Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Gasol getting traded by the dead line imo
    That is my preference but I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    That is my preference but I'm not so sure.
    Aside from Gasol and Lowry this team is still pretty young. I can understand Lowry getting the extension. However Gasol is the perfect trade chip to get a young asset or pick. While Ibaka & FVV are likely guys we retain I think Gasol is the odd man out.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    He’s better than a lot of the max guys out there imo. Especially defensively.
    I agree completely with this -

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Happy for the guy. Hopefully he can continue to grow. I was hoping he would sign in the offseason so we can get someone this offseason but I'm sure Masai is gonna try for Greek Freak 2 years from now instead.
    If you guys go all in on Giannis you guys would have to give up a lot in order to get him especially because Giannis would not sign here. You guys would have to pull off a trade that's the only realistic way but even then who would you give up?

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If you guys go all in on Giannis you guys would have to give up a lot in order to get him especially because Giannis would not sign here. You guys would have to pull off a trade that's the only realistic way but even then who would you give up?
    Why do you think Giannis won’t sign here? MU has a good relationship with his family. He can sell the winning culture. No way they can trade for him.

To be honest I just don't see a scenario where Giannis doesn't sign a supermax extension to stay with the Bucks. I think our next big time player will eventually be acquired via trade, but it won't be Giannis.

I also don't see us trading Gasol at the deadline this year. I see us trying to make another run at making the finals. right now they have 2 starting caliber PG's and 2 starting caliber C's. So they always have an anchor on D, and they always have at least one floor general on the court at all times. They have the depth to get through 82 games and they have a tonne of playoff experience now up and down this roster once the tournament begins.

1. The bucks wouldn’t trade Giannis, not even for Jesus himself

2. Masai and Giannis have a connection and history together. Although Giannis was born in Greece he was the child of Nigerian immigrants with no status or citizenship. Masai Ujiri apparently helped his family gain citizenship and other aspects of their migration. The only mention of it I can find is at the bottom of this old article but there’s more on it the reddit forums

https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...o-toronto.html

In any case all 30 teams in the league will be trying to sign him when he becomes a free agent.

If Siakam becomes an All Star elite level superstar overnight, then and only then will the Raptors be fine but to be even considered back in the championship conversation they need to trade for a star, period

If Siakam becomes an All Star elite level superstar overnight, then and only then will the Raptors be fine but to be even considered back in the championship conversation they need to trade for a star, period
    True that. But Siakam is money. 16&9 at half time 🔥

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    True that. But Siakam is money. 16&9 at half time 🔥
    Yeah Siakam put up 34 and 18 last night but he is gonna have to do that night in night out for the Raptors if they hope to stand any chance in the East

Yeah Siakam put up 34 and 18 last night but he is gonna have to do that night in night out for the Raptors if they hope to stand any chance in the East
    To win the East? Or be a mid-range playoff team? I don't think anyone here thinks they can win the East.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    To win the East? Or be a mid-range playoff team? I don't think anyone here thinks they can win the East.
    To be a mid range playoff team or top 4 at least...Siakam last night almost had 20 rebounds but putting up 34-18-5 he is gonna have to do that like everyday for the rest of the regular season same goes with Freddy too

The east is a 4 team race with Philly, Millwakee, Boston and Toronto. I think they’ll be fine.

To be a mid range playoff team or top 4 at least...Siakam last night almost had 20 rebounds but putting up 34-18-5 he is gonna have to do that like everyday for the rest of the regular season same goes with Freddy too
    He also fouls out in the 4th while they were down and they still came back to win in OT with out him. It’s a team game

Yah, I don't agree at all. Siakam ad Freddy won't have to perform that well every night to be a mid-range team in the East. Players like Gasol, Lowry and the bench will have nights where they aren't terrible shooters and pick up the slack a bit on offense.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast