Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    You're going to see a lot more load management going forward for star players, because it works. NBA players phone in mid season games all the time because the schedule is too full. At the same time, for every game your guy phones in there's a game your guy gets easy numbers because the other team decided not to show up that night.

Per game numbers don't mean much. Kawhi was more efficient on the same per minute scoring and was significantly ahead defensively. Yes Lebron gets more assists. He also had to. It's subjective as to which is better depending on how you value things. I'd take Kawhi.
    My point was that Kawhi had load management on his side, which was significant. Had Lebron and the lakers done the same his season could have been salvaged.

Lebron has been mr efficiency since he was drafted. Last season he was on a squad with a bunch of kids. Ofcourse he had to do more to try and earn wins. compared to Kawhi whoís team went 17-5 with out him in the line up. That had a direct effect on efficiency. Kawhi was surrounded with playoff proven vets in Gasol, Lowry, Green, Ibaka etc and stayed with in his game.

Lebrons defensive slide isnít large enough to say that kawhi has surpassed him when Kawhi doesnít do nearly as much to make his team mates better. Infact Toronto was one of, if not best defensive teams in the league compared to the young lakers last year who were still trying to gain an identity. itís much easier to defend your man straight up when your team mates are capable of doing the same. You rely less on help defence as a team. Lebron didnít have nearly the same type of defenders around him last year either. Kawhi doesnít do much to make his team mates better at all, and again while he was a more effectient player last year I think that had a lot to do with each players respective teams and the positions they were in.

to say that Kawhi has surpassed Lebron based on Lebrons lone injured season, and only season where he missed the playoffs and finals for the first time in like 9 years is a bit of a stretch.

Also, even though PG had a beast of a season last year I still take Davis over him 9 timeís out of 10. So even if we believe Kawhi and Lebron to be pretty much even, I think the Lakers option B is that much better and I see the supporting casts as a wash.

Itís perfect that they are both in LA, and healthy as we can watch them go head to head all season. weíll get to see their first match up tonight.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-22-2019 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    LeBron was also a one man team last year, whereas Kawhi had plenty of legitimately talented players in Siakam, Lowry, Gasol, Green, VaVleet and Ibaka.
    LeBron had to put up elite numbers for his team to have a chance. Kawhi did not.
    No question about that. Lebron def has to do more. Case and point, Kawhi sat out 22 games for load management and his team was able to win 17 of them with out him in the line up.

We all saw what happened to the Lakers when Lebron was out of the line up. Free fall with out a parachute. But when healthy he was actually leading all those kids to the post season which is impressive in itself.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-22-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Ultimately imo the Clippers and Lakers are so close, that health will determine the winner more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Itís because everyone hates the Lakers. So theyíre trying everything they can to brush them aside as LAís ďotherĒ team. Especially people who donít live in SoCal.
    Maybe its because the Clippers have a more complete team than the Lakers for once? Duel superstars included
    Rand University

Rocky Top youíll always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    My point was that Kawhi had load management on his side, which was significant. Had Lebron and the lakers done the same his season could have been salvaged.

Lebron has been mr efficiency since he was drafted. Last season he was on a squad with a bunch of kids. Ofcourse he had to do more to try and earn wins. compared to Kawhi whoís team went 17-5 with out him in the line up. That had a direct effect on efficiency. Kawhi was surrounded with playoff proven vets in Gasol, Lowry, Green, Ibaka etc and stayed with in his game.

Lebrons defensive slide isnít large enough to say that kawhi has surpassed him when Kawhi doesnít do nearly as much to make his team mates better. Infact Toronto was one of, if not best defensive teams in the league compared to the young lakers last year who were still trying to gain an identity. itís much easier to defend your man straight up when your team mates are capable of doing the same. You rely less on help defence as a team. Lebron didnít have nearly the same type of defenders around him last year either. Kawhi doesnít do much to make his team mates better at all, and again while he was a more effectient player last year I think that had a lot to do with each players respective teams and the positions they were in.

to say that Kawhi has surpassed Lebron based on Lebrons lone injured season, and only season where he missed the playoffs and finals for the first time in like 9 years is a bit of a stretch.

Also, even though PG had a beast of a season last year I still take Davis over him 9 timeís out of 10. So even if we believe Kawhi and Lebron to be pretty much even, I think the Lakers option B is that much better and I see the supporting casts as a wash.

Itís perfect that they are both in LA, and healthy as we can watch them go head to head all season. weíll get to see their first match up tonight.
    I agree with this, and said as much earlier. However their supporting cast is not a wash, as the Clippers supporting cast was a 48 win team in the West last year without PG and Kawhi. Obviously this is essentially a new Lakers roster, but there's no indication they'd be 48 wins without Lebron and AD.

Also the GM survey agrees with me. Leonard > Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    No question about that. Lebron def has to do more. Case and point, Kawhi sat out 22 games for load management and his team was able to win 17 of them with out him in the line up.

We all saw what happened to the Lakers when Lebron was out of the line up. Free fall with out a parachute. But when healthy he was actually leading all those kids to the post season which is impressive in itself.
    LeBron dragging those garbage Cavs teams to the playoffs/finals is the most impressive thing I've seen him do. Right up there w the 3-1 GS comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    I agree with this, and said as much earlier. However their supporting cast is not a wash, as the Clippers supporting cast was a 48 win team in the West last year without PG and Kawhi. Obviously this is essentially a new Lakers roster, but there's no indication they'd be 48 wins without Lebron and AD.

Also the GM survey agrees with me. Leonard > Lebron.
    The supporting cast they comprised is full of proven guys. But the clippers do have continuity on their side in terms of their cast I agree they have the edge there. Maybe not a wash, but might be closer then we think.

With respect to Kawhi vs Lebron again I think itís close. Either way I have both LA as the favs itíll be interesting to see how it plays out.

They have a nasty Bench and have the right pieces surrounding PG and Kawhi. Championship winning coach. They have enough seasoned players to not wilt when it matters.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123