Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Bradley Beal, Wizards Agree to 2-Year, $72M Contract Extension

BUT BUT BUT HE WOULD NEVER ACCEPT A DEAL RETURNING TO THE WIZARDS.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-72m-extension

If Washington ends up trying to trade him next off season, I do not what Pat to even try to get into that bidding war.

I don't understand why players do this... PG did the same thing, a filler year. Then the player says it's not working out and the team tries to get 4, 1st rd picks and young assets; the heck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    If Washington ends up trying to trade him next off season, I do not what Pat to even try to get into that bidding war.

I don't understand why players do this... PG did the same thing, a filler year. Then the player says it's not working out and the team tries to get 4, 1st rd picks and young assets; the heck with that.
    They do it to keep flexibility and get security from the extension. The added pay bump doesn’t hurt either.

was going to say unless this somehow adds a no trade clause it would have to up his value

That was an odd one, considering the trash that is Washington that he wallows in, but I guess he wants the biggest contract in NBA history in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    That was an odd one, considering the trash that is Washington that he wallows in, but I guess he wants the biggest contract in NBA history in 2022.
    or he likes it there and they have never done him wrong... the franchise treats him like gold and have never done anything to screw him over etc... on top of this they not only are willing to pay him they have stated to him a million times we do not want to ever trade you even when they should... loyalty bruh

Beal is just wasting his talents wasting his time in Washington because they will never win a title...I mean he can at least go to a contender and he would have a better chance at a ring

A two year extension makes him eligible for the 10yr max when he can decline his player option. This is really a no brainer, financially. The only reason he would not do this is if he wanted to get to a ring ASAP.

Its smart. Beal gets paid, and i don't think Washington wants him to leave. Thats what I heard. The Wizards are going to tank with Beal. With the new draft lottery system where wins and loss records matter less, the Wizards still have a shot at adding a good player. They also added a potential steal in this draft with Rui. On the flipside if Beal decides to leave next season or the Wizards decide to move on, this deal gives the Wizards the power. Contenders will actually have to give up something instead of holding back.

Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    Its smart. Beal gets paid, and i don't think Washington wants him to leave. Thats what I heard. The Wizards are going to tank with Beal. With the new draft lottery system where wins and loss records matter less, the Wizards still have a shot at adding a good player. They also added a potential steal in this draft with Rui. On the flipside if Beal decides to leave next season or the Wizards decide to move on, this deal gives the Wizards the power. Contenders will actually have to give up something instead of holding back.
    he is locked down for 3 more seasons now... he cant enter free agency until then.