Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Siakam Signs 4yr, 130 million extension

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...max-extension/

The Toronto Raptors and rising star Pascal Siakam have agreed to a four-year, $130-million max contract extension, Sportsnetís Michael Grange has confirmed.

According to The Athleticís Shams Charania, the extension does not include any player or team options.

ESPNís Adrian Wojnarowski was the first to report the deal.

Good for Siakam! This takes them out for next year's FA. 2021 is the target.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Well deserved

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

From 2.35 mill to 32.5 mill per year ... that deserves a ric flair Woooooooooooooo

Very happy to see Siakam get paid. Especially because itís by the Raps.

Glad to see him locked up for next 4 years. Now just get the freak over here and we are set.

Also I donít understand people criticizing the deal in other places. If raptors donít pay him, someone will.

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Also I donít understand people criticizing the deal in other places. If raptors donít pay him, someone will.
    Outside of Raptor fans nobody knew who he was going into the post season. I assume barely anyone saw him progress during the regular season. He progressed so much with his playmaking, dribble moves and shooting for a 3rd year player. He's not done improving and I agree that another team would've maxed him.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Outside of Raptor fans nobody knew who he was going into the post season. I assume barely anyone saw him progress during the regular season. He progressed so much with his playmaking, dribble moves and shooting for a 3rd year player. He's not done improving and I agree that another team would've maxed him.
    Heís better than a lot of the max guys out there imo. Especially defensively.

Happy for the guy. Hopefully he can continue to grow. I was hoping he would sign in the offseason so we can get someone this offseason but I'm sure Masai is gonna try for Greek Freak 2 years from now instead.

After signing Lowry and this extension..I think we will see Ibaka and FVV extensions next, and then maybe a one year extension on Gasol as well. They have no room to be players in FA now, so you might as well just take this team as far into the luxury tax as ownership will allow you to if your Masai. Then start making your trades next year. That will give you the most flexibility when acquiring players via trade.

Just keep the band together for now. They showed on Friday night they are still going to be a force this season in the EC.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    After signing Lowry and this extension..I think we will see Ibaka and FVV extensions next, and then maybe a one year extension on Gasol as well. They have no room to be players in FA now, so you might as well just take this team as far into the luxury tax as ownership will allow you to if your Masai. Then start making your trades next year. That will give you the most flexibility when acquiring players via trade.

Just keep the band together for now. They showed on Friday night they are still going to be a force this season in the EC.
    I'd resign Gasol and Ibaka to 1 year deals but Gasol would probably rather join a contender by that point. Ibaka probably looking for a long term deal given his game relies on athleticism. FVV I would want to resign long term but then we may run out of capspace for Giannis.

What type of contract do you guys think FVV will get?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    What type of contract do you guys think FVV will get?
    Hard to tell. Market is not great this summer, which bodes well for him. Wild guess though - 4yrs, 60 million?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I'd resign Gasol and Ibaka to 1 year deals but Gasol would probably rather join a contender by that point. Ibaka probably looking for a long term deal given his game relies on athleticism. FVV I would want to resign long term but then we may run out of capspace for Giannis.
    Gasol getting traded by the dead line imo

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast