Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am surprise that there are so little posts about yesterday's game.A game that most of thought was going to be a win

Jones looked like a rookie. A couple of the sacks were on him holding ball and lack of awareness for the rush. The interception was a bad force and he has to work on ball security cannot fumble every time you get hit.

That said the o line got eaten alive, the play calling was HORRENDOUS and Barkley had a rough game didnít look 100% and then came up hobbling again. The touchdown to Rhett was beautiful.

That first week was magic but reality has set in that heís a rookie and heís gunna have his struggles. He needs more help and just to steadily improve his timing/decision making.

This is a game we had to win if this was going to be a respectable season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've said it before and I will say it again. I hated the hiring of Shurmur from the moment that it was announced. An offensive/qb guru with little to no offensive success in his career. So let's go ahead and not only make him the head coach, let him run the offense while we are at it! "We can't run the ball all day, so let's go ahead and run a draw play on 3 and 18 and the game on the line. We got 'em right where we want 'em!"

Now I know what Redskins fans felt when they had Zorn running the show. It remains to be seen who was more overmatched. Shurmur is not adequate as a head coach and he is even worse as an offensive coach.

At least this give Gettleman a pretty good scapegoat for this $h!+show.

Pat Shurmur claimed he didn't know Saquon Barkley tweaked his right ankle during the game.

"I don't know that. He came off the field and then he was back on. So I don't have many details on what happened there."

#Giants
    - Leonard

Uh.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    I've said it before and I will say it again. I hated the hiring of Shurmur from the moment that it was announced. An offensive/qb guru with little to no offensive success in his career. So let's go ahead and not only make him the head coach, let him run the offense while we are at it! "We can't run the ball all day, so let's go ahead and run a draw play on 3 and 18 and the game on the line. We got 'em right where we want 'em!"

Now I know what Redskins fans felt when they had Zorn running the show. It remains to be seen who was more overmatched. Shurmur is not adequate as a head coach and he is even worse as an offensive coach.

At least this give Gettleman a pretty good scapegoat for this $h!+show.
    Couldnít agree more. I got a ton of **** for asking if he should be fired after year one. If itís apparent heís overmatched why wait?

I still like the direction weíre headed. Another draft class and FA I like it. Guys gotta get open. Our Guards are awesome but our Tackles stink. Obviously a lot of holes but I think we can fix it soon enough. I defended the coach A lot but last 3 weeks he looks overmatched and over his head. He might be fired at the end of the year.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Danny Dimes might be the up and coming QB of the future but not even Joe Montana as a young man is going to fix the Giants' HORRIBLE O-line. Also the D-line needs some work not as much as the O-line but it's also pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Danny Dimes might be the up and coming QB of the future but not even Joe Montana as a young man is going to fix the Giants' HORRIBLE O-line. Also the D-line needs some work not as much as the O-line but it's also pretty bad.
    I donít think they are horrible. But they are average at best. Defensive line is below average. If they get a stud LT and an above average RT this line will be damn near elite imo.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I donít think they are horrible. But they are average at best. Defensive line is below average. If they get a stud LT and an above average RT this line will be damn near elite imo.
    There is no question that in the 2020 Draft the Giants must improve the OL and Defense , aside firing Pat Schurmer and hiring Lincoln Riley. The good news is that there are many OL men and Defense to choose from

OL
    Andrew Lewis -Georgia probably the highest rated
    Trey Adams-Washington
    Calvin Throckmorton-Oregon
    Walker Little- Stanford
    Tyler Biadasz-Wisconsin
    Trey Smith -Tennessee
    Tristin Wirts-Iowa Right there
    Tommy Kraemer-ND
    Ben Cleveland-Georgia
    Liam Eichenburg-ND
    Alex Leatherwood-Alabama
    Jake Hansen-Oregon
    John Simpson-Clemson
    Lucas Niang- TCU

I don't know who are tackles, guards or centers.

DEFENSE
    Chase Young -Ohio State , The highest rated
    Javon Kinslaw- South Carolina
    AJ Epenesea-Iowa Right Up there
    Kenny Willekes- Mich. State
    Yetur Gross-Malise-Penn State
    Raekwon Davis-Alabama
    Derrick Brown-Auburn
    Evan Weaver - Cal
    Troy Dye-Oregon
    Michael Divinity-LSU
    Nick Coe-Auburn
    Curtis Weaver-Boise State
    Paddy Fisher-Northwestern
    Dylan Moses -Alabama
    Julian Okwara- ND

I don't know who are edge rushers, line backers or DL men .
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 10-22-2019 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    There is no question that in the 2020 Draft the Giants must improve the OL and Defense , aside firing Pat Schurmer and hiring Lincoln Riley. The good news is that there are many OL men and Defense to choose from

OL
    Andrew Lewis -Georgia probably the highest rated
    Trey Adams-Washington
    Calvin Throckmorton-Oregon
    Walker Little- Stanford
    Tyler Biadasz-Wisconsin
    Trey Smith -Tennessee
    Tristin Wirts-Iowa Right there
    Tommy Kraemer-ND
    Ben Cleveland-Georgia
    Liam Eichenburg-ND
    Alex Leatherwood-Alabama
    Jake Hansen-Oregon
    John Simpson-Clemson
    Lucas Niang- TCU

I don't know who are tackles, guards or centers.

DEFENSE
    Chase Young -Ohio State , The highest rated
    Javon Kinslaw- South Carolina
    AJ Epenesea-Iowa Right Up there
    Kenny Willekes- Mich. State
    Yetur Gross-Malise-Penn State
    Raekwon Davis-Alabama
    Derrick Brown-Auburn
    Evan Weaver - Cal
    Troy Dye-Oregon
    Michael Divinity-LSU
    Nick Coe-Auburn
    Curtis Weaver-Boise State
    Paddy Fisher-Northwestern
    Dylan Moses -Alabama
    Julian Okwara- ND

I don't know who are edge rushers, line backers or DL men .
    If the giants go 4-12 or worse Iíd say heís gone. Lincoln Riley isnít leaving for the NFL. I think we can get a good coach but it wonít be him. Yeah LT RT FS Pass rush LB C is a need to but I donít think itís anything thatís a must fix. Maybe another CB depending on if these young guys on the outside get better. They have a ton of cap and some extra picks. Wonder if we move some guys for a couple extra picks. Gentleman probably has one more year to show some significant improvement or heís gone I think.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    If the giants go 4-12 or worse Iíd say heís gone. Lincoln Riley isnít leaving for the NFL. I think we can get a good coach but it wonít be him. Yeah LT RT FS Pass rush LB C is a need to but I donít think itís anything thatís a must fix. Maybe another CB depending on if these young guys on the outside get better. They have a ton of cap and some extra picks. Wonder if we move some guys for a couple extra picks. Gentleman probably has one more year to show some significant improvement or heís gone I think.
    Gimme a break, were talking about off season already. I just hope we see some improvement in this team over the year and play calling

Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    Gimme a break, were talking about off season already. I just hope we see some improvement in this team over the year and play calling
    I definitely expect some improvement from the young players, but I expect no change from a playcalling perspective unless a coaching change is made. So in other words, I would only expect a change if Shurmur recuses himself from calling the offensive plays.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    I definitely expect some improvement from the young players, but I expect no change from a playcalling perspective unless a coaching change is made. So in other words, I would only expect a change if Shurmur recuses himself from calling the offensive plays.
    Pat Shurmur claimed he didn't know Saquon Barkley tweaked his right ankle during the game.

"I don't know that. He came off the field and then he was back on. So I don't have many details on what happened there."

#Giants
    Hey guys....long time Giants fan here.....35 years to be exact. Let me start out by saying, I LOVE THE NY GIANTS. LOVE THEM!

Dear Coach Shurmur,
    I wasn't a fan of your hiring. BUT, because I love the NY Giants so much I was willing to give you a chance to prove yourself. I'm insulted by those knuckle headed comments you made concerning SB. First of all....you drafted Saquon number 2 in the draft....YOU. Saquon is involved in at least 70% of your play calls.
    You drafted Daniel Jones number 6 to pair with Saquon....YOU. OK your 2 franchise players back to back. Now you have both of them on the field at Tampa for the first time.
    Saquon goes down with a high ankle sprain....(it looked really bad on film) projected to be out 2months...maybe longer. I'm sure you were aware of that because he didn't return to that game and was in a walking boot. Ok the kid busts his *** to get back to the team with hard work and dedication....also, hes' just a freak of nature and heal fast....but nonetheless, he's still human right?

The kid gets back in 4 weeks with hard work. Now the whole world knows this is freakish healing because he's a special kid but human nonetheless right. Ok, so you mean to tell me.....his first game back you don't have a limited touches count on Saquon. You mean to tell me that you don't even have Gallman and Penny (whos been active and has had work with the first team since Barkley been out) share the work load.

You got the man spread out as a wide out playing Wide receiver like he's been out there the entire year???? Unless you are a ****ing moron and idiot why would you have him out there like that in a tropical storm inclement weather game???? He's only the franchise running back. *******.....I'm sorry, forgive my language.....like I said, I LOVE THE GIANTS!

The 3rd and 18 play made me want to personally kick your ***....what a stupid play call. And this after you didn't know he was hurt earlier. It was just stupid. Ok, Ok, I get your looking down at your play sheet so you may miss certain things but Coach, we talking Saqqon here....**** your play sheet....you should be watching him and monitoring him like your life depended upon it. To say you wasn't aware....I believe you and that's sad. Also, you didn't give a **** because you can't multi task ....maybe you should give up your play calling duties so you can concentrate on being the HC.

Also....WTF was the play call that had Saquon on a sweep to the right side with your boy...your franchise QB leading down field to block LB's???? DJ got his *** rocked on that play....it was a designed play call....in the ****ing rain. Come on coach don't be an *******.

I LOVE THE NY GIANTS.....two coaches I love....Bill Parcells and Tom Couglin....the rest of the coaches were just there....some gone quicker than others but that **** you didn't Sunday really pissed me off....

Don't give me that stupid bull **** that you don't know about Saquon health...you better ****ing know....don't send DJ out to lead block no ****ing more...that's stupid. If you don't care about the guys....care about the fans at least.

I don't normally react like this but after watching your game plan and your comments about Saquon just upset me. That was the first time, I was really pissed at you. Be smart...you picked Penny and Gallman to share the work load....now is the time to let them share the work load....don't **** UP THIS KID'S CAREER because you don't know what's going on because you got your head in a stupid play book. He's a good kid.

Jones to Slayton will be a combo we Weill be seeing a lot off in the next few years.

Two today!

Jones and Slayton are an impressive combo. They are definitely on the same page. Itís hopeful for what Jones can do with other guys once he has more reps.

But dude needs to stop fumbling. You canít spot the other team like that. Itís beginning to feel like a very serious problem.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast