Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Week 7: Kansas City Chiefs (4-2) @ Denver Broncos (2-4) 10/17 8:20 PM ET FOX

vs

So we have second life ya'll. Yet another "must win " type game. Are we going to step up to it? This won't be easy. We absolutely HAVE to score. We can't just play keep away from Mahomes...that won't work. Flacco and unit need to score 7's.

Frankly, we can't rely on our defense to keep the Chiefs quiet. I don't really like how we match up against them. Now, Alexander Johnson has been a revelation...but you can damn well believe they will look to try to isolate our ILB's in coverage all game long. I don't know if we have the overall athleticism to keep up with that. Our secondary depth will be tested....we're going to need our guys to get home. That means MASSIVE games from Von/Malik Reed and the entire defensive front.

This is what we hired Fangio for...to help us mitigate the Mahomes factor.

Game on.

Finally got to watch the recording of the TN game. That defense played out of its mind. It is rather impressive to see how the AJ addition has completely changed the speed and mindset of that unit.

Unfortunately, the offense was absolutely pathetic. Flacco was meh and that Scangs game plan was horrible and the offensive execution was equally as bad. The annoying thing is that they made zero adjustments during the game.

If all we can muster on offense Thursday is ~20 points, we are ****ed. Regardless of how well our D plays. I don't see us even being close in this game.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Here's the thing about Flacco. Everyone ripped Keenum for his turnovers and deservedly so. But Flacco has only played 1 game this season without an interception. No doubt he's an upgrade over Keenum, but we need him to be better.

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    It's been a while since I've been this excited for a game other than season openers or going to it. I'm guaranteeing a win here, the defense is hot and the Chiefs are pretty banged up on both lines. Career game for Lindsay - 18 carries for 145 yards and 2 TD's, with a 3rd through the air

https://www.dailycamera.com/2019/10/...mpression=true

Crazy story on Justin Bannan... He shot a lady that he didn't know, and told police they he didn't mean to but that the Russian Mafia is after him.

Watching this defense. I think people are oversimplifying this defensive turnaround. There are a multitude of factors at play:

1) the Broncos have been fortunate to go up against two defenses they matched up with quite well. The Chargers have an absolutely HORRID offensive line. They are getting continually bullied. Then to go up against the Titans and their massive offensive ineptitude the next week. A team that can't even hit a screen and playing phonebooth football matched well w/ Denver's new front 7 (and pushed back a week in finding out what the DBs ar made of...)

2) Moving Harris OFF nose was huge. He was getting held up in the middle at 0/1 tech far too often. I had some hope about him at nose but was always skeptical. Purcell even in a limited snap count has made a big difference on first and second down.

3) People are overrating the transition from Gotsis to Harris at RDE. To me they are playing at a very similar level at the least. Gotsis is the better run defender but offers less pass rush upside and sub package versatility, but it's neck and neck. The improvement up front has MORE to do w/ moving Harris off nose than anything else on the DL.

4) The addition of AJ Johnson in for Corey Nelson cannot be overstated enough. I am still wait and see on AJ Johnson but mother of GOD Nelson was HORRIFIC in his time starting, both against the run and pass. There still should be concerns w/ AJ in coverage and it appears the coaching staff also has some issues there, being they are doing everything they can to make AJ a pass rusher not a coverage player in those situations. Todd Davis is still this team's best overall linebacker despite the popular narrative he isn't good.

5) A healthy Kareem Jackson has been key and bringing aggressiveness coming downhill in the flats and against the run. He and Simmons are improving each week and are really helping those in front of them in pass and run defense. Probably the strength of the defense at this point.

6) And perhaps most importantly, this was a team transitioning from a heavy Cover 1 man based defense to more of a Cover 4/6 look with cover 2 man sprinkled in. This was always going to take some transition time to work, but it's starting to show out as the players become more comfortable in their assignments and cohesive w/ each other on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Here's the thing about Flacco. Everyone ripped Keenum for his turnovers and deservedly so. But Flacco has only played 1 game this season without an interception. No doubt he's an upgrade over Keenum, but we need him to be better.
    I just love being able to use the MOF again

Nice opening drive tuddy there! I liked the idea of going for 2 in that situation, but I HATE that they ran with Lindsay rather than Freeman

Will Parks is ****ing ***

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Nice opening drive tuddy there! I liked the idea of going for 2 in that situation, but I HATE that they ran with Lindsay rather than Freeman
    Meh. Not a big fan of taking points off the board. Especially when you're playing a scoring machine like the Chiefs.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

And the game is over... That was fun while it lasted

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Meh. Not a big fan of taking points off the board. Especially when you're playing a scoring machine like the Chiefs.
    You should be able to get a yard though

I hate punt fakes. they fail too often

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I hate punt fakes. they fail too often
    Only way to do it is a direct snap too a speedy back imo

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast