Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,727

    I have to ask. Do we make a move during the bye week like we did last year, or stand

    Either way 4-3, 3-4 is not where this team was expected to be at worse case scenario.

    I can make a case that we need a pass rushing DT. I can throw out names like Williams, who has to be paid to retain him after this season, and Jarret who is getting paid for two more years before an out at a 5.5 dead cap hit lets you cut him (after 2021 season).

    I can also make a case that we should be looking at LT, TE, S, CB, DT and DE in next years draft.

    This team loves their first round picks, getting Williams for sure will cost a pick even in a walk year, maybe you can give a second but if he is available in the rumored fire sale of the jets, the price wont be cheap with multiple callers. Jarret you probably could get with a 4th given the money on his deal.

    You make a deal, even if you keep your first three picks and still end up around 8-8 or worse, was it worth it?

    You dont make a deal, end up at 9-7. Miss the playoffs by one game. Was standing pat worth it?

    Its amazing, not in a good way that we are literally in the same position we were in last year going into the bye week.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,474
    A lot of it seems to be coaching on both sides of the ball. These guys look out of position and it's not just one area, but many areas. Midseason trades are usually super expensive as teams know you're desperate. If there's something great, then I'm all for it, but most likely they would have to spend an arm and a leg to get it. It could also just be a few bad games by these guys and experts are just over reacting. We'll see how these guys respond. A few teams like the Rams and Chiefs have had a couple of bad games.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,727
    would you drop the same price for Ramsey on a guy like Adams from the Jets. Two 1's and a 4? Guess it depends on philosophy. some say secondary makes the front better others say a good pass rush makes your secondary better.

    what we can say right now is our secondary was good last year but we had a pass rush last year. secondary has been solid in 4 games but has also made eli and darnold look good in the other games.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    would you drop the same price for Ramsey on a guy like Adams from the Jets. Two 1's and a 4? Guess it depends on philosophy. some say secondary makes the front better others say a good pass rush makes your secondary better.

    what we can say right now is our secondary was good last year but we had a pass rush last year. secondary has been solid in 4 games but has also made eli and darnold look good in the other games.
    I saw some expert point out that the pass rush has been below average statistically this year. Quinn does some good, but the other players haven't really stepped. It's a domino effect. Diminished pass rush. A lot of guys seem out of position, like they are over reacting rather than staying in their gaps, leaving giant gaping holes. Also, I think the really good coaches might have figured out Kellem Moore and Kris Richard's tendencies. They are not surprising folks

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,727
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    I saw some expert point out that the pass rush has been below average statistically this year. Quinn does some good, but the other players haven't really stepped. It's a domino effect. Diminished pass rush. A lot of guys seem out of position, like they are over reacting rather than staying in their gaps, leaving giant gaping holes. Also, I think the really good coaches might have figured out Kellem Moore and Kris Richard's tendencies. They are not surprising folks

    there was a caller on the break where he said our LB's are sports cars not trucks. he said they got ran over by trucks vs the rams last year and have never recovered. There is probably some truth to that too. All the great MLB had that trash can full of dirt taking up blocks in front of them. We like to play undersized DT because we think they are quicker and it benefits the pass rush.

    Ive seen LVE and Smith lunge at a running lane before the RB is there, kind of makes sense they are afraid of getting blocked so they are taking risks. I've also seen them run right be the running lane too, so who knows.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,727
    im not trashing moore just yet. they also talked in the break that parcells would tell the oc to call a certain type of play, run/pass during the game. there will never be proof of that happening now unless clap or moore say so but 17 out of 24 first downs was a run up the gut vs the jets. the other 10 first downs came when we were down 2 TD in the 4th. we all thought that was SL the past few years but literally it could be garrett because you can change play callers and have the same play calling issues without speculation that the coach is meddling in the play calling.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    there was a caller on the break where he said our LB's are sports cars not trucks. he said they got ran over by trucks vs the rams last year and have never recovered. There is probably some truth to that too. All the great MLB had that trash can full of dirt taking up blocks in front of them. We like to play undersized DT because we think they are quicker and it benefits the pass rush.

    Ive seen LVE and Smith lunge at a running lane before the RB is there, kind of makes sense they are afraid of getting blocked so they are taking risks. I've also seen them run right be the running lane too, so who knows.
    The linebackers are super athletic and have sideline to sideline speed. You may be on to something about the undersized defensive tackles. It seems like downhill runners give the Cowboys more trouble then shifty backs, with the exception of Saquon and maybe Kamara, who are super backs. The defensive line seems to have been pushed around a bit, especially in the middle. I think they showed the replays on the different sports shows and the Cowboy defensive line was just getting pushed around. Trysten Hill was supposed to be this talent that helped fill the void...not sure where he's at.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    im not trashing moore just yet. they also talked in the break that parcells would tell the oc to call a certain type of play, run/pass during the game. there will never be proof of that happening now unless clap or moore say so but 17 out of 24 first downs was a run up the gut vs the jets. the other 10 first downs came when we were down 2 TD in the 4th. we all thought that was SL the past few years but literally it could be garrett because you can change play callers and have the same play calling issues without speculation that the coach is meddling in the play calling.
    As much as I think Garrett is an average-ish coach, I really do think the coordinators bear some of the responsibility. A lot of the stuff that was called, it seemed like the opposing coaches had an answer for. Guys like Bellichek is a genius, who seems to know how to adjust....and analysts have pointed out that he has so many game plans that it makes teams have a hard time keying in on one way to defend. Kellem is a young coach, so he will have growing pains. I hope the Cowboys just had a rough stretch and will bounce back. It seemed like they had a lot of slow starts and mistakes that cost them the momentum. Dropped passes, missed tackles, mental mistakes. Some of it are the players own fault. I've seen the Chiefs and Rams struggle too. I expect the Chiefs to be there in the end....and the Rams are such a talented team that they have a shot to right the ship.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13,023
    If we are going to make a trade, my preferred target would be Geno Atkins. Bengals should be sellers and we need help on our defensive line against the run in particular. He can plug the middle and rush the passer well. He'd help us a lot.

    The other trade I would make is to bring in a safety to replace Heath. Maybe Karl Joseph? Maybe make a big deal for Jamal Adams (though I don't think they'll move him). If no trade, I have no idea why we haven't signed Eric Berry. He should be healthy by now and would, at worst, be better than Jeff ****ing Heath.

    We cannot continue to roll with Heath as a starting safety. We've said this for years now and it hurts us way too often. With a good safety, Robby Anderson doesn't get a 92 yards touchdown on Sunday.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,577
    I guessing they stand put. Need to get healthy first before we start worry filling other positions. If they get blown out by the Eagles I could see Garrett getting fired and Richards taking over for the rest of the year.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13,023
    Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    I guessing they stand put. Need to get healthy first before we start worry filling other positions. If they get blown out by the Eagles I could see Garrett getting fired and Richards taking over for the rest of the year.
    If that happened, I could see our offense taking off tbh. Moore would have the reigns taken off of him which I think would do wonders for us. JG just too conservative and when you play his style either you're perfect and you win close games or you're not and you lose. There isn't much room for error in his style.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    If we are going to make a trade, my preferred target would be Geno Atkins. Bengals should be sellers and we need help on our defensive line against the run in particular. He can plug the middle and rush the passer well. He'd help us a lot.

    The other trade I would make is to bring in a safety to replace Heath. Maybe Karl Joseph? Maybe make a big deal for Jamal Adams (though I don't think they'll move him). If no trade, I have no idea why we haven't signed Eric Berry. He should be healthy by now and would, at worst, be better than Jeff ****ing Heath.

    We cannot continue to roll with Heath as a starting safety. We've said this for years now and it hurts us way too often. With a good safety, Robby Anderson doesn't get a 92 yards touchdown on Sunday.
    maybe dont drop your free safety into the box lined up over the slot and play your strong as a roaming free? just an observation

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    maybe dont drop your free safety into the box lined up over the slot and play your strong as a roaming free? just an observation
    That too, that too

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,132
    We NEED a run DT so we dont end up getting dominated at the line by a power run game. It can get comical how bad we are against good ones there.

    A sexy want would be a safety to pair with X (preferably good in coverage).

    Oddly enough the sexy want would be more expensive than addressing the need. And itís a HUGE need if we want to make noise in the playoffs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,132
    Or we could have just not been huge idiots and drafted Thornhill when we looked a gift horse in the mouth.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •