Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

NFL Week 7: Oakland Raiders(3-2) @ Green Bay Packers(5-1)

No one is hating on Carr and that is beside the point.

I struggle to understand fans touting his efficiency rating or how great he looked excluding his redzone mistakes.

I think many Raider fans have gotten so used to the team losing that they find solace in nifty stat lines and lauding the play of the QB as between the 20ís.

Quoting Herman Edwards-You play to win the game. If Carr engineerís TDís on those three empty handed redzone trips we still win 45-42 and maybe by a greater margin by stealing a possession or two.

Regardless of the stats Carr was terrible today-and came up short in the most important statistical category-Wining.

But hey-he sure looked great in a losing effort, didnít he?...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Proximo; 10-21-2019 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    People who hate on Carr also seem to acknowledge that our defense is not good. People who hate our defense refuse to acknowledge that our quarterback continues to get blinded in the bright lights.

Up to this point of the season the defense has played better than expected IMO. Today we needed a franchise quarterback to win a shootout. We left 21 points on the field. A better leader wins that game 45-42.
    Itís somewhere in between when it comes to the truth. I thought Carr looked good for the most part of the game. Even put the ball down the field more today and avoided the rush several times to complete some great passes. The turnovers proved costly, but I didnít expect us to win this game anyway, mainly due to the fact that I knew we couldnít stop Rodgers. Carr is a serviceable QB, but if your expectations are that he should win a shootout against Aaron Rodgers youíre not being realistic. I donít blame him for some fanís unrealistic expectations. I also could careless if heís the 11th highest paid QB in the league as far as Iím concerned heís a bargain with the way the league is trending.

We will win our fair share of games this season, but if we have to rely on Carr to win us shootouts we wonít win many of those games.

It's best to build around carr.People's expectations aren't realistic.

If your argument is that we should draft a rookie qb and send him to the wolfs with this bad defense and no #1 reciever then you already lost.

NFL Week 7: Oakland Raiders(3-2) @ Green Bay Packers(5-1)

Building around Carr concerns me because he is a six year veteran and at some point the team needs to realize that he is good as he ever is going to get.

Basically he is Blake Bortles with a longer section of rope.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post

If your argument is that we should draft a rookie qb and send him to the wolfs with this bad defense and no #1 reciever then you already lost.
    Oh brother when will it end? Poor lil Derek needs everything just PEACHY for him to play a competent game? We've got a top oline, even without Brown. We've got one of the best young backs in the NFL. Carr's stupid decisions aren't made by the defense. I have never in my life seen so many excuses made for a subpar QB. He is consistently inconsistent. We need legit competition brought in pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post

I get what your point is here however there are two aspects that counter it.

Our offensive line is top 3 in the NFL. This is a full statistical breakdown:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol/2019

Also from another site: http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...=PASSING_QBHIT

Oakland is ranked #1, only allowing 13 QB hits all season.

With offensive line play like that, a QB's chances of success skyrocket.

The second aspect is that we are #6 in the NFL in rushing yards per game. https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...yards-per-game

Only 8.2 yards a game on average out of 4th place.

So overall when you have a great offensive line plus a great running attack, and a TE who is #3 statisically behind only Kelce and Hooper ---- the QB job gets a lot easier despite not having a healthy WR group.

At some point we need Carr to be the playmaker, not every game, but some games. Game managers win if they don't make mistakes in clutch moments. Red zone turnovers are the worse mistake a NFL professional can make.

We can build around him, but that would be a personnel mistake. Yesterday was like a midterm for Carr. How he performs under adversity after being in the system for 18 months. Gruden saw how he did. Hopefully he has time to improve.

My man Ike got a bad rap

I'm glad I didn't watch this game.

We have to get over this game. Prepare for the Texans, it's a long season.

Quote Originally Posted by Backstabber View Post
    At some point we need Carr to be the playmaker, not every game, but some games. Game managers win if they don't make mistakes in clutch moments. Red zone turnovers are the worse mistake a NFL professional can make.

We can build around him, but that would be a personnel mistake. Yesterday was like a midterm for Carr. How he performs under adversity after being in the system for 18 months. Gruden saw how he did. Hopefully he has time to improve.
    That is what Carr is a game manager. But game managers don't win without a top 10 or better defense.

Their just isnt a Toys R US filled with Aaron Rodgers... I am all for upgrading the position, But the only way that is going to happen is to find one to draft. And hope he develops into a play maker.

I would really try to develop a bit more patience. Until we get some better players that Gruden and Mayock like.

I think in the near future, They will move Worley safety, And hope Lawson and Muellen can move to corner... We just need better players.

Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    Oh brother when will it end? Poor lil Derek needs everything just PEACHY for him to play a competent game? We've got a top oline, even without Brown. We've got one of the best young backs in the NFL. Carr's stupid decisions aren't made by the defense. I have never in my life seen so many excuses made for a subpar QB. He is consistently inconsistent. We need legit competition brought in pronto.
    Hey Chibber!
    I was last week in firm disagreement with you about Carr. Today, I am in partial agreement. I believe Carr has the physical attributes, but it's what between his ears that's the problem. Not sure if has the read/decision making skills that Gruden's offense needs. Case in point, yesterday's failed reach over the goal line. There was no need for it, especially since it was 2nd down. Coincidentally, he did that on 2nd down against Dallas. Basically, nothing was learned, especially since he said last time that he would handle it differently. So, I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    That is what Carr is a game manager. But game managers don't win without a top 10 or better defense.

Their just isnt a Toys R US filled with Aaron Rodgers... I am all for upgrading the position, But the only way that is going to happen is to find one to draft. And hope he develops into a play maker.

I would really try to develop a bit more patience. Until we get some better players that Gruden and Mayock like.

I think in the near future, They will move Worley safety, And hope Lawson and Muellen can move to corner... We just need better players.
    Are you calling what he did yesterday game managing? I think many of us have lost patience, especially when he makes the same mistakes.

Remember 2005 NFL draft when we traded up to select Fabian Washington..... who was the very next pick?

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Remember 2005 NFL draft when we traded up to select Fabian Washington..... who was the very next pick?
    Oh boy. Just wondering how it would have all turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Thatís awesome and donít think I wasnít thinking the same thing yesterday. Rodgers being a Northern CA lad would have made the perfect Raider. But given the dysfunction during those years I wonder if he would have ever been successful in Oakland?...

I had a conversation with my wife about Rodgers free fall on the draft board in 2005 and how he was the last man standing until Green Bay took him at 24 with Brett Favre still playing at an elite level.The 2005 draft experience no doubt placed an eternal chip on Rodgers shoulder.

Rumor has it Al offered the Packers Randy Moss for Rodgers and after being rebuked shipped him to New England but I have never read anything legit beyond blog chatter to substantiate the scuttlebut.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Thatís awesome and donít think I wasnít thinking the same thing yesterday. Rodgers being a Northern CA lad would have made the perfect Raider. But given the dysfunction during those years I wonder if he would have ever been successful in Oakland?...

I had a conversation with my wife about Rodgers free fall on the draft board in 2005 and how he was the last man standing until Green Bay took him at 24 with Brett Favre still playing at an elite level.The 2005 draft experience no doubt placed an eternal chip on Rodgers shoulder.

Rumor has it Al offered the Packers Randy Moss for Rodgers and after being rebuked shipped him to New England but I have never read anything legit beyond blog chatter to substantiate the scuttlebut.

Having Collins and Walter really made Al feel comfortable. Unfortunately both were the most flat footed QB's that we ever had, except for Russell.

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast