Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angels hire Joe Maddon as manager

The Los Angeles Angels are turning to Joe Maddon to get them back to the postseason. The Angels have agreed to bring in Maddon as the teamís next manager, according to multiple reports. The news has been confirmed by Tim Brown of Yahoo Sports.

Maddon reportedly signed a three-year deal with the club, according to reports.
    https://yhoo.it/2Bi9Y94

Wonder if he can pitch too?

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Wonder if he can pitch too?
    At the very least, I hope the dude changes the currently ****ed up culture in LA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

The most obvious move of the off season just happened.

Wait for Gerrit Cole next

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    At the very least, I hope the dude changes the currently ****ed up culture in LA.

Oh, brother. First of all, the Angels are in Anaheim. Second of all, stop trying to blame anyone other than Skaggs for his drug addiction and subsequent death.

If you're referring to something else: my bad, please enlighten us.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Wait for Gerrit Cole next

Waiting and ready to go!

OK, I guess Bud Black will be the next Angels manager after Maddon leaves.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

I think the Angels will spend big on pitching this off season.

If the Yanks donít sign Cole, I can see the angels giving him 200 million plus.

If Strasberg ops out I also they spending big on him if they canít get Cole.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I think the Angels will spend big on pitching this off season.

If the Yanks donít sign Cole, I can see the angels giving him 200 million plus.

If Strasberg ops out I also they spending big on him if they canít get Cole.
    They have enough money for both Cole and Strasburg, my guess is they attempt to swing a trade for Thor.

Angels hire Joe Maddon as manager

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Oh, brother. First of all, the Angels are in Anaheim. Second of all, stop trying to blame anyone other than Skaggs for his drug addiction and subsequent death.

If you're referring to something else: my bad, please enlighten us.
    Take down the snark a notch, or twelve.

There were reports of multiple people using opioids in the Angels clubhouse and theyíre under crazy amounts of investigation. You donít think that an established yet fun loving manager would ease up the tension thatís certainly going to be surrounding the organization?

I blame the Angels higher ups not necessarily for Skaggs death but for getting him the drugs AND the fact that it was known to be going on, only to be shrugged off. You get entirely new management then they bring in their own guys and suddenly, the coaching staff is different and the Angels players would have fresh start.

Is any of what Iím saying is wrong? Maybe by a matter of opinion but the facts are in the articles.

But nah, you had to be reactionary and jump right to Ďstop blaming the Angels for Skaggs deathí

So yeah, Iím talking about Skaggs but Iím also talking about how new voices and new company can help get away from the mess that this organization has seen. Did I enlighten you enough? Or are you going to double down and continue to tell me Iím wrong?
    Last edited by Zmaster52; 10-18-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Take down the snark a notch, or twelve.

There were reports of multiple people using opioids in the Angels clubhouse and theyíre under crazy amounts of investigation. You donít think that an established yet fun loving manager would ease up the tension thatís certainly going to be surrounding the organization?

I blame the Angels higher ups not necessarily for Skaggs death but for getting him the drugs AND the fact that it was known to be going on, only to be shrugged off. You get entirely new management then they bring in their own guys and suddenly, the coaching staff is different and the Angels players would have fresh start.

Is any of what Iím saying is wrong? Maybe by a matter of opinion but the facts are in the articles.

But nah, you had to be reactionary and jump right to Ďstop blaming the Angels for Skaggs deathí

So yeah, Iím talking about Skaggs but Iím also talking about how new voices and new company can help get away from the mess that this organization has seen. Did I enlighten you enough? Or are you going to double down and continue to tell me Iím wrong?
    No snark at all from me in the post you replied to. I just disagree with you and think you have a very simplistic outlook on what happened with Skaggs.

....and no you didn't enlighten me a bit. People that want drugs will get them regardless of whether Brad Ausmus or Joe Maddon is their manager.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    No snark at all from me in the post you replied to. I just disagree with you and think you have a very simplistic outlook on what happened with Skaggs.

....and no you didn't enlighten me a bit. People that want drugs will get them regardless of whether Brad Ausmus or Joe Maddon is their manager.
    Funny because I can say the same about most of you guys in regards to having a simplistic outlook.

And yeah, people will get drugs if they want but if there were coaches, trainers, etc turning a blind eye, you can assume thatíll change with a new coaching staff.

Sometimes changing the atmosphere is good. Coaches canít control what the players do but who knows, some players might resonate with Maddon, some might not. Having a fresh face definitely helps with players moving on IMO.

Funny because I can say the same about most of you guys in regards to having a simplistic outlook.

And yeah, people will get drugs if they want but if there were coaches, trainers, etc turning a blind eye, you can assume thatíll change with a new coaching staff.

Sometimes changing the atmosphere is good. Coaches canít control what the players do but who knows, some players might resonate with Maddon, some might not. Having a fresh face definitely helps with players moving on IMO.
    Honest question. besides weed what drugs have you tried?

Sure you could. Wouldn't be true or mean much though.

You know what they say about assuming. Not to mention that most addicts aren't purchasing or consuming illegal drugs in front of their coworkers while on the job, so it's a bit unrealistic to expect coaches and trainers to be policing what these players are doing outside of work.

Maybe it helps here, maybe it doesn't. I think having a friend and colleague die due to his addiction is going to be as much of a wake up call to any other addicts or enablers of addicts within the organization as anything else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast