Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 942
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Other teams moved the ball last year and the defense was still incredible at years end. Who cares about one game?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe the people who are rating them 4th best? If you throw away a bad game does that mean you also discount a good game? You look at them all. Anyway who cares it only matters going forward and we need the defense that showed against the Vikings, not the one against the Raiders. We need the good defense this weekend.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    12,759
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    It's crazy what one boneheaded play can do.

    If Louis doesn't run into the kicker, the Bears get the ball back and probably beat the Raiders.

    4-1, and this would be a game of potential bye implications between the Saints and Bears.

    Oh well.
    It was a bad call. He was pushed into the kicker. Still not the reason we lost the game though. Chase Daniel is terrible and the defense didn't show up.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    12,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    The Raiders manhandled the Bears defense in London. Their offensive line dominated, zero pressure on the QB, Jacobs shredded them. Its obvious the Raiders domination is being taken into consideration when others are evaluating their standing.
    Does it really matter? The Bears defense is proven and is still way more talented than any of the other 3. One bad game in London doesn't change that.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,635
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Does it really matter? The Bears defense is proven and is still way more talented than any of the other 3. One bad game in London doesn't change that.
    No one said their defense stunk, rating them 4th best is hardly a slap in the face. Not sure how they have proven they are way more talented then the Pats. This Pats defense held the Rams to 3 points in the SB. The Pats have played lousy offenses but we have play several this year as well. It doesnít matter, what matters is going forward.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    47,326
    https://twitter.com/brgridiron/statu...470102016?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    67,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    https://twitter.com/brgridiron/statu...470102016?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Kamara being out is huge, obviously.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    20,541
    I'll go ahead and label this must-win now.

    Absolutely cannot lose at home with 21 of 22 starters healthy to a Breesless, Kamaraless, Cookless team that's also missing it's nickel corner. Cannot do it. Can't.

    What's kind of annoying though is that if they do win it'll be immediately discredited as just beating up on a decimated Saints team that would surely handle us if healthy. The way things have shaken out through six weeks, kind of bizarrely, we don't have any real chance for a "statement" game until the Packers in week 15, unless the Rams really pick things up. The Cowboys flatly just aren't especially good.


  8. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    67,864
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    I'll go ahead and label this must-win now.

    Absolutely cannot lose at home with 21 of 22 starters healthy to a Breesless, Kamaraless, Cookless team that's also missing it's nickel corner. Cannot do it. Can't.

    What's kind of annoying though is that if they do win it'll be immediately discredited as just beating up on a decimated Saints team that would surely handle us if healthy. The way things have shaken out through six weeks, kind of bizarrely, we don't have any real chance for a "statement" game until the Packers in week 15, unless the Rams really pick things up. The Cowboys flatly just aren't especially good.
    Agreed.

    Will be really disappointing if they can't win this game. I don't care how it happens, just win.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    26,610
    This feels like a must win. the fact is the Packers are 5-1. we have already lost to them once. if we end up 3-3 we may be last in our division. at least 2 if not 3 games behind the packers. and 1 or 2 games behind the Vikings. the fact is there is little to no chance IMO 3 teams from the NFC North make it. It might be possible. But its so unlikely withy the Rams. Seahawks. and EAgles all also fighting for those 2 wildcard spots.

    Will it be easy, definitly not. the Saints are a good Football team. and While they are on a backup QB. And without a Stud RB. They have a good D. its basically feels like us vs ourselves. They have the same issues we have.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  10. #55
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    26,610
    For Some reason though, I feel like Something is going to change after this bye week in terms of our running game. Obviously we are adressing Long. Which seems like our bigest issue. I know people are upset at Leno who has a number of penelties but he is trying to adress that problem as well. Something tells me that the OL and Co comes out with something to prove. I still beleive in our Depth chart. Leno Whitehair James and Massie. And if your saying our week spot is that off guard. IDK. I feel like it should not matter much. And it seems like we are going with the best option too in Coward who seems like a Big Angry force of a man to help our run game.

    IDK. i think it will be a combination of things. limiting the goofey play calls. personel steping up. and just the extra practice to try and work out whatever the issues are.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    I'll go ahead and label this must-win now.

    Absolutely cannot lose at home with 21 of 22 starters healthy to a Breesless, Kamaraless, Cookless team that's also missing it's nickel corner. Cannot do it. Can't.

    What's kind of annoying though is that if they do win it'll be immediately discredited as just beating up on a decimated Saints team that would surely handle us if healthy. The way things have shaken out through six weeks, kind of bizarrely, we don't have any real chance for a "statement" game until the Packers in week 15, unless the Rams really pick things up. The Cowboys flatly just aren't especially good.
    Not if we handle them in the same fashion as the Vikings....If itís a close game, yes, the win gets discredited, but at this point who cares? Itís another W

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    897
    And Iíd rather see our statement wins come in the playoffs...really donít care for any national recognition

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    26,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    No one said their defense stunk, rating them 4th best is hardly a slap in the face. Not sure how they have proven they are way more talented then the Pats. This Pats defense held the Rams to 3 points in the SB. The Pats have played lousy offenses but we have play several this year as well. It doesnít matter, what matters is going forward.
    We held them to 6 points and 3 of the 6 was from a FG set up by a pick that they took to like the 10 yard line. So basically 3 points. And this was when the Rams offense was actually a powerhouse. Ever since they played the Bears theyíve been pretty pedestrian.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    We held them to 6 points and 3 of the 6 was from a FG set up by a pick that they took to like the 10 yard line. So basically 3 points. And this was when the Rams offense was actually a powerhouse. Ever since they played the Bears theyíve been pretty pedestrian.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's also when gurley got hurt I think. People talk about rbs being replaceable but since gurley got hurt rams offense is trash.
    Last edited by disgruntledbull; 10-19-2019 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Mas

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    47,326
    https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...711504384?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •