Oladipo returns, same as the Nets with Durant. Even with no Kawhi or Green Raps can easily finish top 3-4. It’s just a matter of staying healthy. I know you know, this is more so for our friend TG11

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Lol “Siakam and Freddy have to average 30 ppg a night for us to have a chance of being a higher seed than the Wizards, Hornets, Cavs, Knicks, Bulls, Hawks, Pistons, Magic, Heat”

Philly & Milwaukee are the favs to come out of the east. Boston’s front court defence is a joke. The only other team that will be competing in the east is the Pacers depending on when Oladipo returns, same as the Nets with Durant. Even with no Kawhi or Green Raps can easily finish top 3-4. It’s just a matter of staying healthy. I know you know, this is more so for our friend TG11
    Oh, i realize where this is directed. I'm curious about the Magic this year, given the way the finished last year. Heat and Brooklyn got better, but I don't expect Durant back this year and Heat are still a middle tier playoff team in my mind (they are probably around where we are IMO - if I were to put money down, I'd say Miami 3, TO 4).

Pacers lost Bogdonavic, Collison and Young, with Oladipo still returning from injury. I'm a big Brogdon fan, but it is a lot to make up for.

Milwaukee lost Brogdon.

Philly looks really good, but losing Butler and Reddick will hurt. I still think their success relies on Embiid's health and Simmons' shooting.

Boston lost Horford, Morris and Irving while gaining Walker. They need lots of internal development.

There is so much uncertainty in the East this year. I love this proven core that feels like it has something to prove.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 10-23-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Oh, i realize where this is directed. I'm curious about the Magic this year, given the way the finished last year. Heat and Brooklyn got better, but I don't expect Durant back this year and Heat are still a middle tier playoff team in my mind (they are probably around where we are IMO - if I were to put money down, I'd say Miami 3, TO 4).

Pacers lost Bogdonavic, Collison and Young, with Oladipo still returning from injury. I'm a big Brogdon fan, but it is a lot to make up for.

Milwaukee lost Brogdon.

Philly looks really good, but losing Butler and Reddick will hurt. I still think their success relies on Embiid's health and Simmons' shooting.

Boston lost Horford, Morris and Irving while gaining Walker. They need lots of internal development.

There is so much uncertainty in the East this year. I love this proven core that feels like it has something to prove.
    I’m not gonna lie I was in favour of a rebuild. But you guys convinced me this team is still worth while to move forward with. The the east being so weak and the raptors still playing hard defence and moving the ball as well as they do, they have as good a chance as any team. Then only teams that look better are Philly and Milwaukee. I think we can give them a run for their money in the post season.

Siakam looking like he is going to be worth every penny of that extension. Two games, two 30+ point performances with solid outside shooting. He and FVV are hungry AF. Lowry always gives you 110% and NN has done a good job setting the tone early for the new guys that they will need to play hard on both ends of the floor or you won't play.

Speaking of new guys, did anyone else notice how effing jacked/shredded Stanley Johnson is? That guy looks like he's in the best shape of his life and ready to compete for minutes at SF.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Siakam looking like he is going to be worth every penny of that extension. Two games, two 30+ point performances with solid outside shooting. He and FVV are hungry AF. Lowry always gives you 110% and NN has done a good job setting the tone early for the new guys that they will need to play hard on both ends of the floor or you won't play.

Speaking of new guys, did anyone else notice how effing jacked/shredded Stanley Johnson is? That guy looks like he's in the best shape of his life and ready to compete for minutes at SF.
    I've been disappointed by Johnson so far. His handle is bad for SF and he fouls too much. Hope our development staff can make some progress with him.

Nurse needs to loosen up the rotations soon though. It's tough for Stanley right now because he doesn't have a lot room for error. I do like that he was aggressive with his shot. It would be great if he can find his niche with the Raptors because his defense is really good.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post

I just wish he would stop handling the ball like a guard. He hasn't been able to shift the defender off the dribble and has found himself in trouble with the ball.

However, he's definitely looked good. It's nice to see the jumper falling.

“It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Nurse needs to loosen up the rotations soon though. It's tough for Stanley right now because he doesn't have a lot room for error. I do like that he was aggressive with his shot. It would be great if he can find his niche with the Raptors because his defense is really good.

I don't know. 3 turnovers and leaving your feet on pump fakes twice sending the other team to the line is a lot of error in just 5 minutes.

I thought Matt Thomas actually looked pretty good last night.

I don't know. 3 turnovers and leaving your feet on pump fakes twice sending the other team to the line is a lot of error in just 5 minutes.

I thought Matt Thomas actually looked pretty good last night.
    To me that just him pressing. He won't find his comfort zone with spot minutes. I realize it's about time and score but the main rotation will be gassed out if they are playing heavy minutes all season. Lowry can't be playing 40 minutes imo.

Last edited by aman_13; 10-27-2019 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    To me that just him pressing. He won't find his comfort zone with spot minutes. I realize it's about time and score but the main rotation will be gassed out if they are playing heavy minutes all season. Lowry can't be playing 40 minutes imo.

I definitely agree with the bolded. We know the Top 7 is set, but if you were to give a longer leash to a 8,9,10, who are your 3?

It looks like Siakam actually has a pull up jumper now. He's also been one of the best free throw shooters in the NBA so far. I have faith the fouls and turnovers will go down a bit as the season goes on but the uptick in both is kind of expected. Just not this much.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

He ballin out

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    It looks like Siakam actually has a pull up jumper now. He's also been one of the best free throw shooters in the NBA so far. I have faith the fouls and turnovers will go down a bit as the season goes on but the uptick in both is kind of expected. Just not this much.
    The efficiency is encouraging. I think most expected a big dip given that Kawhi isn't drawing attention away from him anymore and he has become a focal point. But 43% from 3pt land, 48% from the field and 96% from the free throw line are exceptional percentages for someone with his usage. Just needs to cut down on the turnovers a bit. He has had an impressive start.

The efficiency is encouraging. I think most expected a big dip given that Kawhi isn't drawing attention away from him anymore and he has become a focal point. But 43% from 3pt land, 48% from the field and 96% from the free throw line are exceptional percentages for someone with his usage. Just needs to cut down on the turnovers a bit. He has had an impressive start.
    The 3pt% and FT% I see coming down. If he gives us 35% from 3 and 85% from the stripe then he's a legitimate superstar. I think he can do both.

Offensively the only thing he needs to work on now is really just a crossover. He has some nice moves in the post but doesn't really have any good dribble moves to penetrate with aside from that spin move. He's improved in every aspect of his game offensively and it looks like he's still getting better. It's so strange seeing a player who's so herky jerky with the ball have such soft hands around the basket. His game doesn't look smooth at all but then when it comes to finishing around the bucket that all changes. Honestly, the sky's the limit for Pascal.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

He be ballin out...I mean he was given max money so of course he has added incentive

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast