Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Having Collins and Walter really made Al feel comfortable. Unfortunately both were the most flat footed QB's that we ever had, except for Russell.
    LoL-kind of reminiscent of when Jimmy Plunkett and Marc Wilson made Al comfortable enough to pass on Dan Marino.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just want to put this one behind us. There are just some games that you don't learn anything new from the autopsy.
    "I've been a Raider fan long enough to remember when we'd stare into the face of Death itself knowing that it would blink first. So no, a single playoff appearance won't cut it."

Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    It's best to build around carr.People's expectations aren't realistic.

If your argument is that we should draft a rookie qb and send him to the wolfs with this bad defense and no #1 reciever then you already lost.
    I will take him.

"...prone to stoogery.".

The key to beating teams like Green Bay;

Ball control - Keep Rodgers et al off of the field as much as possible.
    Win the turnover battle
    Convert those third downs, keep ahead of the sticks.
    Score touchdowns rather than field goals.
    Put pressure on the opposing quarterback.

The Raiders accomplished two of those goals. Ball control and third down efficiency, mostly.

Carr's fumble was one of the daggers that killed us. It was a foolish thing to do. Additionally, he missed some wide open receivers early on that put us in a bad spot. Some of his throws were dynamic, others...meh. He looks great some times, other times he looks horrible or does stupid things. If he hadn't fumbled that ball, or if it had gone out of bounds before it crossed the goal, there was a good chance they may have scored a TD. Then it is a matter of just matching touchdowns with touchdowns. Instead, you get what we got yesterday, it got out of hand in ten minutes. Carr must learn NOT to blow our scoring opportunities by doing something foolish. We left three scoring opportunities on the field. Can't happen.
    Though they put pressure on Rodgers a few times, the rush was unsuccessful and our coverage was non-existent. Horrible showing.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    The key to beating teams like Green Bay;

Ball control - Keep Rodgers et al off of the field as much as possible.
    Win the turnover battle
    Convert those third downs, keep ahead of the sticks.
    Score touchdowns rather than field goals.
    Put pressure on the opposing quarterback.

The Raiders accomplished two of those goals. Ball control and third down efficiency, mostly.

Carr's fumble was one of the daggers that killed us. It was a foolish thing to do. Additionally, he missed some wide open receivers early on that put us in a bad spot. Some of his throws were dynamic, others...meh. He looks great some times, other times he looks horrible or does stupid things. If he hadn't fumbled that ball, or if it had gone out of bounds before it crossed the goal, there was a good chance they may have scored a TD. Then it is a matter of just matching touchdowns with touchdowns. Instead, you get what we got yesterday, it got out of hand in ten minutes. Carr must learn NOT to blow our scoring opportunities by doing something foolish. We left three scoring opportunities on the field. Can't happen.
    Though they put pressure on Rodgers a few times, the rush was unsuccessful and our coverage was non-existent. Horrible showing.
    You pretty much summed it up Wolfman. I am curious though-you have watched a lot of football. Do you think Carr can overcome his penchant for booting game changing opportunities?

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    You pretty much summed it up Wolfman. I am curious though-you have watched a lot of football. Do you think Carr can overcome his penchant for booting game changing opportunities?

That is the frustrating part, Proxi. This is what, his fifth or sixth year...he should be past all that. I think Gruden, a QB coach can be the most positive influence Carr could have, but you can see Carr still gets happy feet and shaky when things go south. Carr frustrates the heck out of me, one minute I am cheering a wonderful and dynamic pass or decision, the next I am cursing at the TV over something stupid he did or a bad pass, a fumble or a dumb interception. He has talent, but his mind gets in the way. Can he overcome it? I think he needs to experience success, but to have success, he has to overcome it. That is the catch-22. I would send him to Brady's QB Camp in the offseason.

"...prone to stoogery.".

It really doesn't matter who was quarterbacking the Raiders yesterday. When your pathetic defense gives up the field in chunks, providing the opposing QB an easy record book day passing, you don't have a chance. Anyone who thinks the Raiders somehow could have matched the Packers score for score the whole game best think again. The D is littered with questionable high draft picks and, questionable trades which have put the raiders near the middle in run D but, bottom feeding as far as pass D. Don't count on it getting any better this year.

