Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    my only hope for this year was one of two things. #1 we make the playoffs(not happening) or we actually suck enough to get a high pick. I fear the second won't happen cause there are way to many super crappy teams out there. I also hope we get to see drew lock and he gets a real chance not some dumb two game thing so we can see if we need a new qb or not next year.
    Agreed.

I was getting my hopes up again after the last two games. I was thinking that Purcell and AJ might be the missing pieces to create the synergy to get the defense to a high level - obviously that is not the case watching this game tonight.
    I do want to see Lock this season and see if he is the future or not.
    I honestly did not think that Flacco was this bad; I guess I really wasn't paying attention to Flacco - I just assumed he was an upgrade....now I am not so sure.

IF Lock is the future, and we have a high draft pick (i.e. 1-10), I once again think we need to trade back and get two first rounders instead of just one. We need a LOT more talent. And Elway always has a 'win now' mentality (which I used to love!). I don't see him committing to a 'rebuild' plan.
    What is he going to do with a decent amount of money to spend this off-season?
    I assume we still have a solid amount of spending money for the coming off-season, yes?

We are REALLY bad!
    We need help all over the place, not the least of which is the Oline - which is AWFUL.
    I will also note what Andrew Mason tweeted tonight...something like, "I've said it before and I'll say it again - it took Munchak 3 years to get the Steelers Oline to an elite level".

So we've seen some pretty bad performances over these 3/4 years but this one....is in it's own category and has to be the worst out of all of them.

It's so bizarre..and considering the events that happened...it's indefensible. How can one of the worst defenses hold you to 6 points with 9 sacks at home on a short week?? And this is a defense without their best play in Chris Jones?

They were practically missing half their team including their All-Pro league MVP QB......and we still can't win? And not just win...but we WEREN'T EVEN COMPETITIVE.

You have to create a new word for this type of performance. I saw an offensive unit completely give up.

What everyone said is correct. Nothing more to add. I was watching body language at the game(what a waste of money that was) and it was just a team that knows they arenít good. Sanders who is very emotional and shows it, just kind of walks off the field after sacks like yeah Iím not surprised. Flacco was not a veteran tonight. Wouldnít take a hit to make a throw. No emotion out of him. Not willing to make a play. He threw one to Lindsay in the flat and got hit pretty good. Obviously I wasnít on the field, but the first thing I said was talk about setting your teammate to get messed up. Lindsay was barking all the way back to huddle and it wasnít directed towards any Chief. Fant seems soft, after missed balls he isnít pissed he jogs off the field. Just with things going bad not one player seemed to care outside of Risner who late in the game carried his block beyond the play. Lindsay showed emotion with Flacco. I dont see that genuine swag you see from Scrap, Von or Sanders. They radiate energy. Just a team that is just out there but doesnít believe.

Look if our QB lays that big of in egg in that big of a game, I don't want him.

One of the biggest knocks on Flacco during his career has been his lackadaisical attitude. It's hurt us a few times already this season, and it killed us tonight. Have him ride the pine as soon as Lock is healthy, and then ship him out.

Can you even send Flacco back out there? Scangs gets a major lashing in this as well...back to back weeks where the design/play-calling has been horrible.

OL showed progress...then came crashing hard.....against one of the WORST defenses....in fact the worst pass rushing defense.

Again, this is just so bizarre how this all happened. It's one thing if Mahomes played the whole game. I don't think anyone would of been surprised if we lost in that instance.

And we saw an offense practically give up....with that trusty old veteran QB leading the way. Granted, his OL didn't help him that much...but man...Flacco...you were god awful.

Elway once said during the Joseph era. "It's not that you lose...it's HOW you lose that is the problem."

If his eyes aren't wide open from this...I might actually have to throw fuel on the Elway hot seat....cause this is beyond pathetic.

Changes have to be made after this performance.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Can you even send Flacco back out there? Scangs gets a major lashing in this as well...back to back weeks where the design/play-calling has been horrible.

OL showed progress...then came crashing hard.....against one of the WORST defenses....in fact the worst pass rushing defense.

Again, this is just so bizarre how this all happened. It's one thing if Mahomes played the whole game. I don't think anyone would of been surprised if we lost in that instance.

And we saw an offense practically give up....with that trusty old veteran QB leading the way. Granted, his OL didn't help him that much...but man...Flacco...you were god awful.

Elway once said during the Joseph era. "It's not that you lose...it's HOW you lose that is the problem."

If his eyes aren't wide open from this...I might actually have to throw fuel on the Elway hot seat....cause this is beyond pathetic.

Changes have to be made after this performance.
    If the goal is to see Lock, then yes you have to send him back out there for at least 1 more game. There's no sense starting Brandon Allen for a week or two.

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    Im still in awe of how bad that game was. You have a chance to turn your season around and that's the effort you put out? The only bright spot is now you know Lock is going to get 7-8 games to determine whether he's the starter for next year or if we go after a QB in the 1st round. I haven't felt this deflated watching the team since.. since.. well week 17 last year.

Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post
    Im still in awe of how bad that game was. You have a chance to turn your season around and that's the effort you put out? The only bright spot is now you know Lock is going to get 7-8 games to determine whether he's the starter for next year or if we go after a QB in the 1st round. I haven't felt this deflated watching the team since.. since.. well week 17 last year.
    You'd hope that they're smart enough to play Lock ASAP... But I don't have any faith that this franchise knows what it's doing. With our luck, they won't start him until week 16.

man for me there are a couple of frustrating things about this team right now and that as a whole its kinda old. Like Chubb was our guy who was going to be our perenial pro bowler, but he tore his acl for the 2nd time on the same knee. Von Miller has 2.5 sacks through 7 games. Bryce Callahan and Jawuan James have combined to play for about a half. Garrett Boles is just a disaster. He can't stop holding. The qb position above all else though has to be the worst. the amount of resources we continue to use on that position on old has beens that other teams didn't want. like at least if we were starting Locke we wouldn't being paying these guys 20+ mill a year

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    You'd hope that they're smart enough to play Lock ASAP... But I don't have any faith that this franchise knows what it's doing. With our luck, they won't start him until week 16.
    yep. Although with the way our line got absolutely demolished last night not sure if you still want lock out there.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    yep. Although with the way our line got absolutely demolished last night not sure if you still want lock out there.
    Doesn't matter

Lock isn't going to be ready....no chance...but can't afford to just let him red shirt a year where we have ZERO shot at accomplishing anything. The only reason(s) you don't play Lock this year was: If we're competitive and looking at a post-season berth (unlikely after that **** storm) or if he is hurt.

Other than that...you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO SEE if he shows you QBOTF material. If we suck hard...and are in a position to nab a top QB but pass on him just because Lock has potential (when we haven't seen jack **** from him)...we're going to live in QB purgatory for another 5 years.....unless we dolphin it and tank for Lawrence..

The moment Lock is deemed healthy to go....you play him.

**** the "what about the locker room" ****. What lockeroom? The vets are fed up with this embarrassing play. Your new vet QB doesn't give a ****.

If Lock shows us any promise....we might actually have something special because he'd be doing it with some major dysfunction around him..

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Doesn't matter

Lock isn't going to be ready....no chance...but can't afford to just let him red shirt a year where we have ZERO shot at accomplishing anything. The only reason(s) you don't play Lock this year was: If we're competitive and looking at a post-season berth (unlikely after that **** storm) or if he is hurt.

Other than that...you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO SEE if he shows you QBOTF material. If we suck hard...and are in a position to nab a top QB but pass on him just because Lock has potential (when we haven't seen jack **** from him)...we're going to live in QB purgatory for another 5 years.....unless we dolphin it and tank for Lawrence..

The moment Lock is deemed healthy to go....you play him.

**** the "what about the locker room" ****. What lockeroom? The vets are fed up with this embarrassing play. Your new vet QB doesn't give a ****.

If Lock shows us any promise....we might actually have something special because he'd be doing it with some major dysfunction around him..
    This this this this this this this!

I've said for a long time that the Broncos have some dirt on their hands for the Lynch fiasco. If you've got a young QB, it is IMPERATIVE that you see what he's got whenever you get a chance. I have a lot of faith in Lock, but we NEED to see him ASAP and as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    This this this this this this this!

I've said for a long time that the Broncos have some dirt on their hands for the Lynch fiasco. If you've got a young QB, it is IMPERATIVE that you see what he's got whenever you get a chance. I have a lot of faith in Lock, but we NEED to see him ASAP and as much as possible.
    I will continue to stand by Denver's choice with Paxton Lynch.

The kid did it to himself. Folks can spin it on Denver/Elway/Kubs/Joseph all they want but Paxton approached and prepared for the situation as if it was SUPPOSE to be given to him.

Nah, man. I realize he didn't have the most ideal of situations but you got to work at least twice as hard as everyone else to have your name out there.

With Lock...at least this kid is doing it right from the start. If he fails in epic proportions...it won't be because of lack of effort/drive.

Nick's Denver Broncos Top 25 Big Board 10.21.19

1. Tua Tagovailoa QB Alabama
    2. Justin Herbert QB Oregon
    3. Chase Young EDGE Ohio State
    4. Tristan Wirfs OL Iowa
    5. Andrew Thomas OT Georgia
    6. Jeffrey Okudah CB Ohio State
    7. Joe Burrow QB LSU
    8. Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama
    9. AJ Epenesa DL (4i/4/5/7) Iowa
    10. Isaiah Simmons LB/S Clemson
    11. Kristian Fulton CB LSU
    12. Henry Ruggs III WR Alabama
    13. Ceedee Lamb WR Oklahoma
    14. Grant Delpit S LSU
    15. Derrick Brown IDL (0/1/3) Auburn
    16. Alex Leatherwood OL Alabama
    17. Austin Jackson OT USC
    18. Javon Kinlaw IDL (3/4/4i/5) South Carolina
    19. Shaun Wade DB (Boundary, NB, S) Ohio State
    20. Laviska Shenault Jr WR Colorado
    21. Trevon Diggs CB Alabama
    22. Creed Humphrey IOL Oklahoma
    23. Tyler Biadasz IOL Wisconsin
    24. Marvin Wilson IDL (0/1) Florida State
    25. Dylan Moses LB Alabama

I've seen so many all 22 clips of Flacco just not throwing it to wide open players...I thought he was supposed to be a real QB.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast