Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Buddy Hield says he is insulted by Kings contract offer

Buddy Hield claims he wants to stay in Sacramento. The Kings guard, who is set to become a restricted free agent after the season, will need a new contract to keep him happy, though.

Hield told reporters following the Kings' final preseason game Wednesday that he felt the front office's most recent offer of four years and $90 million (Yahoo! Sports reported the terms of the negotiations) was "an insult."

"It's not always about 'Less than the max.' It's just, like, something that is reasonable, whereas it's not an insult." he said. "Whereas we respect each other enough to come to an agreement."

Yahoo! reported that Hield and his representatives seek a deal closer to $110 million, closer to the maximum contract value he could sign. Hield said becoming a "max player" isn't a priority for him, but he said those are the type of players the Kings need to be targeting to build a winner.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ct/4009063002/

Click link to view rest of article.

Fire Luke Walton

Buddy's public comments rubbed me the wrong way. I don't know, it sounds like he thinks he is too good for Sacramento now... I think the Kings offered him a fair contract, I don't think he should be acting the way he is. He doesn't even care about the rules of the NBA restricted free agency, he basically said he had control, not that we had the control of his destiny. He is not a star player, he really thinks he has that much clout? Man, bring us to the playoffs before you start with demands seesh.

Quote Originally Posted by sneak View Post
    Buddy's public comments rubbed me the wrong way. I don't know, it sounds like he thinks he is too good for Sacramento now... I think the Kings offered him a fair contract, I don't think he should be acting the way he is. He doesn't even care about the rules of the NBA restricted free agency, he basically said he had control, not that we had the control of his destiny. He is not a star player, he really thinks he has that much clout? Man, bring us to the playoffs before you start with demands seesh.
    Pretty sure his agents were feeding him those comments.

Fire Luke Walton

We own Buddy.

Let him talk ****. He just mad cuz he never been been paid.

Doug said it perfectly on KHTK

Still is not a good look no matter where they supposed came from. That's pretty diva like.

I don't live in Sacramento so I'm not offended by any of his comments, but I can't imagine this sits well with some of you. With that said, I don't think he meant it to be disrespectful to the city and the people who live there. I think he meant it as a message for the front office. What he said was rooted in truth. This is a small market and they ain't signing any premier FA's, so they should pay their guys and Buddy is one of their guys.

Still, it seemed like an emotional response that he shouldn't have said out loud, whether his comments were rooted in truth or not. That's stuff you keep in house during contract negotiations. Anyway, he signed an extension, so it's water under the bridge. These athletes are human beings and and sometimes they take a wrong step. It happens from time to time. He clearly wants to be a big part of this team's future and he signed on the dotted line to prove it.

I have no problem moving on from this and I won't hold it against him.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Now that he is signed, it's done.