Quote Originally Posted by driftmaster View Post
    It really doesn't matter who was quarterbacking the Raiders yesterday. When your pathetic defense gives up the field in chunks, providing the opposing QB an easy record book day passing, you don't have a chance. Anyone who thinks the Raiders somehow could have matched the Packers score for score the whole game best think again. The D is littered with questionable high draft picks and, questionable trades which have put the raiders near the middle in run D but, bottom feeding as far as pass D. Don't count on it getting any better this year.
    I disagree. That is exactly what we were set to do. This offense can control the clock with a good run game and Carr throwing his short to intermediate passes. The fumble and int. threw that strategy out of whack, made it so the GB's defense could pin their ears back and put Carr in panic mode and gave Rodgers' offense the ball back. Yes, our D isn't very good. Granted. The O can move the ball. It is a proven strategy, but it fell to the wayside when Carr fumbled out of the endzone.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZissou View Post
    We go into half up 17-14 and this game very well has a different outcome.
    I disagree.

Rodgers was just too good yesterday.

Carr could have done more to keep it close, but thatís all. The Raiders were overmatched from the start.

The Raiders need a WR and a pass rush to take the next step.

We realistically were going to drop one of these two games (GB, Hou). We're still 3-3, and hopefully we can sneak a win out of Houston.

All the positive vibes we've been enjoying are going to dry up if we come back to Oakland 3-4.

NFL Week 7: Oakland Raiders(3-2) @ Green Bay Packers(5-1)

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I disagree.

Rodgers was just too good yesterday.

Carr could have done more to keep it close, but thatís all. The Raiders were overmatched from the start.

The Raiders need a WR and a pass rush to take the next step.
    I donít think losing was a forgone conclusion.

If Carr nets TDís on those three trips into the Red Zone and uses the 30 second clock more effectively itís a 45-42 game regardless of Rodgers.

We had the running game going and had to abandon any auspice of balance by falling behind.

Balance create time consuming drives and would have eliminated opportunities for Aaron Rodgers.

Last edited by Proximo; 10-21-2019 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I donít think losing was a forgone conclusion.

If Carr nets TDís on those three trips into the Red Zone and uses the 30 second clock more effectively itís a 45-42 game regardless of Rodgers.

We had the running game going and had to abandon any auspice of balance by falling behind.

Balance create time consuming drives and would have eliminated opportunities for Aaron Rodgers.

I agree... I think if we would have scored on those three possessions it would have come down to a one possession game. We would have had to play a near perfect game...meaning no fumbles or interceptions, and Jacobs scoring on that 4th down. But it goes to show just how far we have come being a offensive heavy team (competitive on Sundays now) while waiting on the defense to catch up.

We are a competent MLB, #1 CB, and dominant pass rusher away from being back to being the feared Raaaaaiderzzz!

***I'm not of the belief we need a #1 receiver. With a healthy Tyrell Williams, Waller (who is our #2 receiver playing TE), with the new addition of Zay, and the speed threats we have along with Double J. We are good on offense as long as Carr doesn't turn the ball over or make boneheaded mistakes.***

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I disagree. That is exactly what we were set to do. This offense can control the clock with a good run game and Carr throwing his short to intermediate passes. The fumble and int. threw that strategy out of whack, made it so the GB's defense could pin their ears back and put Carr in panic mode and gave Rodgers' offense the ball back. Yes, our D isn't very good. Granted. The O can move the ball. It is a proven strategy, but it fell to the wayside when Carr fumbled out of the endzone.
    so what your saying is, the offense has to almost be flawless to compensate for a defense that was for the most part non-existent. There has to be some consideration that this "proven strategy" at this point can't even recover from penalties let alone giveaways. Two nice 20+ yard Carr passes called back on penalties ---punt the ball away. D gives it up. The strategy could work once we have a little help just in case it doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by driftmaster View Post
    so what your saying is, the offense has to almost be flawless to compensate for a defense that was for the most part non-existent. There has to be some consideration that this "proven strategy" at this point can't even recover from penalties let alone giveaways. Two nice 20+ yard Carr passes called back on penalties ---punt the ball away. D gives it up. The strategy could work once we have a little help just in case it doesn't
    I do not believe that is exactly what I said, but it is close enough.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast