Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If the Knicks hope to become relevant

If the New York Knicks hope to become a "destination" franchise or a town where people want to go to New York, either RJ Barrett or Kevin Knox needs to become a star. I mean Julius Randle if he puts up All Star like numbers like he did in New Orleans and one of the other young guys develops into a star, the Knicks could become relevant once again.

I mean they have young pieces in Randle, DSJ, RJ, Knox, Mitch, etc.

All they have to do more or less is get rid of James Dolan but also draft properly

They need to be sold. Same answer for the last 20 years really.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yup.

they've been irrelevant for 50 years not just the last 20. Their location doesnt make them relevant. The chicago cubs still arent relevant and it took them 100 years to win something. Guess good news is the knicks only have to work half as hard to get to the level of irrelevance as the chicago cubs.

Yeah, get rid of Dolan is the only answer.

If the Knicks hope to become relevant

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    they've been irrelevant for 50 years not just the last 20. Their location doesnt make them relevant. The chicago cubs still arent relevant and it took them 100 years to win something. Guess good news is the knicks only have to work half as hard to get to the level of irrelevance as the chicago cubs.
    Now is terrible but just last year I was hoping KP would come back stronger in a year. weíll win the draft lottery, maybe draft Zion. The good old days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 10-17-2019 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    They made the finals twice in the 90s.

They made the finals twice in the 90s.

cubs won a ws 5 years ago, still not a relevant franchise. people talk the cubs up like the talk ny teams up, la teams up. only because of where they are located. if they were the miami cubs and the marlins were the chicago marlins. people would talk about the marlins. marlins still have a better track record at winning championships than the cubs and theyve only been around 1/5 of the time.

Seems like there's a possibility, if a prospective owner will accept an exorbitant price and Dolan keeping Madison Square Garden. Dolan can't run a basketball team, but he's not dumb.

For once I can say I may watch some of their games this year. I like their young core. They need to add to it though.

Knicks R Back!

I mean the Knicks have a promising young core but if only if that core develops a star or multiple stars
    Last edited by Tg11; 10-18-2019 at 02:19 PM.

To put it in perspective:

The Knicks have won a total of 7 playoff games since 2001.

The Seattle Super Sonics have a total of 8 playoff wins since 2001.

The Seattle SuperSonics havenít been in the league since 2008.

To have less playoff wins than a team that hasnít existed for 11 years is unbelievable.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-18-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Big deal there are teams who haven't even made the finals....ever...For 20 years this team has been a laughingstock... right on time when Dolan took over.... If you consider anything before that period terrible then im not sure what league you were watching. Or if you were even alive back then..

Knicks made the playoffs every year from 1987-2001..And if it wasn't for the greatest player to ever live getting in their way every year they probably would have 1-3 rings in the 90's. Heck the years Jordan was out the league were the years those Knicks teams made the finals.

People dont talk up the Knicks because they are a NY team, they talk em up because they were actually a great team and relevant and feared by other teams for a long time. It went downhill when Dolan took over. Gotta study history and get the facts, not just go by what ever narrative EPSN has....

Quote Originally Posted by KnickNyKnick View Post
    Big deal there are teams who haven't even made the finals....ever...For 20 years this team has been a laughingstock... right on time when Dolan took over.... If you consider anything before that period terrible then im not sure what league you were watching. Or if you were even alive back then..

Knicks made the playoffs every year from 1987-2001..And if it wasn't for the greatest player to ever live getting in their way every year they probably would have 1-3 rings in the 90's. Heck the years Jordan was out the league were the years those Knicks teams made the finals.

People dont talk up the Knicks because they are a NY team, they talk em up because they were actually a great team and relevant and feared by other teams for a long time. It went downhill when Dolan took over. Gotta study history and get the facts, not just go by what ever narrative EPSN has....
    Yes. AND because they are a NY team. It's true, you don't need to deny it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast