Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sam Darnold is our FQB

Coming off of a big team win for the Jets this past Sunday, quarterback Sam Darnold has also earned some individual accolades for his efforts as he was named the AFC offensive player of the week.

Sam Darnold was named AFC Offensive Player of the Week #nyj

— Brian Costello (@BrianCoz) October 16, 2019

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    For now he is. Let's hope it continues the way it's going. We've seen this story before on the Jets and around the league.
    Yes, you will say he's different. I agree that he looks like he is. But I need to see him next year. Even if this year is good. You need more history.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    For now he is. Let's hope it continues the way it's going. We've seen this story before on the Jets and around the league.
    Yes, you will say he's different. I agree that he looks like he is. But I need to see him next year. Even if this year is good. You need more history.
    If you don't trust on what you are seeing then I can see you want to see him next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    If you don't trust on what you are seeing then I can see you want to see him next year.
    I trust what I'm seeing. I just need to see it over an extended period. As I said, Kap was the next and greatest QB after a season.
    It's one thing to be excellent for a season or so. It's another to be excellent for years on end. We won't know that until it's happened. I do have high hopes and expectations. I do think he's legit but I won't believe it's consistent until it is.

I trust what I'm seeing. I just need to see it over an extended period. As I said, Kap was the next and greatest QB after a season.
    It's one thing to be excellent for a season or so. It's another to be excellent for years on end. We won't know that until it's happened. I do have high hopes and expectations. I do think he's legit but I won't believe it's consistent until it is.
    Maybe in the eyes of 49ers fans, not in the eyes of other fans. The love for Sam is pretty universal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Maybe in the eyes of 49ers fans, not in the eyes of other fans. The love for Sam is pretty universal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd rather have Kap over the following:
    Falk, Fales, McCown, Sanchez, Smith, Pennington, Clemmons, etc...... Basically every QB from before Sam to Testeverde.

No Vinny was not elite here but that was the team to win it all, damn his achilles. They were ready.

Anyway, this offense still has questions, such as playcalling, that could be better utilized to accentuate Sam's strengths like rolling the pocket to buy time or play action.
    Btw do we have any screen plays other than the same WR screen we run 10x every game.
    Last edited by MrX27; 10-17-2019 at 12:04 AM.

Nah, Kap seriously was not good. I remember watching some of his games and being like WTF. He had a great team around him and he knew how to runaround. The league is going to get to these guys eventually...Vick, Mariota, Cam, Kap, etc

Sam is a very different QB, he plays like the greats (Rodgers, Wilson, Brady, Ben, Brees) where they use their brains or athleticism to move around the pocket and deliver accurate passes.

Sam still has a ways to go to be one of the greats, but the tools are there. I think he’s most similar to Rodgers, without the arm
    Last edited by Larry M; 10-20-2019 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Nah, Kap seriously was not good. I remember watching some of his games and being like WTF. He had a great team around him and he knew how to runaround. The league is going to get to these guys eventually...Vick, Mariota, Cam, Kap, etc

Sam is a very different QB, he plays like the greats (Rodgers, Wilson, Brady, Ben, Brees) where they use their brains or athleticism to move around the pocket and deliver accurate passes.

Sam still has a ways to go to be one of the greats, but the tools are there. I think he’s most similar to Rodgers, without the arm
    Goodness, no! I'm not comparing them. Lol I just meant a guy who had a great year and then wasn't that good.
    I think Sam is legit. I just want to withhold full judgement until a few years

It's funny, I think I see more Mathew Stafford in him. Neither comparison is remotely a negative.

Sam Darnold gets ‘wasted’ and ‘hooks up with girl’ after Jets’ big win
    My QB!

I like him but he needs to prove it against good teams. Its really hard to judge against these horrible teams we face. Its also hard to judge when he looks horrible because it looks like the its on the OL.

If it were me, I would roll the dice on Darnold.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    My QB!
    Lmfaooo just please don’t get mono again SMH

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Lmfaooo just please don’t get mono again SMH

Gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, even Herpes but no damn Mono.

My fear was, because it's the Jets, he'd end up developing Epstein Barr and never play again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast