Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 61
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,763

    Siakam Signs 4yr, 130 million extension

    https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...max-extension/



    The Toronto Raptors and rising star Pascal Siakam have agreed to a four-year, $130-million max contract extension, Sportsnetís Michael Grange has confirmed.

    According to The Athleticís Shams Charania, the extension does not include any player or team options.

    ESPNís Adrian Wojnarowski was the first to report the deal.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,435
    Good for Siakam! This takes them out for next year's FA. 2021 is the target.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    47,105
    Well deserved

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    24,685
    From 2.35 mill to 32.5 mill per year ... that deserves a ric flair Woooooooooooooo

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    20,735
    Very happy to see Siakam get paid. Especially because itís by the Raps.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    7,615
    Glad to see him locked up for next 4 years. Now just get the freak over here and we are set.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    7,615
    Also I donít understand people criticizing the deal in other places. If raptors donít pay him, someone will.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    20,735
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Also I donít understand people criticizing the deal in other places. If raptors donít pay him, someone will.
    Outside of Raptor fans nobody knew who he was going into the post season. I assume barely anyone saw him progress during the regular season. He progressed so much with his playmaking, dribble moves and shooting for a 3rd year player. He's not done improving and I agree that another team would've maxed him.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,381
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Outside of Raptor fans nobody knew who he was going into the post season. I assume barely anyone saw him progress during the regular season. He progressed so much with his playmaking, dribble moves and shooting for a 3rd year player. He's not done improving and I agree that another team would've maxed him.
    Heís better than a lot of the max guys out there imo. Especially defensively.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    56,640
    Happy for the guy. Hopefully he can continue to grow. I was hoping he would sign in the offseason so we can get someone this offseason but I'm sure Masai is gonna try for Greek Freak 2 years from now instead.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,902
    After signing Lowry and this extension..I think we will see Ibaka and FVV extensions next, and then maybe a one year extension on Gasol as well. They have no room to be players in FA now, so you might as well just take this team as far into the luxury tax as ownership will allow you to if your Masai. Then start making your trades next year. That will give you the most flexibility when acquiring players via trade.

    Just keep the band together for now. They showed on Friday night they are still going to be a force this season in the EC.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    56,640
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    After signing Lowry and this extension..I think we will see Ibaka and FVV extensions next, and then maybe a one year extension on Gasol as well. They have no room to be players in FA now, so you might as well just take this team as far into the luxury tax as ownership will allow you to if your Masai. Then start making your trades next year. That will give you the most flexibility when acquiring players via trade.

    Just keep the band together for now. They showed on Friday night they are still going to be a force this season in the EC.
    I'd resign Gasol and Ibaka to 1 year deals but Gasol would probably rather join a contender by that point. Ibaka probably looking for a long term deal given his game relies on athleticism. FVV I would want to resign long term but then we may run out of capspace for Giannis.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,381
    What type of contract do you guys think FVV will get?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,763
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    What type of contract do you guys think FVV will get?
    Hard to tell. Market is not great this summer, which bodes well for him. Wild guess though - 4yrs, 60 million?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    24,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I'd resign Gasol and Ibaka to 1 year deals but Gasol would probably rather join a contender by that point. Ibaka probably looking for a long term deal given his game relies on athleticism. FVV I would want to resign long term but then we may run out of capspace for Giannis.
    Gasol getting traded by the dead line imo

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •