Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    if it's Falcon's players we seek it's getting close to fire sale there. Hooper for a 3rd or Sanu for a 5th? Rodgers had a monster game. i think this forced (passing) distribution is helping them.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    if it's Falcon's players we seek it's getting close to fire sale there. Hooper for a 3rd or Sanu for a 5th? Rodgers had a monster game. i think this forced (passing) distribution is helping them.
    Iíd do sanu in a heartbeat... I donít think they give up hooper for a 3rd

great showing by the offense! it just sucks that the packers can't seem to put together a complete game where both the offense and defense shows up.

Packers are 6-1 right now...I will admit y'all you guys scare me right now

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    great showing by the offense! it just sucks that the packers can't seem to put together a complete game where both the offense and defense shows up.
    Itís early in year 1 with a new coaching staff and some new personnel. Thereís still time. And, complete 60 minute games on both sides of the ball are tough to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    Itís early in year 1 with a new coaching staff and some new personnel. Thereís still time. And, complete 60 minute games on both sides of the ball are tough to come by.
    but its not a completely new staff. this is year 2 for Pettine and he has most of the same staff he had last year also. That's what makes it kind of crappy. I can understand the offense fluttering some but, you would hope that the defense would still be able to hold its own.

but its not a completely new staff. this is year 2 for Pettine and he has most of the same staff he had last year also. That's what makes it kind of crappy. I can understand the offense fluttering some but, you would hope that the defense would still be able to hold its own.
    I think people get a little too hung up on the defense giving up yards. There were some big plays you don't want to see but in general Pettine's defense is going to give up yards and get stops in the red zone. That's exactly what we've seen so far this year. It will be a problem if they stop getting stops, but I'll wait until that happens before I get concerned. The defense gave up 17 points before the garbage time TD late. That's going to be good enough to win most times.

For the offense, I feel like I saw a bit more motion and misdirection in the game yesterday. The offense is finally starting to feel fluid. And Rodgers has no problem making rhythm throws to the backs or to the short crossing routes that it seemed like he ignored for a large part of last season.

Heís got two new safeties and two new outside lbíers. Thatís 4 new starters out of 11. Thatís quite a bit of new personnel. This defense has growing to do. I think people got bogus expectations based off of the first two games. Expecting a legit top 5 defense this year just isnít realistic. Next year, maybe. But if weíre right on the edge of being top 10, thatís about what I think we can expect. Gotta remember, despite the feelings of promise, we were statistically still really not good last year- barely better than the year before with Capers.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    Heís got two new safeties and two new outside lbíers. Thatís 4 new starters out of 11. Thatís quite a bit of new personnel. This defense has growing to do. I think people got bogus expectations based off of the first two games. Expecting a legit top 5 defense this year just isnít realistic. Next year, maybe. But if weíre right on the edge of being top 10, thatís about what I think we can expect. Gotta remember, despite the feelings of promise, we were statistically still really not good last year- barely better than the year before with Capers.
    I would agree with this. I largely like what pettine has done. There's been a handful of games that have been frustrating. His refusal to go 2 ilb against Philly hurt. And his in ability to adjust to the tight ends yesterday was head scratching too. Part of that is Redmond. While he's a solid tackler and okay in the box, he's not a good deep safety. Getting savage back should help that a bunch.

Losing raven Greene was a bigger deal than I expected too. Him at ilb should have helped out coverage of backs and TEs, but hes obviously not around. Perhaps getting savage back will allow Redmond or maybe even Campbell if he's activated off the pup to play some sub lb and help with some of those issues.

Also, Oren Burks has been disappointing. When he got back I was hoping he'd take over for Goodson and provide some improved coverage. He hasn't been able to provide that.

who woulda thought... better coaching... signing free agents.... 6-1 record

The Packers are 6-1 and haven't played a full game on both sides of the ball....particularly with their schedule...I would be very happy not worried. This team as we have seen is getting on a roll offensively, getting better each week. The defense has playmakers all over and needs to force turnovers. This team will play a couple of full games or as close as you can realistically expect in an NFL game soon....this team is striking fear in the NFC and I think along with the Saints are the best team in the NFC right now. Niners offense is bad or they would be there also.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12